Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Chicco Cortina CX Stroller with KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat $299.00 $250OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2019 2:45 pm
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
98 posts
36 upvotes

[Best Buy] Chicco Cortina CX Stroller with KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat $299.00 $250OFF

Hey Guys,

I was shopping Stroller and car seat for my first baby and found this deal. Let me know how you feel about it?
Deal Link: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ch ... y/13029404
Plus, there is a baby sleeper suit free with $200+ purchase.
LIMITED TIME ONLY - FREE baby sleeper ($24.99 min. value) when you spend $200 or more on baby products*.

Edit, found that it was posted by RedFlagDeals way back for $329 which was expired (EXPIRES: January 31, 2019), so seems like a HOT deal?
https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/baby- ... ar-seat-1/

Thanks.
20 replies
Jan 21, 2014
122 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
Make sure the 4 wheels will work for you before you buy.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3549 posts
1513 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this during last sale at 329. This model was recalled, there is a small foam piece you need to install to make it compliant, Overall we're happy with it, the keyfit base is great, I bought an extra one to install in our 2nd car so its easy to switch cars
Aug 17, 2008
17 posts
9 upvotes
Wasaga Beach, ON
The Keyfit 30 is excellent: I have twins so had to buy two of them. It is also the narrowest highly-rated baby seat, and it can hold premature-size babies down to 5lb or less.

Recommend the baby seat, and I would assume that the stroller is also of high quality (if you happen to only have one baby to push).
Nov 24, 2014
305 posts
222 upvotes
Quebec, QC
I purchased a similar Chicco Travel kit a couple years ago for our first born (Chicco Cortina + KeyFit 22 for $329.99). The stroller is really easy to fold/unfold (one handle, that's it!), easy to maneuver and includes most of the perks you could expect from a higher tier / overexpensive stroller (that often charges you extra for certain items...): cup holder, large undercarriage storage, reclining seat, removable tray...

As others have pointed out, the KeyFit Infant car seat is one of the best, if not the best on the market. The level indicator and user friendly tightening system makes it a breeze to install. We never even felt the need to buy a second base since it was so easy to remove/install in our 2nd car (5 seconds to remove, under 20 seconds to install in the new car). When we compared to our families' & friends' infant car seat, the KeyFit was so much more easy to operate!

The car seat is so easy to use that the only disappointment is when your kids finally outgrow the size/weight limit haha (KeyFit 22 = 22 lbs limit in my case). My 2nd baby is about to bust the limit in under a month :( With the current deal though, that's less of an issue since the KeyFit 30 = 30 lbs limit. (Although, I don't see how a 30 lbs baby would still fit in an Infant Car seat. His feet will probably be way too long by that time)

In short, that's a great travel system and you won't be disappointed at that price!
Apr 25, 2019
92 posts
26 upvotes
Hsharpreet wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 12:07 am
Hey Guys,

I was shopping Stroller and car seat for my first baby and found this deal. Let me know how you feel about it?
Deal Link: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ch ... y/13029404
Plus, there is a baby sleeper suit free with $200+ purchase.
LIMITED TIME ONLY - FREE baby sleeper ($24.99 min. value) when you spend $200 or more on baby products*.

Edit, found that it was posted by RedFlagDeals way back for $329 which was expired (EXPIRES: January 31, 2019), so seems like a HOT deal?
https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/baby- ... ar-seat-1/

Thanks.
Bought this a few days ago for 299+ tax from bestbuy. Based on my research its a good one, I was going ahead to buy a cheaper one from Amazon which can fit babies weighing in a little heavier ( 30 lbs vs 35 lbs) but spouse liked this design so we bought this.

https://www.amazon.ca/Evenflo-Sibby-Tra ... way&sr=8-8

If you want to check quality you can visit BabyRus store and physically see them. There are also some all in one seats which I saw after purchasing this one, they can take 4 lbs to 120 lbs
https://www.amazon.ca/Graco-Children-4E ... ay&sr=8-28
Last edited by dentonic88 on Jun 26th, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
98 posts
36 upvotes
jiayejoe wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:09 am
I purchased a similar Chicco Travel kit a couple years ago for our first born (Chicco Cortina + KeyFit 22 for $329.99). The stroller is really easy to fold/unfold (one handle, that's it!), easy to maneuver and includes most of the perks you could expect from a higher tier / overexpensive stroller (that often charges you extra for certain items...): cup holder, large undercarriage storage, reclining seat, removable tray...

As others have pointed out, the KeyFit Infant car seat is one of the best, if not the best on the market. The level indicator and user friendly tightening system makes it a breeze to install. We never even felt the need to buy a second base since it was so easy to remove/install in our 2nd car (5 seconds to remove, under 20 seconds to install in the new car). When we compared to our families' & friends' infant car seat, the KeyFit was so much more easy to operate!

The car seat is so easy to use that the only disappointment is when your kids finally outgrow the size/weight limit haha (KeyFit 22 = 22 lbs limit in my case). My 2nd baby is about to bust the limit in under a month :( With the current deal though, that's less of an issue since the KeyFit 30 = 30 lbs limit. (Although, I don't see how a 30 lbs baby would still fit in an Infant Car seat. His feet will probably be way too long by that time)

In short, that's a great travel system and you won't be disappointed at that price!
Good to know about your detailed experience. My brother suggested to talk to professional and may be buy 3 in 1 sort of car seat which goes through all stages and only problem would be when baby goes in and out of the car, he/she might wake up. Do you think it is a good idea?
I know that this keyFit30 will be replaced with bigger car seat afterwards, so it won't be cost effective. What are your suggestions here?
Aug 6, 2007
65 posts
2 upvotes
I echo the chicco keyfit car seat is a great buy (stroller is a nice 'add on')

As mentioned, the car seat is highly rated, easy to install and use. The price of the car seat alone makes the deal worth it imo.

I purchased the chicco bravo during the black Friday sale last year and have no regrets.

Also, as mentioned before, it's a four wheel stroller, not sure if that matters to you.

We use a three wheel stroller for walks in the park (grass, sand, dirt) and city pushing (over bumpy side walks and streetcar tracks) because it's easier for us.

Four wheels can do the same thing. Preferences, it's up to you. All about what's easier for you and what fits.

Edit : babies sleep well, a little jostling won't disturb them. As for being cost efficient, and to aim for 'all possible baby/infant' stages, you have to make compromises.
Ie: weight of seat, size, portability, cost.
Also keep in mind that the car seats have expiry dates. You plan on using the booster car seat until the kid is 7? But the seat expires in 5 yrs? No go.
Or, you want to have a second/third ++ kid? Need to buy another one.

Hope this helps
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1678 posts
699 upvotes
Hsharpreet wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:34 am
Good to know about your detailed experience. My brother suggested to talk to professional and may be buy 3 in 1 sort of car seat which goes through all stages and only problem would be when baby goes in and out of the car, he/she might wake up. Do you think it is a good idea?
I know that this keyFit30 will be replaced with bigger car seat afterwards, so it won't be cost effective. What are your suggestions here?
Get both the infant car seat (the keyfit 30) and a larger 3 in 1 car seat if you want your life to be easy.

In the first 3 months or so they sleep in any condition so you can move them together with car seat to run your errands (groceries, dr appointments, etc). Not sure when you are expecting, but you don't want to be moving the baby in and out of a 3 in 1 in the winter. The keyfit will be in your house all warm and all you have to do is to put a blanket on them and they'll be ready to head out within 2 minutes. Think about the logistics of warming your car and seat so you don't need to put your baby on a -20C car seat in your car in the winter (because you're not supposed to put a jacket on baby when they're in the car seat as it is more dangerous. they'll slip out.)

When baby is older, they will 1) wake up easier from the movement and 2) will be too heavy for you to carry both car seat AND baby together. By then you will want to ditch the bucket seat anyway.

I highly recommend you buy both. You will be extremely busy so don't create unnecessary problems for yourself if you can solve it by getting both seats.
Dec 10, 2012
158 posts
48 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Where do I get this foam piece? Do I have to contact Chicco to have them send it to me?
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 4:20 am
I bought this during last sale at 329. This model was recalled, there is a small foam piece you need to install to make it compliant, Overall we're happy with it, the keyfit base is great, I bought an extra one to install in our 2nd car so its easy to switch cars
Nov 24, 2014
305 posts
222 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Hsharpreet wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:34 am
Going straight with a 3 in 1 evolutive car is certainly more cost effective, but the benefits of starting with an infant car seat are worth it in my opinion.:
  • The safest car seat for a baby is an infant car seat. So the longest you can keep them there, the better. (It's not like we're involved in car accidents twice a week, but you never know when something could happen).
  • Depending on your car, you may not be able to recline a bulky 3 in 1 car seat enough to make your infant seat properly/comfortably. Since infants barely control their neck/head at all, even in the most tilted position, the head of the baby could be tilted forward at all time, putting unecessary strain on his neck (Again, it depends of your car / car seat)
  • As you pointed out, it is much quicker/convenient to clip/unclip the car seat, than strap/unstrap him everytime you need to get out of the car. Motor vibrations tend to put baby to sleep and parents usually wants eveything little break/nap they can get. It's much easier to keep him asleep when you're not disturbing him with straps and transfering him in a stroller.
  • To continue on the point above, the Infant seat will allow you to use a winter car seat cover, which is a life saver for his first winter (That's not the one I use BTW, just wanted to illustrate what it looks like). Instead of buying a winter suit (that he may even outgrow at some point during the winter) and dressing him up a in bulky suit when going out, you can simply put him in his normal clothes inside a winter cover, with a simple blanket and the baby will stay comfortable and warm. It's also more convenient when you get back home and simply take the baby out and put him to bed, instead of waking him by undressing him.
Those are just based on personal experience, but there are certainly other practical advantages to using an Infant Car seat. Hope it helps :)
Mar 7, 2008
357 posts
92 upvotes
Saskatchewan
We use the Keyfit30 system for our baby and is really easy to install.

$299 is a good deal. Mine is a different model and cost me $399 at the time
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
98 posts
36 upvotes
jiayejoe wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 10:22 am
Going straight with a 3 in 1 evolutive car is certainly more cost effective, but the benefits of starting with an infant car seat are worth it in my opinion.:
  • The safest car seat for a baby is an infant car seat. So the longest you can keep them there, the better. (It's not like we're involved in car accidents twice a week, but you never know when something could happen).
  • Depending on your car, you may not be able to recline a bulky 3 in 1 car seat enough to make your infant seat properly/comfortably. Since infants barely control their neck/head at all, even in the most tilted position, the head of the baby could be tilted forward at all time, putting unecessary strain on his neck (Again, it depends of your car / car seat)
  • As you pointed out, it is much quicker/convenient to clip/unclip the car seat, than strap/unstrap him everytime you need to get out of the car. Motor vibrations tend to put baby to sleep and parents usually wants eveything little break/nap they can get. It's much easier to keep him asleep when you're not disturbing him with straps and transfering him in a stroller.
  • To continue on the point above, the Infant seat will allow you to use a winter car seat cover, which is a life saver for his first winter (That's not the one I use BTW, just wanted to illustrate what it looks like). Instead of buying a winter suit (that he may even outgrow at some point during the winter) and dressing him up a in bulky suit when going out, you can simply put him in his normal clothes inside a winter cover, with a simple blanket and the baby will stay comfortable and warm. It's also more convenient when you get back home and simply take the baby out and put him to bed, instead of waking him by undressing him.
Those are just based on personal experience, but there are certainly other practical advantages to using an Infant Car seat. Hope it helps :)
That's really a great explanation and I agree with all the points above. Thanks! I ordered the same yesterday from bestbuy
and I believe, the same car seat can be used for next kid hopefully to make it cost effective Winking Face or can sell on kijiji
More kids more cost effective lol.
Nov 24, 2014
305 posts
222 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Hsharpreet wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 11:09 am
That's really a great explanation and I agree with all the points above. Thanks! I ordered the same yesterday from bestbuy
and I believe, the same car seat can be used for next kid hopefully to make it cost effective Winking Face or can sell on kijiji
More kids more cost effective lol.
With two babies roughly 13 months apart, we definitely got good worth out of the KeyFit! Only a few weeks left before our youngest one outgrows the 22 lbs limit on mine :(

Selling the whole travel system back on Kijiji should helps us cover a tiny part of the four Graco 4-ever all-in-one we purchased a few months ago when Babies'r'us had a sale/price error. These bulky seats are such a pain to install that we simply purchased 2 for each car Disappointed But Relieved Face