• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 2:32 pm
[OP]
May 5, 2011
66 posts
63 upvotes
Fredericton, NB

[Best Buy] Canon Pixma G7020

Best Buy has the Canon Pixma G7020 on sale for $30 off - compare to staples price of $499 and it seems like an even better deal. Highly rated inkjet on Consumer Reports, costs very little to print each page if you print a lot of stuff and quality is good. I had to pick up a printer since I'm no longer able to just use the one at my office due to the pandemic haha
8 replies
Dec 4, 2017
162 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto-ON
I have a HP printer today and will need to buy a new one soon. I use the scan a lot... Specially via cell phone so I can easily save on my dropbox and don't need to use my PC for that.
Do you know if Canon had easier softwares for that too?
Aug 5, 2012
645 posts
430 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
DoubleJesus wrote: Best Buy has the Canon Pixma G7020 on sale for $30 off - compare to staples price of $499 and it seems like an even better deal. Highly rated inkjet on Consumer Reports, costs very little to print each page if you print a lot of stuff and quality is good. I had to pick up a printer since I'm no longer able to just use the one at my office due to the pandemic haha
At this price you can buy very good color laser printers.
"You have more chances of getting hit by a lightning or getting eaten by a shark than actually winning a lottery"
Aug 5, 2012
645 posts
430 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
DoubleJesus wrote: Best Buy has the Canon Pixma G7020 on sale for $30 off - compare to staples price of $499 and it seems like an even better deal. Highly rated inkjet on Consumer Reports, costs very little to print each page if you print a lot of stuff and quality is good. I had to pick up a printer since I'm no longer able to just use the one at my office due to the pandemic haha
At this price you can buy very good color laser printers.
"You have more chances of getting hit by a lightning or getting eaten by a shark than actually winning a lottery"
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1429 posts
1145 upvotes
vik56in wrote: At this price you can buy very good color laser printers.
Prefer inkjet for photos. I print a lot and am still on my first set of ink bottles. They last forever.
[OP]
May 5, 2011
66 posts
63 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
vik56in wrote: At this price you can buy very good color laser printers.
Can you link some? And are their toner cartridges affordable too? total cost of printing should be factored in for the life of the printer, not just the up front price
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8102 posts
4613 upvotes
Kootenays
OP, if you put the price in your thread title it will attract much more attention and save the rest of us time. You can do it by going to Edit, then Advanced.
Aug 5, 2012
645 posts
430 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
DoubleJesus wrote: Can you link some? And are their toner cartridges affordable too? total cost of printing should be factored in for the life of the printer, not just the up front price
Yes, laser printers have ribbons and not toner cartridges like inkjet printers. A new ribbon on a laser printer should print you approximately 1500 copies. It is cheaper to have laser printer in the long run than an inkjet printers.
[OP]
May 5, 2011
66 posts
63 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
vik56in wrote: Yes, laser printers have ribbons and not toner cartridges like inkjet printers. A new ribbon on a laser printer should print you approximately 1500 copies. It is cheaper to have laser printer in the long run than an inkjet printers.
Again, can you link some to back up your claims? I was comparing total cost of ownership as reported on consumer reports while shopping and found this printer to be a great value in the long run with better image quality than a laser printer.