Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Chromecast Ultra - $80 (also Costco)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 2:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
98 posts
154 upvotes

[Best Buy] Chromecast Ultra - $80 (also Costco)

Chromecast Ultra is $10 off at Bestbuy and Costco. Regular Chromecast is $5 off at Bestbuy.

Edited with price in title :)
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 11th, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated title
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8740 posts
5673 upvotes
Kootenays
Your threads will get a lot more attention if you put the price in the title. You can do it by going to edit, then advanced. It also saves the rest of us time.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3962 posts
5494 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
theperfectpic20 wrote:
Edited with price in title :)
and also add the retailer in the title :D
granite_69 wrote: Is this what your other post with the data dump is for?
Oct 19, 2016
408 posts
157 upvotes
Chromecast ultra was $20 off (ie. $70) a few weeks ago at Walmart.
Aug 25, 2011
228 posts
232 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I like Fire TV more than Chromecast. I would rather have 3 Fire TV sticks than 3 Chromecasts in my home.
Dec 15, 2016
66 posts
27 upvotes
Thornhill, Ontario
so I'm wondering if you can cast with the fire sticks?
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 11th, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed formatting
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1441 posts
1614 upvotes
VANCOUVER
bullbell wrote: I like Fire TV more than Chromecast. I would rather have 3 Fire TV sticks than 3 Chromecasts in my home.
Agreed. Chromecast is good for presentations and casting stuff from your phone or Google home, but as a media player device it's a bit lacking. Not having a remote control and always depending on your phone to start the video is cumbersome and not a good user experience (especially for less techy people). Firetv is better way to go.

That being said, I don't like how cluttered the UI is on the firetv. I wish they would let you pair down the Amazon crap
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4766 posts
3266 upvotes
Usually stuff like Chromecast, home and echo will have deep discounts on black Friday.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
98 posts
154 upvotes
I often stream video from the web and cast it to my Chromecast. Can any other device do this? I think Chromecast reloads the video from the device as opposed to actually mirroring it which I assume would be very laggy.
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
goozy1 wrote: Agreed. Chromecast is good for presentations and casting stuff from your phone or Google home, but as a media player device it's a bit lacking. Not having a remote control and always depending on your phone to start the video is cumbersome and not a good user experience (especially for less techy people). Firetv is better way to go.

That being said, I don't like how cluttered the UI is on the firetv. I wish they would let you pair down the Amazon crap
I totally disagree, I'll take a chromecast over fire tv everytime. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Sep 17, 2008
777 posts
291 upvotes
BC
Should I get a mi box S for $95 tax in on eBay shipped within Canada or Chromecast unltra? Mibox also has the ability to do 4k casting and can be used as a media box.
Jun 15, 2019
331 posts
291 upvotes
I think if you order stadia, this comes with it but I could be wrong
Nov 13, 2014
502 posts
483 upvotes
Westmount, QC
goozy1 wrote: Agreed. Chromecast is good for presentations and casting stuff from your phone or Google home, but as a media player device it's a bit lacking. Not having a remote control and always depending on your phone to start the video is cumbersome and not a good user experience (especially for less techy people). Firetv is better way to go.

Chromecast is a not a media player... which is a bit puzzling when you look at the price of the 4K Ultra. I fully understand the price and appeal of Chromecast (I have 2, 1st gen and 2nd gen) but the 4K version is up there (and often more more expensive) than Roku Streaming Stick + and Fire Stick 4K, which doesn't make any sense...