Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Brother Label Printer - PT-H110 PM at BestBuy at $16.79

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2019 4:11 pm
Mar 1, 2011
452 posts
1126 upvotes
Fraser Valley

[Best Buy] Brother Label Printer - PT-H110 PM at BestBuy at $16.79

Was looking for a low cost label printer. Noticed that Staples have the Brother PT-H110 lightweight label printer on sale for $19.79.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/br ... 39508.aspx?

Best Buy has this at $49.99. With PM and the 10% price beat, final cost will be $16.79. Now, Brother consumable are expensive but lots of compatible labels on Amazon.ca for a lot less price.

Capture.PNG
29 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I wonder if this printer wastes as much tape on every label as my PT-H100.
I swear there's like a 6 inch leader on each side of the actual text.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
do you guys know which brother toner this printer uses?
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Oct 16, 2011
165 posts
152 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I wonder if this printer wastes as much tape on every label as my PT-H100.
I swear there's like a 6 inch leader on each side of the actual text.

There’s a setting to fix that. Go to margins ->> narrow. Reduces the margins from the normal 1 inch to like 4mm.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
hhp021 wrote: There’s a setting to fix that. Go to margins ->> narrow. Reduces the margins from the normal 1 inch to like 4mm.
I completely forgot about that setting mostly because I had to trim it afterwards.
But it's not like I don't have to trim it anyway with full margins.

Thanks!
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Sep 10, 2018
659 posts
1910 upvotes
Do I care?
hhp021 wrote: There’s a setting to fix that. Go to margins ->> narrow. Reduces the margins from the normal 1 inch to like 4mm.
Only on one side though? I have both this and Dymo and Dymo wastes less tape. Brother has slightly better keyboard for entering special characters
Oct 16, 2011
165 posts
152 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: Only on one side though? I have both this and Dymo and Dymo wastes less tape. Brother has slightly better keyboard for entering special characters
4mm on either side. Regular setting adds an inch to both sides.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
This label printer was 14$ a while back, bought several tapes from China, they are super cheap so even with tape wasted you barely lose in terms of cash.

They got various types of tape too, laminated, ones that you can iron on clothes, various colors...

Only thing is it eats batteries so use rechargeable, can't find a cheap power supply that works with this.
Oct 6, 2012
163 posts
226 upvotes
KINGSTON
If you don't really need the labels to be laminated, I would recommend the Brother label printers that use the M tapes rather than the TZ tapes. I have a DYMO and don't really like the print quality compared to the Brother. I have a Brother label maker that uses M tapes, and one that uses TZ tapes. I only use the TZ label maker when I know that the label will be exposed to wear and tear, which is not very often. For 95% of my labels, I use the M label maker because the margins are acceptable and I don't have to trim every label like I have to do with the TZ label maker.
Sure, I can change the margins or do a chain print of labels with the TZ label maker for less waste, but I still have to pull out the scissors and try and cut at the dotted line or cut both sides of the dotted line to eliminate any of the dots on my labels. So unless you like the wide margins, you will need a pair of scissors for every label you make on the TZ label maker. Just too much hassle for me.
If anyone knows of a Brother TZ label maker model that does print with narrow margins and doesn't require any trimming, I would greatly appreciate the info.
Oh, and I'm not quite sure if all the M tape label makers print with the same margins... but I use the PT-70
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
I pool my printings together and leave one space character between labels. Not the prettiest, but wastes minimal tape.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
nbking74 wrote: Oh, and I just noticed that Amazon has the PTM95 label maker on sale for $11.99 (reg. 27.99)
Staples = $27.99 (reg. 40.99)
Best buy = $19.99 (third party seller)

https://www.amazon.ca/BROTHER-PTM95-Bro ... 5-fkmrnull
Do yourself a favor and stick to the on in the OP. the PTM95 uses "M" tapes, and they are NOT laminated. They tend to fade a wear a lot quicker than the "TZe" tapes that the PT-H110 uses.

Like many have mentioned, the wasted tape is the biggest flaw with the brother mechanism. However 3rd party tapes are now so cheap and just as good, that it no longer bothers me. I do "Chain" print when printing multiple labels, but otherwise, "such is life".
Jun 5, 2010
643 posts
1034 upvotes
Ottawa
nbking74 wrote: Oh, and I just noticed that Amazon has the PTM95 label maker on sale for $11.99 (reg. 27.99)
For me - Non-prime CDN$ 11.99 + CDN$ 12.98 shipping - Pass
E as in ewe, eye, eight
Jun 5, 2010
643 posts
1034 upvotes
Ottawa
kangarooz wrote: do you guys know which brother toner this printer uses?
This uses sealed tape cartridges which are thermal imaged by the printer.
The cartridges are expensive, but compatible ones are available, for example at 123ink.ca for $5.95 and up. Different colours and sizes change the price significantly.
There is always discussion as to the tape waste on printing. I use a USB linked one and the P-touch editor to drive it. When printing a batch of labels, I can just have it print "cut marks" a dashed vertical line between labels - only waste on the last label.
E as in ewe, eye, eight
Apr 14, 2008
252 posts
113 upvotes
Thanks OP - my wife had mentioned she wanted a label maker - PMed at Best Buy (it was actually $15.79 and not $16.79 with the PM). About to order a 2 -pack of knock off label cartridges from Amazon...
Jul 28, 2014
46 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Is there a way to PM with BestBuy online or can you only do it in store?
Aug 3, 2009
931 posts
383 upvotes
I tried to price match online and they declined it because of limited availability