Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Corel Videostudio Ultimate 59.99$ (40% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 3:16 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2020
61 posts
135 upvotes

[Best Buy] Corel Videostudio Ultimate 59.99$ (40% off)

I’m not sure if this is a good deal, certainly not as good as last Black Friday, but it has pretty good reviews from tom’s hardware.
Last edited by FoxtrotRomeo on Aug 24th, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Nov 17, 2019
999 posts
2744 upvotes
Hearing Corel brings me back to CRTs and trackball mice. Good to know they are still in business.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2530 posts
815 upvotes
Montreal
Apparently this has a bunch of uncorrected bugs from 2019 and a nightmare to install? Can someone confirm this?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
I hate the pop-up ads on Corel software.
Its annoying AF to get ads on stuff you paid for.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I hate the pop-up ads on Corel software.
Its annoying AF to get ads on stuff you paid for.
They're still stuck in the 90s, and they're lucky enough to still be in business.

Time to modernize, better software, better support, SaaS, pronouns, etc.

God bless'em.
Jul 2, 2005
442 posts
173 upvotes
Mississauga
once you install this, make sure to disable the offer notifications otherwise you will always got those annoying upgrade/offers popup in your desktop. I even deleted their upgrade help file. Search google for "corel popups" for more info.
Jun 7, 2009
280 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
If you are going to learn a NLE you might as well learn DaVinci Resolve: its free version is great and is pretty similar on both Mac & PC. The cross integration with audio, Fusion and colour correction is phenomenal. It's only $400 for a perpetual license that is used for the more advance functions and unlocked performance (ie. multiple video cards for rendering...). Licenses are given away free with most of their cameras (and some of their hardware).

[Buying on the Mac App Store allows further discounted price by using gift cards (that are usually 20% off). The great thing about doing it this way is that you can have multiple instances of it running: 1 on each of the Macs linked to your account. The bad news is that Apple sandboxes some of the performance if your video is not using Metal. It will also be slower to be updated when new versions and features come out - since it has to be submitted to Apple for approval before the App Store updates.]

Don't think there has been a Humble Bundle for Corel's NLE yet - there's been other Corel software bundles (draw, painter, Pinnacle Studio) so it wouldn't surprise me if one eventually came out. There's been other HB with other video stuff like Vegas. A decade ago Corel had one amazing feature for doing stop motion animation that no one else did, but why bother now? HitFilm Express and Avid have free versions and add-ons are cheap when you need a specific thing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7511 posts
8076 upvotes
Vancouver
I have version X9, from when it was briefly on sale 5 years ago for $15. It evolves a bit each year, but hasn't fundamentally changed much.

It's a very complete video editing package that's been around for a long time, beginning life as Ulead VideoStudio before Corel bought it. It does most things, but really it does them quite awkwardly. The few times I tried using it I gave up and went to HitFilm Express instead.
Jul 28, 2008
315 posts
184 upvotes
Hitfilm Express and Davinci are way better and FREE.