• Oct 8th, 2019 3:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1345 posts
4139 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Buy any Nintendo 3DS game, get a select 3DS accessory free

Best Buy is running a promotion currently where if you buy any 3DS game you get an accessory for free. The cheapest game available right now is Sushi Striker for $14.97, then you can add an accessory to get it for free. The promo only works for certain accessories sold and shipped by Best Buy.

Sushi Striker for $14.97: Sushi

3DS Accessories: Accessories

Best accessories that work for the promo:

Hori Pikachu Protector for $29.99 (Get it free): Pikachu

Zelda Hard Pouch for $14.97 (Get it free): Zelda

Official 3DS Charger for $14.99 (Get it free): Charger

EDIT: Promo also works on digital games. The cheapest 3DS digital game Best Buy sells is Kid Icarus for $3.99: Kid Icarus

Thanks to: finalelement
Last edited by WH0WHAT on Oct 4th, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14864 posts
4370 upvotes
Remember when Best Buy was giving away Animal Crossing amiibo with a Switch purchase? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Sep 11, 2012
17 posts
85 upvotes
Nice deal! Id get that Pikachu case if I had the 2ds xl :(

Also sushi strikers 3ds currently has a trade in value at ebgames for 7 bucks so if you trade it to them you can get some money back :)

You can also get digital 3ds games to trigger the accessory promotion and there are some digital Games that are cheaper than sushi strike. Keep in mind though you can't return those.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1345 posts
4139 upvotes
Toronto
finalelement wrote: You can also get digital 3ds games to trigger the accessory promotion and there are some digital Games that are cheaper than sushi strike. Keep in mind though you can't return those.
Makes the deal even better, thanks!
Jun 5, 2019
90 posts
131 upvotes
The discount is taken before the free shipping is calculated, so you'd have to buy something else to make it worth it. The only 3DS game I don't have that I want is Majora's Mask and that's $5 short of free shipping. It's also out of stock at all of my local stores. Oh well.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2035 posts
1401 upvotes
Ottawa
finalelement wrote: Nice deal! Id get that Pikachu case if I had the 2ds xl :(
Too bad it isn't for the 3ds xl

As for the charger, keep in mind those Nintendo ones for some reason are 115V only instead of scarf you'd expect nowadays to be dual voltage, learned that the hard way. I'd suggest to get a cable off ebay/Aliexpress and use your phone charger instead (Nintendo uses 4.6V but that extra 10% won't damage it)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4638 posts
4433 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The offer is listed on the Previously Played games as well and it works, I added Codename S.T.E.A.M. to my cart and the Zelda case and the discount popped.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9199 posts
5645 upvotes
Toronto
Darn $5 shipping, don't think I want the accessories enough to bite. Thanks though
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4638 posts
4433 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
cyphon21 wrote: Deal dead? Or just site to list?

Edit: not dead, just tried it. However it's trying to charge me full price if I reserve instore pickup.
Possibly not supposed to be valid in-store.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2538 posts
402 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
chemicalxv wrote: Possibly not supposed to be valid in-store.
Looked through all of the fine print, nothing states that. I reserved the accessory I wanted, so I'll go in store and explain what I am looking for. If not, no big deal and I leave.
Apr 10, 2007
587 posts
112 upvotes
Preordered the new amiibo (to get free shipping for everything) and grabbed myself codes for pocket card jockey and wario ware and got 2 chargers for free. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3100 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
Pocket Card Jockey is surprisingly engaging. (It's from Game Freak, after all.) I think it's sometimes a little cheaper on the Nintendo eShop, though.
Apr 10, 2007
587 posts
112 upvotes
Jorpho wrote: Pocket Card Jockey is surprisingly engaging. (It's from Game Freak, after all.) I think it's sometimes a little cheaper on the Nintendo eShop, though.

Cheaper than 10$ with a free charger?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2009
1022 posts
131 upvotes
finalelement wrote:

Also sushi strikers 3ds currently has a trade in value at ebgames for 7 bucks so if you trade it to them you can get some money back :)
Pro Tip :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3100 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
Lockescythe wrote: Cheaper than 10$ with a free charger?
Indeed, probably not that cheap – unless you consider the unofficial USB charging cables you can get off eBay.
Jul 30, 2019
74 posts
15 upvotes
Weird...I checked the link for the pikachu case and although it says it's for the 2ds xl there are pictures of an identical case for 3ds. Perhaps they made a typo or uploaded the wrong pics to the item page?