Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Breville Smart Oven Air $399

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 4:39 pm
17 replies
Sep 6, 2011
251 posts
83 upvotes
echlon wrote: Best Buy is having another one day flash sale on the Breville Smart Oven Air for $399.
There is a chance that Amazon may match the price again.
Thank you for posting this! I just purchased it at Best Buy two days ago for $479. I got $92 back when I went back with my receipt.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I have the old Breville smart oven pro which I use as a toaster and occatially to cook things I don't want to heat the oven up for..

I've been debating an air fryer purchase (Phillips Viva - $169, or a cheaper model). Is this a good air fryer? Think it is worth the upgrade from my current oven or not much improvement to warrant the extra $200?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
dayam this is the best deal I've seen for this particular Breville oven. I've got an easily 7-10yr old regular Breville oven (non Air) which is still working fine although the control switches/buttons are starting to go a little wonky & the display is getting dimmer.

I wouldnt mind this Air with the increased functions although that said, $400 is still alot of moooolah for a ..... toaster oven :facepalm: . that said, honestly I cannot recall using the normal oven for anything since the Breville came into my life. one of the most beloved feature of the Breville is the very quick warmup time comparo to a regular oven. I would def feel somewhat guilty for wasting power if I had to reheat a pizza slice in the oven but I wouldnt think twice about it using the Breville. the GF has made lots of stuff including Char Siu (BBQ pork) which btw tasted great in the Breville.

decisions decisions......

regardless, thanks for the post OP
Jul 6, 2005
397 posts
191 upvotes
I have the Breville Smart Oven pro as well ($369.00). In the two years we have had it, it has been replaced once by Breville because the fan failed. Two month after getting the new one the fan went on it so I had to replace the fan.

For the price of their products, I don't thing they are worth it. They are supposed to be one of the better products on the market but I am very disappointed in the quality and will not spend the money for there products again.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
scotsum wrote: dayam this is the best deal I've seen for this particular Breville oven. I've got an easily 7-10yr old regular Breville oven (non Air) which is still working fine although the control switches/buttons are starting to go a little wonky & the display is getting dimmer.

I wouldnt mind this Air with the increased functions although that said, $400 is still alot of moooolah for a ..... toaster oven :facepalm: . that said, honestly I cannot recall using the normal oven for anything since the Breville came into my life. one of the most beloved feature of the Breville is the very quick warmup time comparo to a regular oven. I would def feel somewhat guilty for wasting power if I had to reheat a pizza slice in the oven but I wouldnt think twice about it using the Breville. the GF has made lots of stuff including Char Siu (BBQ pork) which btw tasted great in the Breville.

decisions decisions......

regardless, thanks for the post OP
I have the older one as well but I don't think i could justify the cost for this either, though I'm sure it's worth the money with how much it gets used. Just hard to justify buying two ovens. Hopefully my old one keeps going for a while.
Sep 27, 2002
467 posts
108 upvotes
B.C
Xpdite wrote: I have the Breville Smart Oven pro as well ($369.00). In the two years we have had it, it has been replaced once by Breville because the fan failed. Two month after getting the new one the fan went on it so I had to replace the fan.

For the price of their products, I don't thing they are worth it. They are supposed to be one of the better products on the market but I am very disappointed in the quality and will not spend the money for there products again.
how much was the fan? and if you have looked how much are replacement parts for it in general?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2513 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: I have the old Breville smart oven pro which I use as a toaster and occatially to cook things I don't want to heat the oven up for..

I've been debating an air fryer purchase (Phillips Viva - $169, or a cheaper model). Is this a good air fryer? Think it is worth the upgrade from my current oven or not much improvement to warrant the extra $200?
The challenge with 'air frying is to get the air to circulate under the food. Having a higher or lower air speed (which is the difference between the two ovens) won't make much of a difference.
I'd recommend keeping your current oven and getting a copper crisper like tray to allow the hot air to circulate.
Look at these images for examples
https://flipboard.com/@loreleiv/top-10- ... -cbpi0p44z
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Sep 6, 2011
251 posts
83 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: I have the old Breville smart oven pro which I use as a toaster and occatially to cook things I don't want to heat the oven up for..

I debated the same and have the old Smart Oven Pro.

I read a lot of reviews about air fryers and was ready to get one but I don’t like the idea of such small capacity...or paddles mushing things. I found a review that said after testing the top 10 they still couldn’t recommend any because both the Smart Oven Pro and Cuisinart Convection Oven produced better results.

I find that it’s much larger and has a light...the “super convection” is a stronger fan and I like the proofing, dehydrate, and air fry options. The basket is nice. I don’t like how much it smokes when you’re cooking wings or anything greasy. I had it under my range hood and it still set off the fire alarm lol

If you can sell the Smart Oven Pro then I would recommend it. We’re passing it along to the in-laws so it helped with the decision.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Xpdite wrote: I have the Breville Smart Oven pro as well ($369.00). In the two years we have had it, it has been replaced once by Breville because the fan failed. Two month after getting the new one the fan went on it so I had to replace the fan.

We bought a double door version i forget the exact model but was around $300 last year and 3 months of using it the fan stopped they replaced it and that one after only 2 weeks started a horrible fan spinning sound like metal touching metal,We had to worry about getting another replacement and knock on wood its been working but for the money you would expect better
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
May 28, 2012
12485 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
blazed16 wrote: We bought a double door version i forget the exact model but was around $300 last year and 3 months of using it the fan stopped they replaced it and that one after only 2 weeks started a horrible fan spinning sound like metal touching metal,We had to worry about getting another replacement and knock on wood its been working but for the money you would expect better
Are you talking about a Breville oven? As far as I know, they don't have a double door model. I've had the Smart Oven Pro for over a year in constant use and just upgraded to the Air. I have had no problems with it (unlike my Jenn Air oven that is five years old and requires $1k in parts to fix...but I digress). I wish I had bought the Air to begin with because it fits most sizes of pans - I just didn't think I had the counter space but it's not too bad.
Jul 6, 2005
397 posts
191 upvotes
If you have had no problems with your smart oven pro then you are one of the few lucky ones. When I was researching where to buy the fan, I came across a lot of people reporting the exact same issue. It seems that the fan that blows the air for the convection portion of the oven is prone to failure.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
finally got to unpack my new Air this morning & I gotta say while it looks very similar to my old 1st gen Smart Oven, it's much larger inside with a 2" higher & 2.5" wider + 1 more notch for the rack.

on the con, I'm a bit concerned about the rough grinding sound of the fan at super convection but that said, my old Breville's fan makes a similar sound for the longest I can remember so I'm hoping its normal for these ovens.

if this Air lasts as long as my 1st gen, I'll be a happy camper
Dec 14, 2006
871 posts
377 upvotes
Deal dead. Both BB and Amazon bounced back up.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
ya deal's dead unfortunately. I'm munching on some air fry homefries made in the AIR & it turned out puurrrfect! it's a good start Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: Are you talking about a Breville oven? As far as I know, they don't have a double door model. I've had the Smart Oven Pro for over a year in constant use and just upgraded to the Air. I have had no problems with it (unlike my Jenn Air oven that is five years old and requires $1k in parts to fix...but I digress). I wish I had bought the Air to begin with because it fits most sizes of pans - I just didn't think I had the counter space but it's not too bad.
You are correct just asked wife what it was its oster
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)