• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2019 12:52 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1169 posts
345 upvotes

[Best Buy] Brydge Keyboard for iPad Pro 11” $159 / 12.9” $179

Noticed these keyboards are on sale at Bestbuy now for $159 CAD versus $199 on Amazon.ca

MSRP is normally $149USD for the iPad 11 keyboard and $169USD for the 12.9 inch

Good Opportunity for anyone who was looking to try out this keyboard with an option of returning back to bestbuy if they do not like it. Brydge’s actual return policy is not very good as they have a restocking fee, and some of the reviews show QC issues.

Not a super hot deal, but the Brydge keyboard is a cheaper alternative to the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard, and has an all aluminum design.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=Brydge
8 replies
Apr 7, 2015
539 posts
371 upvotes
Vancouver Island
9.7" iPad version also available for $110... Been wanting one for a while. Sale ends on the 5th, so it gives me a chance to decide if I actually want it.

Definitely won't fit with my Lifeproof case though...

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1196 posts
3061 upvotes
New Brunswick
Of course, the 11’’ space grey is sold out lol
Jul 23, 2009
909 posts
426 upvotes
Ireland
Horrible experience with the Brydge series of keyboards. Used it on my iPad Air 3 and when I closed it like a laptop the hinges would put pressure on the screen causing discolouration and pressure marks. Returned it the next day pretty much and switched to a Logitech Slim Combo for $30 cheaper which is a much better case IMO and the keyboard is better as well and actually connects via the smart-connector as opposed to Bluetooth.

Word of warning before anyone damages their tablet because of this keyboard.
Mar 14, 2011
320 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
I use the Pro 12.9 keyboard and while nice and hasn't damaged my iPad it has some clear limitations like being unable to flip over for use as a tablet without struggling with the tight rubberized grips and flipping the tablet which is not practical for daily use. Also there are still quality control issues with inconsistent keystrokes much like a real MacBook I guess my G H and a couple of others dont register unless you hit them exactly in the center.

Pros:
Looks like a MacBook and makes the iPad to laptop transition almost complete for that kind of work.
Keys feel nice and are backlit good shortcuts for iPad OS functions.
Battery life is stellar and charges using the same cable as your iPad and can be charged by it.
Heavy enough to feel firm in a lap environment.

Cons:
Key press consistency / quality control.
More expensive than Logitech.
Cannot flip all the way over for artists and the "movie mode" is a joke it just means take it out of the grips and flip it which is a pain in the ass.
Jun 9, 2009
811 posts
149 upvotes
Hamilton
Bought it after seeing this and it’s already in a box waiting area o be returned.

The rubber on the hinges is shit. Almost scratched my screen putting it into movie mode.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1073 posts
95 upvotes
The QC is absolute trash. They didn't learn from how bad their previous run went.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1169 posts
345 upvotes
The one I got works really well, no bends or unresponsive keys so far. I do agree with the QC concerns which is why I wanted to buy one from bestbuy so I can return or exchange easily without restocking fees... after reading some review, I wouldn’t order from Brydge directly.