Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1 inverter microwave, convection oven & air fryer $499.99, $100 off

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2020 9:05 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

[Best Buy] Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1 inverter microwave, convection oven & air fryer $499.99, $100 off

For anyone looking for a uniquely versatile and space saving cooking appliance that fills just about every cooking need the highly rated Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1 1400W convection, 1100W microwave, and 1100W grill with air fryer is currently on sale at Best Buy for $499.99, $100 off. I bought one of these for my wife and I about six months ago and we have barely used our big convection oven since. I highly recommend this excellent device as do most web and youtube reviewers. Here's the blurb from Best Buy if you're interested:

Overview
Get triple the functionality in the kitchen with the Breville Countertop 3-in-1 convection microwave. With 1.1 cu. ft. of capacity, this powerful appliance combines the handy functions of an air fryer, convection oven, and microwave. The smart Element iQ system helps to maintain the ideal heating environment required for precision cooking.

Versatile design for better results

Powerful 3-in-1 countertop appliance combines the functions of an air fryer, convection oven, and microwave for all your cooking needs
12.4" glass turntable is able to easily fit large dishes
1.1 cu. ft. of capacity features 1400W convection, 1100W microwave, and 1100W grill so you can cook, grill, bake, reheat, and more to your heart's content
Power smoothing inverter automatically adjusts the power intensity for even cooking results
Precise temperature control lets you cook food evenly every time

Convenient, smart cooking

Element iQ technology uses smart algorithms to create and maintain the right heating environment for precise, even cooking every time
19 one-touch settings such as Smart Cook, Smart Reheat, and Smart Defrost help take the guesswork out of microwaving
Fast Combi mode uses convection oven, grilling, and microwave features to help prepare dishes faster
Cook from Frozen setting combines microwave, convection, and grill functions to perfectly cook different types of food

Other special features

Soft-close door keeps you from disturbing others in your home
Breville sound suite and mute reduces clangs, beeps, and bumps to ensure quieter operation
Child lock prevents your child from gaining access to the appliance
Stainless-steel interior is durable and easy to clean
Includes Combi-Crisp pan and trivet to make cooking that much easier

47 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Forgot to mention: for those interested make sure to purchase through Rakuten for an extra 1% cb. Anything back is better than nothing.
May 17, 2007
930 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
This is really interesting, can it replace our microwave and toaster oven?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1036 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver
So I have the original Breville oven. Can I just use a raised basket and achieve the same air fryer effect since it is a convection oven?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
orb2k wrote: This is really interesting, can it replace our microwave and toaster oven?
Yes and no. While it has a grill on the inside roof that heats up to 450 degrees (just like a standard toaster or regular convection oven), it doesn't have one on the bottom like those devices do. Thanks to the top grill and the convection fan which really pumps the air, you can bake, air fry and grill most meats, vegetables, etc really well. Toasting bread and the like isn't quite as good, however, since it doesn't have the bottom grill in combination. I've made gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and the like that turn out excellent and while the bread get crispy and and delicious it's not quite the same as in a toaster oven. Saying that: we did got rid of our large counter top convection / toaster oven and picked up a 4 slice toaster to take its place. Otherwise this Breville does everything you can imagine.

We particularly love its combi cook options that employ all three cooking methods during one, continuous cook. For example: you can put in a few rock solid frozen cornish hens (oiled and spiced) and this appliance will use the inverter microwave (not pulse waves at 100%, 0%, repeat etc as it actually lowers its wave intensity to say a true 20%) to defrost the birds. After 15 or so minutes it cranks the convection fans and top grill while still cooking with very low microwave power. 30-40 minutes later you open the door and the birds are perfectly cooked, juicy inside and crispy outside. We couldn't believe it actually worked that well the first few times we tried it.

tl;dr: you'll probably still want an actual toaster for breads but it can bake, air fry, microwave and crips most things really well. Amazingly well when it combines those all in one cook session.
Last edited by Elrondolio on May 6th, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Twism wrote: So I have the original Breville oven. Can I just use a raised basket and achieve the same air fryer effect since it is a convection oven?
We had a countertop Cuisinart convection oven/toaster previously that worked pretty well for air frying with one of these:

https://www.amazon.ca/Gotham-Steel-1683 ... B074VJVKH5

I'd imagine as long as you have a decent fan in your convection it'd turn out pretty well. Compared to our Cuisinart, however, this Combi Wave does a better job air frying nuggets, fries, meats and the like than the straight up convection we used to use. I think it has to do with the speed of the fan and the volume of the air it pushes. If you're happy with your existing Breville I'd suggest trying a basket like above to see if you like the results.

Our microwave was past its prime and thats why we picked up this Combi Wave. We haven't used our Phillips air fryer at all since and have barely used our wall oven (and of course use this as our only microwave now). Its pretty amazing having it hidden on a shelf and yet it does most of our cooking and baking now. The icing on the cake is its soft close door... it basically closes itself really quietly when the door gets close to the closed position. That combined with the ability to turn off the chimes it makes and its extremely quiet operation when microwaving/convecting makes it perfect for late night use.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Twism wrote: So I have the original Breville oven. Can I just use a raised basket and achieve the same air fryer effect since it is a convection oven?
Breville calls their air fryer option 'super convection' and its a separate feature thats supposedly 30% faster at cooking.

You can probably still use it though.
May 17, 2007
930 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
ssjlancer wrote: Breville calls their air fryer option 'super convection' and its a separate feature thats supposedly 30% faster at cooking.

You can probably still use it though.
Air fryer are basically convection oven...just smaller
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
orb2k wrote: Air fryer are basically convection oven...just smaller
Its the difference between a slow cooker and an instant pot. Might have the same end result in the end, it'll just take much longer to get there.
Apr 2, 2015
496 posts
745 upvotes
Siberia
Looks like an awesome bit of kit, but unfortunately there is no way the missus is going to be able to use it with that amount of buttons and dials.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Jone19 wrote: Looks like an awesome bit of kit, but unfortunately there is no way the missus is going to be able to use it with that amount of buttons and dials.
That was my initial thought when I first laid eyes on it too. In use, however, its actually extremely simple and *less* complicated than a standard microwave or convection oven. You basically only use the two big dials: the top one rotates to quickly pick your time and the bottom one rotates to raise / lower your power level, then press start. Under most circumstances that's about it and, very uniquely, you can even spin both those dials to add or remove time and even raise and lower its power level *while* its cooking. It does have a bunch of smart 1 click buttons as well like a fast 1 min option, a melt butter option, melt chocolate option, popcorn, etc and you can, if you wish, pick your type of food you want to cook with a quick spin of the top button and how much it weighs with a simple dial spin on the bottom for the oven/microwave to auto cook it to perfection using all three of its abilities.

Mainly, however, it ended up being easier and more intuitive than our standard microwave / convection oven that had a bunch more button presses as with this Breville you just spin two dials and press start. If interested, check out some of the youtube reviews to see what I mean. All the best!
May 27, 2009
495 posts
141 upvotes
GTA
I am shopping for a microwave right now, and I was really interested in the smaller version of this one (BMO700), but unfortunately, I have a microwave shelf and I do not have not enough clearance at the top (8"). My space is 15" tall, and the smaller model is 12" tall, therefore only 3" clearance. :(

For this model (BMO870), it calls for 8" clearance on all sides as well as the top. From the manual:
  • A minimum clearance of 8 inches (20cm) is required between the microwave and any adjacent walls.
  • Leave a minimum clearance 8 inches (20cm) above the microwave.
:)
Mar 6, 2015
220 posts
460 upvotes
ssjlancer wrote: Its the difference between a slow cooker and an instant pot. Might have the same end result in the end, it'll just take much longer to get there.
Instant pot now makes an air fryer lid which turns a 6qt instant pot into an air fryer too. Pretty awesome to have it as a truly all-in-one device now.
Apr 18, 2017
706 posts
350 upvotes
Poland
Gotoff wrote: Instead of creating my own thread and stealing the thunder

i'll post it here as OP helped me look into this

its $479 at BBB https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... d=60538871

+ 20% off brings it to about $380 + 2.5% gcr

best of all, its the Model BOV900BSSUSC
That's what I bought last week, but how does it compare to this model that OP posted? Should I return it and pickup the 3 in 1?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
xxxronjames wrote: That's what I bought last week, but how does it compare to this model that OP posted? Should I return it and pickup the 3 in 1?
well op is 870, this is 900 so BBB is the higher model.

some differences i see are its 1800W vs 1400
less depth though
but has a dehydrator as well

im sure theres more differences but that was enough for me, plus its $100 cheaper.
Sep 26, 2006
769 posts
298 upvotes
Gotoff wrote: Instead of creating my own thread and stealing the thunder

i'll post it here as OP helped me look into this

its $479 at BBB https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... d=60538871

+ 20% off brings it to about $380 + 2.5% gcr

best of all, its the Model BOV900BSSUSC
OP's one is also a microwave. This is just a smart convection oven/air fryer/dehydrator.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
BaboSo wrote: OP's one is also a microwave. This is just a smart convection oven/air fryer/dehydrator.
good catch, i didn't notice that!

It doesn't have a "warm" setting though, i wonder if thats a good replacement.

hopefully others/OP chime in as well.

edit: nvm the OP one has a higher mrsp by $50 so makes sense.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2042 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
Breville foes not sells many parts. 500$ throw away when fail.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)