• May 26th, 2021 4:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3199 posts
2935 upvotes
Ontario

[Best Buy] Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable 5-53lb Pair of Dumbbells $499.99

In case anyone is still looking. Best Buy re-stocked at $499.99 for a pair with free shipping.

Dumbbells doesn't seem to be excluded from CB sites:
Rakuten: 1%
GCR: 1.3%

$499 is the new regular retail price (used to be $459/pair) as sold on Bowflex.ca (available but looks like it'll take 10 weeks to ship)

17 pairs left as of this posting. (based on Stocktrack)

This likely won't last long as the Weider Dumbbell has recently sold out at CT in the GTA area even at the new higher price of $199 per dumbbell (used to be $179).
34 replies
Aug 2, 2015
266 posts
188 upvotes
Multiple people sell knock off China ones on marketplace for much cheaper. They are reasonable quality. Look there first
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1113 posts
2268 upvotes
Canada
PeterG684243 wrote: Multiple people sell knock off China ones on marketplace for much cheaper. They are reasonable quality. Look there first
0 Warranty on those....
Live a little
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3199 posts
2935 upvotes
Ontario
PeterG684243 wrote: Multiple people sell knock off China ones on marketplace for much cheaper. They are reasonable quality. Look there first
Jackji wrote: 0 Warranty on those....
Bowflex has a 2 year warranty. Also, I would imagine it would be easier to re-sell down the road being a brand name?
Sep 1, 2015
893 posts
1103 upvotes
If you haven't bought by now, just wait a little longer and pick up in the clearance sales as things open up eventually. Costco also sold these for cheaper and provided the stand too. It's still going to be a while for us, but with the US restarting, a lot of their merchandise could easily be shipped to us, dollar is higher too.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3485 posts
3156 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
For potential buyers. Each dumbbell measures 16 ½ inches

Normal dumbbells are around 10-12 inches
Aug 2, 2015
266 posts
188 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Bowflex has a 2 year warranty. Also, I would imagine it would be easier to re-sell down the road being a brand name?
I can count on my one hand how many times I've had to use a warranty for anything. The savings out weight the risks in my opinion. I've seen the fakes and they are solid. To each their own
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1113 posts
2268 upvotes
Canada
PeterG684243 wrote: I can count on my one hand how many times I've had to use a warranty for anything. The savings out weight the risks in my opinion. I've seen the fakes and they are solid. To each their own
I've already used the warranty with Bowflex, with proof of purchase and the issue, they ship you the replacements, no questions asked...mine was a small defect, pretty much still able to use, and they still sent a new one to me, so now I have 3 dumbbells lol
Live a little
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3199 posts
2935 upvotes
Ontario
PeterG684243 wrote: I can count on my one hand how many times I've had to use a warranty for anything. The savings out weight the risks in my opinion. I've seen the fakes and they are solid. To each their own
You've "seen" the fakes but haven't even tried them? You don't happen to be the Peter mentioned here?

...just saying!

And obviously I don't have any financial interests in Bowflex or Best Buy (if I had, I wouldn't be on this forum).

@NakedAngel's post seem reasonable. He cautions using Bowflex but even more so with fakes/knockoffs (especially without the backing of a well known, large publicly traded company)
Feb 3, 2021
19 posts
44 upvotes
Jackji wrote: I've already used the warranty with Bowflex, with proof of purchase and the issue, they ship you the replacements, no questions asked...mine was a small defect, pretty much still able to use, and they still sent a new one to me, so now I have 3 dumbbells lol
What issue did you have?
Jan 18, 2021
35 posts
50 upvotes
BebeCad wrote: Any advice for à kncokout brand ?
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/powe ... 0992p.html

Powerblock Sport 2.4 (non-extendable) 3-24 lbs still $99 (each, not a set) at Canadian Tire... 12 in stock @ Maisonneuve and 40 @ Langelier

Def not going to be enough if you want to look like Hulk Hogan but for a smaller-built person or casual user they are great value, I have found.
Nov 17, 2019
552 posts
1443 upvotes
Having used these and powerblocks, I much much prefer the Bowflex. It is closer to an actual dumbbell in shape and feel.
Oct 22, 2007
412 posts
405 upvotes
Dont know if I'm allowed to post but im selling brand new 1090s still in box for $1000. I bought them but ended up getting 552s right after so dont need these. I'll just return after lockdown is over if nobody is interested but they are hard to find.
Jan 5, 2021
5 posts
3 upvotes
Its way cheaper to just buy the Olympic dumbell handles and use plates! $500 for two dumbbells lol
Sep 23, 2007
254 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
koukone wrote: I'm looking for some knockoff versions and stumbled upon this one: https://www.novalook.ca/product-page/no ... -ab-roller
I have NO experience with these, but they seem like same build/concept and free next-day delivery if you're in a certain area is a nice plus.
I've posted about this elsewhere, but I have the Bowflex 552s and the Novalook 90lbs adjustable dumbbells. I use both all the time and I really can't come up with a reason to spend more on the Bowflex version. The Novalooks are plainer looking, but I actually prefer the metal grip of the Novalook to the Bowflex rubber grip (that might be a weight thing, I haven't seen Bowflex 1090s in person).
Sep 14, 2008
774 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
CanuckWithABuck wrote: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/powe ... 0992p.html

Powerblock Sport 2.4 (non-extendable) 3-24 lbs still $99 (each, not a set) at Canadian Tire... 12 in stock @ Maisonneuve and 40 @ Langelier

Def not going to be enough if you want to look like Hulk Hogan but for a smaller-built person or casual user they are great value, I have found.
Most of us could train our whole life and have a personal chef and we still wouldn't come close to looking like that.
For females 24 lbs might be sufficient, however if you're going to spend the cash to pay for adjustable dumbbells you might as well go for models that have higher weight capacity. If you're going for that low weight capacity and are forced to a max weight, save the money and just get a few stand-alone dummbells IMO.

I guess you could always re-sell the 24 power power block, but you could do the same thing with the stand-alones and it'll be less bulky than the power blocks