• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2016 1:09 pm
Tags:
Oct 22, 2013
433 posts
286 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Great the game, even worth to buy at original price..
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1179 posts
513 upvotes
Montreal
IKnowUSexy wrote: Great the game, even worth to buy at original price..
Agreed. So for $20, it's a "steal".
Mar 5, 2011
433 posts
179 upvotes
Pretty good game, played through the first level and liked it.
Feb 1, 2013
428 posts
426 upvotes
halcyon wrote: I'm one of the many that gave it a try and got stuck on the 1st boss. Yes, without question it's rewarding and amazing in so many ways but its not for everyone. Maybe I'll give it another try. Sometimes the biggest frustration about the game is having played 2 hrs or so and realizing you're no further than when you started 2 hrs prior (which isn't the point of the game in the end).
Dude, it took me a month to beat the 1st boss. A MONTH! However, once I got passed that hurdle, it was just awesome. Sure, I died thousands of more times afterwards, but when I finally finished the game (7 months later!), it was the most gratifying experience I've had since finishing Mega Man 2 back on the NES. Keep going. Don't give up.
Mar 10, 2014
26 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Games amazing if a boss is too hard I recommend co op
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4158 posts
4616 upvotes
Ottawa
I reserved in stores just in case, since stock will be gone tomorrow. Anybody else that wants a copy should as well. Avoids $5 filler for free shipping as well.
Jun 12, 2004
873 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
is the DLC worth picking up at MSRP? or is it not must-have. Looking forward to picking this up
-"The subconscious is a state in which reality is just a vistor."-
-"A makeshift salvation is nothing but deception"-
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2585 posts
1026 upvotes
Winnipeg
Batarang wrote: I reserved in stores just in case, since stock will be gone tomorrow. Anybody else that wants a copy should as well. Avoids $5 filler for free shipping as well.
Amazon usually matches Bestbuy so I'm not too worried.
Dec 24, 2005
318 posts
240 upvotes
halcyon wrote: I'm one of the many that gave it a try and got stuck on the 1st boss. Yes, without question it's rewarding and amazing in so many ways but its not for everyone. Maybe I'll give it another try. Sometimes the biggest frustration about the game is having played 2 hrs or so and realizing you're no further than when you started 2 hrs prior (which isn't the point of the game in the end).
But you are further. Think about how much experience you've gained -- not your player character, but you. It took that realization for me to get into DS1. I was banging my head on the wall until I realized how much better I was getting at the game despite not progressing past an early bonfire. And yeah. Co-op.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1679 posts
1237 upvotes
Quebec City
Batarang wrote: I reserved in stores just in case, since stock will be gone tomorrow. Anybody else that wants a copy should as well. Avoids $5 filler for free shipping as well.
Is it just me or the Reserve in stores never works on Chrome?

Nvm, I used their mobile site and it works...
Dec 25, 2005
167 posts
82 upvotes
MercadorHG wrote: Is it just me or the Reserve in stores never works on Chrome?
works for me only when I go incognito
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4158 posts
4616 upvotes
Ottawa
MercadorHG wrote: Is it just me or the Reserve in stores never works on Chrome?
It didn't work for me at first, then I refreshed it and it worked immediately. If it doesn't, maybe try it on mobile or another browser?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Tempted to get it again, but I'll wait in case the digital complete edition goes on sale since I need the DLC. I'd rather have it on the HDD to play whenever I want anyways.
halcyon wrote: You can always order now and price match tomorrow if you're itching to get this.

Great game...poor load times =(. The game tests your patience in all sorts of ways.
Did you play the game around launch? The game had notoriously bad loading back then. It took about a month, but they eventually made improvements to it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1911 posts
393 upvotes
Halifax
Just reserved Until Dawn for 20 as well
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Jul 19, 2007
21 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Even after the patch, it still has long loading time.
But a great game none the less.
Still has a great strong online community. Getting summon for coop after a min or two.
Dec 4, 2011
26 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
oh boy their website sucks. guys, use mobile version of it, it works fine
May 8, 2014
193 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't call the loading times a problem in the game's current state.

I bought this for the same price on Amazon a few months back. $20 is a steal for this game, honestly.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves a challenge and to be genuinely scared of what lurks around every corner.

I'm not going to do a full review here, because there are plenty on the web, but as Jim Sterling said, this could be categorized within the survival/horror genre; if you like having your heart race and feel like your actions have consequences, definitely pick this up.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2444 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
bigmackKFT wrote: It's a steep learning curve , but when you get the hang ofnt, it's less punishing.
I agree - learning curve is steep.
I gave up on the first scene. Played the game for literally 30 minutes before I gave up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)