Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Blue Yeti X WOW edition $129.99 (USB Microphone)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2021 5:04 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2019
37 posts
75 upvotes

[Best Buy] Blue Yeti X WOW edition $129.99 (USB Microphone)

The new Blue Yeti X, World of Warcraft Edition. I’d been watching the thread on the regular Blue Yeti and someone suggested the Elgato 3. Was kicking myself for not buying it in time.

Some folks in the other thread were complaining about the Yeti showing it’s age, well here’s the new model at the same price. The gold trim actually looks better than the standard X.

Not sure how it compares to the Elgato but having tested it out now, it blows my decade old Blue Snowball out of the water.
Last edited by Oladepot on Sep 23rd, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
55 replies
[OP]
Nov 11, 2019
37 posts
75 upvotes

In terms of this microphone though, the only difference I can see between this and the X is the colour scheme and the world of Warcraft logo on the back. The logo isn’t visible from the front and you can put a sticker over it to cover it.

I don’t know how much of these sales goes to blizzard and I don’t know if they’re even making money at this price point. I just think, if anyone else is working from home or otherwise wants a solid, modern USB mic for a decent price, this might do the trick.
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 11th, 2021 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quoted post was removed
Jul 15, 2007
92 posts
75 upvotes
Markham
greenhand wrote: just wondering what the difference between this X model and the one selling on Amazon.ca?

https://www.amazon.ca/Blue-Microphones- ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

I just got one from Amazon.ca and am thinking about purchasing this one.

Thanks.
X apparently has 4 microphone capsules compared to yeti which only has 3. It is supposed to produce a better audio.
Sep 2, 2013
212 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
wow. it makes a difference.

I get to return amazon one and buy this.

thanks.
Nov 17, 2019
756 posts
1942 upvotes
Solid deal.

Shame no one sells skins for the mic. Painting it is always an option with a high quality spray paint. There are some videos on Youtube about it.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1184 posts
3053 upvotes
Rememeber when blue yeti mic cost 89$ + came with a free copy of assassin creed Origins?
pepperidge farm remembers
I have spoken
Aug 23, 2016
116 posts
136 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: Rememeber when blue yeti mic cost 89$ + came with a free copy of assassin creed Origins?
There’s also Tesla model 3 that came with government rebate and Tesla X that doesn’t… so you know
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3962 posts
2719 upvotes
Ontario
almasyseifer wrote: Rememeber when blue yeti mic cost 89$ + came with a free copy of assassin creed Origins?
I still have that one haha.
---
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16009 posts
7599 upvotes
Ottawa
nice deal. This is the X model....so you get a whole bunch of improvements and features over the regular Yeti.

multifunction dial to control levels/balance
LED metering
4th capsule

that gold accenting also looks cool
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Aug 15, 2017
55 posts
15 upvotes
Been running the regular yeti and got that for around $100 on sale a while back. $130 for an upgrade seems solid and this one looks a lot better too.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12511 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
anyone want to sell their old yeti to me and upgrade? :)
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Feb 24, 2009
774 posts
309 upvotes
I got in on that deal years ago but my yeti mic failed a year outside of warranty.
Feb 8, 2020
247 posts
595 upvotes
What the easiest way to put a mic like this one on an arm instead of it's included stand? This thing is huge and would take up a ton of desk space with it's included stand
Hello World!
Aug 19, 2018
162 posts
87 upvotes
23LeBronJames wrote: What the easiest way to put a mic like this one on an arm instead of it's included stand? This thing is huge and would take up a ton of desk space with it's included stand
Looking at the video it doesnt seem like this mic is any bigger than a cup of coffee. Not sure what you consider as "huge" or a "ton of desk space", but id say a cup of coffee is not a lot of desk space. Just my 2c.
I dont stream, but I do use a camera + mic for work a fair bit. Im really tempted for this but wish I could cover up the WOW logo somehow for a more professional look.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3962 posts
2719 upvotes
Ontario
1-anh wrote: I got in on that deal years ago but my yeti mic failed a year outside of warranty.
A yeti Can fail? Sure not the USB Cable damaged lol? Had no clue they can fail I have 2 one from tons of years ago then the black assassin creed one and both work like a charm. I used them every day hours a day lol.
---
Feb 24, 2009
774 posts
309 upvotes
TechChime wrote: A yeti Can fail? Sure not the USB Cable damaged lol? Had no clue they can fail I have 2 one from tons of years ago then the black assassin creed one and both work like a charm. I used them every day hours a day lol.
Yep wasnt the cable tested multiple mini usb cables the microphone is detected in windows but does not record anything i checked all possible settings that might be affecting it but everything looked right just wouldnt work anymore. I even connected it to my other computer and had the same issues.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1573 posts
626 upvotes
TechChime wrote: A yeti Can fail? Sure not the USB Cable damaged lol? Had no clue they can fail I have 2 one from tons of years ago then the black assassin creed one and both work like a charm. I used them every day hours a day lol.
Of course it can, it's not just a dumb mic, there's a whole set of USB circuitry that seems to fail on Blue's products
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D