• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 9:57 pm
[OP]
Dec 5, 2006
229 posts
275 upvotes

[Best Buy] Christopher Robin Blu-Ray - $12.99 - SCOP opportunity

Hey everyone,

For those that still like to collect physical media, Best Buy has the new Christopher Robin Blu-Ray listed in their flyer for $23, but in store it scans in at $27, so you can use the SCOP to get it down to $13+tax.

I believe the new flyer starts tomorrow, so you'll have to do it before the stores close tonight to get in on it.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18587 posts
6625 upvotes
Toronto
How is this SCOP? You say in store scans $27 but flyer starting tomorrow is $23. That is not SCOP.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
carmaster wrote: How is this SCOP? You say in store scans $27 but flyer starting tomorrow is $23. That is not SCOP.
That's fraud... lol.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Nov 25, 2016
33 posts
18 upvotes
Aurora
He never said that... he said the new flyer starts tomorrow - so the offer will only work until then.

The offer for the Blu Ray is in this week's flyer - you can check it yourself in the flipp app.

Give the poor guy a break. He found a misspriced item between flyer and in-store and wanted to share it.
Be more kind my friend, try to be more kind.

- Frank Turner
Jan 18, 2013
13 posts
6 upvotes
This is on this week’s flyer and it expires today.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11595 posts
2994 upvotes
Regardless, the SCOP is for SHELF price, not flyer price. If anything they would have to do a PM. And it has to be that the SHELF PRICE is different than what rings up, however, if it IS priced, then all they have to do is honour the lower price, not SCOP.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2006
229 posts
275 upvotes
Hey guys...I guess I wasn't clear... It's advertised in this week's flyer for $23, and this week's flyer ends today.

For the SCOP, I was going by this: https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-p ... racy-code/

And in 1.1 it says that '...where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store...'

Anyways, they did the SCOP no problem for me... Hopefully others that want it can get it too.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5291 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Hey OP, don't sweat it man. You were trying to help, which is what we strive to do in the RFD community, but there are some jerks in here who will give you a hard time if you (possibly) made a mistake in trying to do a good thing
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11595 posts
2994 upvotes
iceman8 wrote: Hey guys...I guess I wasn't clear... It's advertised in this week's flyer for $23, and this week's flyer ends today.

For the SCOP, I was going by this: https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-p ... racy-code/

And in 1.1 it says that '...where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store...'

Anyways, they did the SCOP no problem for me... Hopefully others that want it can get it too.
Hey man, apologies, you are absolutely right... I thought it was only shelf pricing, didn't realize advertised pricing was included. Have had this happen many times where it's in the flyer but not in store...
Thanks

[OP]
Dec 5, 2006
229 posts
275 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Hey man, apologies, you are absolutely right... I thought it was only shelf pricing, didn't realize advertised pricing was included. Have had this happen many times where it's in the flyer but not in store...
Thanks
No problem... To be fair, the actual sticker that's by the registers says '... Shelf price, or any other displayed price...' so I guess you could get a hero that doesn't consider the flyer as a display price.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2760 posts
1975 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
jackass_ca wrote: Regardless, the SCOP is for SHELF price, not flyer price. .
Actually, it includes advertised prices so it would be covered under SCOP.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11595 posts
2994 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: Actually, it includes advertised prices so it would be covered under SCOP.
Read up, already confirmed my mistake.

Aug 10, 2013
441 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
articolours wrote: He never said that... he said the new flyer starts tomorrow - so the offer will only work until then.

The offer for the Blu Ray is in this week's flyer - you can check it yourself in the flipp app.

Give the poor guy a break. He found a misspriced item between flyer and in-store and wanted to share it.
I agree!
Thanks Op for sharing! It is too late for me ....the store is closed now.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2006
229 posts
275 upvotes
bonegraft wrote: I agree!
Thanks Op for sharing! It is too late for me ....the store is closed now.
Hopefully people on the west coast can still take advantage!