Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Hub $99.99 after $30 off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 9:53 pm
Jul 17, 2013
47 posts
24 upvotes

[Best Buy] Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Hub $99.99 after $30 off

I just price matched at HD for an additional 10% off!

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.myq- ... 63927.html

In case anyone is wondering about compatibility with garage openers:

MyQ Garage enables smartphone control of most major garage door opener brands with Photo Eyes manufactured starting in 1993.
Chamberlain®
LiftMaster®
Craftsman®
Genie® - Most garage door openers manufactured between 1996 and 2016 (Intellicode 1 and Intellicode 2)
Overhead Door® - Most garage door openers manufactured between 1996 and 2016 (CodeDodger 1 and CodeDodger 2)
Linear MegaCode
Stanley SecureCode
Wayne Dalton® 372 MHz

Source: https://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone- ... garage-hub
19 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1885 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, it does not appear as if Chamberlain ever fixed the KRACK Wi-Fi security vulnerability in this product: https://myqcommunity.chamberlain.com/ch ... reply-list

The KRACK vulnerability allows hackers to break into your network, even when encrypted with WPA2. I returned mine because I felt Chamberlain wasn't taking network security seriously.
How I try to save money: Koodo Mobile $29 30GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / TopCashback / Wealthsimple Mastercard / EQ Bank Mastercard
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Is this the same hub a bunch of us got for $60 last year? Or is this an updated version?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jul 17, 2013
47 posts
24 upvotes
This was released early this year so it's the latest version, however, I don't know which one was on sale for $60, if it did the same thing it might have been a better deal...
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
blacksea73 wrote: This was released early this year so it's the latest version, however, I don't know which one was on sale for $60, if it did the same thing it might have been a better deal...
Looks like the latest version of the one that was on clearance at Indigo last summer
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
engineered wrote: Is this the same hub a bunch of us got for $60 last year? Or is this an updated version?
One of these Chamberlain hubs was on clearance for like $12 at HD a few weeks ago. It might still be?
Jul 17, 2013
47 posts
24 upvotes
That was MyQ Internet Gateway (retail $64.39 at HD) and only compatible with Chamberlain MyQ garage door openers and light controls enabled by MyQ technology.
home-depot-chamberlain-garage-door-myq- ... v-2198155/

This Hub works with all garage door openers, see the original post (retail $129 at HD). I have an older Craftsman, I was able to install the MyQ hub in 15 min, very easy.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8307 upvotes
Brampton
engineered wrote: Is this the same hub a bunch of us got for $60 last year? Or is this an updated version?
This is the new version with Homekit support.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1488 posts
253 upvotes
Calgary
A little off topic, I was at lowes and they said they no longer price beat by 10%, they only pricematch. They also said that they were the last store to do implement this (ie Home depot did this before Lowes and no longer price beats). Is this true? I just noticed that OP stated they got an additional 10% off.
Jan 31, 2008
693 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
LeafsWillWin wrote: A little off topic, I was at lowes and they said they no longer price beat by 10%, they only pricematch. They also said that they were the last store to do implement this (ie Home depot did this before Lowes and no longer price beats). Is this true? I just noticed that OP stated they got an additional 10% off.
HomeDepot still does the 10% beat last month...it should still be on

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/custom ... antee.html
Jul 17, 2013
47 posts
24 upvotes
Yes, I did, they call it “competitive price adjustment” on their paperwork.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2308 posts
2725 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
anyone actually used this before? ive read some pretty negative reviews about this.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Sicklyslick wrote: anyone actually used this before? ive read some pretty negative reviews about this.
I like mine. Works pretty well with the MyQ app. Just make sure to put it on a guest wifi network due to security flaw.
Oct 21, 2012
166 posts
312 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op
Just got one PM at Home Depot. $100+ change after taxes. No more wondering if I closed my garage:p
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2308 posts
2725 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
engineered wrote: I like mine. Works pretty well with the MyQ app. Just make sure to put it on a guest wifi network due to security flaw.
does it connect to a hub like smartthings and you can command it via google home?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
Just in the process of having my new Chamberlain door opener installed (with myq), what would this be used for?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Sicklyslick wrote: does it connect to a hub like smartthings and you can command it via google home?
This new one apparently connects to Homekit, my older one uses the standalone app but apparently some have connected it to IFTTT. I think you can also pay a monthly fee to Chamberlain to connect to Google Home/SmartThings maybe?
I don't have any automation listening at all times so I don't care. I just open the app on my phone and open/close the door. It also sends me notices when it's opened, or when it's been open for to long.
Jul 17, 2013
47 posts
24 upvotes
blexann wrote: Just in the process of having my new Chamberlain door opener installed (with myq), what would this be used for?
Best feature for me is automatic closing of garage door after a certain hour, say after 10PM. No more panic in the morning realizing the garage was open all night :-)
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
blacksea73 wrote: Best feature for me is automatic closing of garage door after a certain hour, say after 10PM. No more panic in the morning realizing the garage was open all night :-)
Interesting. thanks
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Jun 20, 2011
330 posts
107 upvotes
Just google "myq phantom opening"

You are welcome !