• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2020 1:38 am
[OP]
Oct 17, 2006
614 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20A 34mm GPS MAPPING Smartwatch

Bought this Casio Pro-Trek GPS Smartwatch, which has built in GPS and mapping when connected to Smartphone and also offline Map access. Second generation and is a very large watch (latest 3rd generation which is slightly smaller sells for $699).
MIL-STD-810G-certified rugged design ensures it will take a beating if you are the type who is very active.

When this originally came out is sold for the same price as the new model, limited stock online in Blue and Green colours and also in store for the Green (very limited quantity)
Tracks steps, elevation, distance and different sport modes (skiing, fishing, climbing), compass. I have small wrists but like a bigger watch face so this is great for me.

Green model https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ca ... n/13041596
casio-pro-trek.jpg
casio-pro-trek-smart-altitrack-1500x1000.jpg
fTd945LUZ8PsvmtEBKwTt9-480-80.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Overview

Use modern technology to fully experience the outdoors with the Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 34mm smartwatch. Not only does it track a variety of fitness stats and keep you connected to the world, it also boasts advanced GPS functionality, using full-colour map positioning and accurate monitoring of the ever-changing state of the atmosphere around you

Automatic goal setting keeps you going in the right direction
Tracks calories, distance, steps, running, elevation, and climbing to help you meet your fitness goals
Advanced GPS functionality meets PRO TREK outdoor specifications and includes miniature built-in sensors that accurately sense constantly changing natural phenomena and displays current location positioning on a full-color map
Monitors trekking, fishing, cycling, paddle, and snow activities
Built-in Google Assistant voice command capabilities
Receive notifications by silent alarm, vibration, and illuminated alerts
With a full charge you'll experience roughly 1 day of normal colour display use, roughly 2 days of normal colour display auto-off use, and roughly 1 month of timepiece mode (timekeeping only) use
Lithium-ion battery fully charges via USB in 2 hours
TFT LCD display boasts 320 x 300 resolution with adjustable brightness
Durably crafted with a stainless-steel backed resin case and adjustable resin band with buckle closure
Control functions using the illuminated touchscreen display or 3 physical buttons
Receive notifications for incoming and missed calls, emails, calendar, SMS, Find My Phone, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and weather
Displays compass, ambient temperature, altimeter, and barometer information
Water resistant to 50m, making it suitable for showering and even swimming, but not diving
Powered with Wear OS 2.0 by Google
Compatible with iOS 9.3+, Android 4.4+ operating systems
Features smartphone synchronization
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity for wireless pairing to your device
Preloaded with Tool App, as well as Trekking, Snow, Fishing, Cycling, and Paddle apps
Over 50 apps available on Google Play and App Store
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2614 posts
1834 upvotes
Kitchener
Is it worth it for a first smartwatch to use with an iPhone?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
7451 posts
3001 upvotes
Markham
NowJoJo wrote: Is it worth it for a first smartwatch to use with an iPhone?
I'd say depends. Do you use it for outdoor activities or general purpose
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1410 posts
496 upvotes
I'm worried about the longevity of the battery considering it's built in and not replaceable, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Also you need to charge this every day. And the reviews say unless you get a lot of light or sunlight to view this outside it's gonna be difficult.
Last edited by halhen1 on Jan 1st, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2614 posts
1834 upvotes
Kitchener
smartie wrote: I'd say depends. Do you use it for outdoor activities or general purpose
General use, really want an Apple Watch but they are kinda expensive :(
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
1415 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
halhen1 wrote: I'm worried about the longevity of the battery considering it's built in and not replaceable, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Also you need to charge this every day. And the reviews say unless you get a lot of light or sunlight to view this outside it's gonna be difficult.
This watch should last a day on a charge and there's a special mode for time only which lasts up to two weeks (unlike most smartwatches) ... Also, i wouldn't be too concerned about longevity of smartwatch batteries, because by the time the life depletes to the point
of being unusable (5-8 years) you will probably get a new better one anyways... just like your cell phone and would have gotten good value out of it if your wear it every day...
Louis: Welcome to your first toddler pageant Stewie. Its what you do when you're in Texas.
Stewie: Oh lovely, a first class ticket to a semen stained death in the basement.
Mar 6, 2015
335 posts
1063 upvotes
New Brunswick
This thing is MASSIVE. Size comparison with the Fenix 5, which is already a big watch.

Fenix 5: 47 x 47 x 15.5 mm
Pro Trek: 61.7 x 56.4 x 15.7 mm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2614 posts
1834 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP! Bought the last green one!

Seems like there is 5 blue ones left online.

Now, where can I buy a screen protector for this?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
7451 posts
3001 upvotes
Markham
NowJoJo wrote: General use, really want an Apple Watch but they are kinda expensive :(
Better than cheap but no use:)
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2614 posts
1834 upvotes
Kitchener
smartie wrote: Better than cheap but no use:)
I bought one of these Casio's :D

Can't wait to get it! Much more affordable than the Apple Watch.

Price in title please OP!
Dec 28, 2018
20 posts
5 upvotes
Does anybody have experience using this or any Wear OS 2.0 watch as a golf rangefinder?
He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself.
Sep 26, 2019
84 posts
106 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It's a rugged device for tracking outdoor activities (running, cycling, hiking) due to its built-in GPS and barometric altimeter. The physical buttons allow you to control it in conditions when using the touchscreen becomes awkward or inconvenient. Its ability to store and display maps means it can be used for on and off-trail navigation. However, it lacks a heart-rate monitor which makes it less than ideal for monitoring fitness (and improvements in one's fitness).
Mar 24, 2009
28 posts
39 upvotes
...posted less then 2 hrs ago and looks like OOS already :-(
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2614 posts
1834 upvotes
Kitchener