Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Corsair K68 RGB Backlit Mechanical Cherry MX Red Gaming Keyboard - English - Refurbished $69.99

[OP]
Oct 13, 2012
797 posts
1176 upvotes

[Best Buy] Corsair K68 RGB Backlit Mechanical Cherry MX Red Gaming Keyboard - English - Refurbished $69.99

50 replies
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3590 posts
1498 upvotes
Refurbished Corsair keyboards are usually in great condition. Good price.
May 23, 2008
665 posts
253 upvotes
Gtown ON
Right, I generally don't buy refurbished electronics, but I got this keyboard a few years ago for about $90 and it was in perfect shape, impossible to tell it's not new. And worked perfectly since.
ChopSuey wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 12:21 am
Refurbished Corsair keyboards are usually in great condition. Good price.
Mar 18, 2007
304 posts
83 upvotes
Reserved one, still waiting on pick up email.
Oct 21, 2017
64 posts
25 upvotes
L3h2w8
My 2 cents on these. My brother's and I got the RGB lux model. At first they seemed fine, but then after a year of use the key caps started to break. The problem with this is that Corsair uses proprietary key caps. So you can't go to a third party supplier to replace them with.
The key caps are poorly made and will all have to be replaced at some point. So far I have gotten Corsair to send free replacements key caps, but who knows how much longer that will continue. You're better off paying a bit more and buying a quality keyboard.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5230 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
Can you guys enlighten me a bit. I have been using mostly Logitech keyboards non mechanical for my entire life pretty much. My last one I owned was the G510. I bought this today and for some reason I don't feel comfortable using it. Does it take a while to get used to the mechanical aspect of the gaming keyboard ?
Im a light gamer nothing too crazy.

Mar 10, 2008
41 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
I owned it for over a year now. This is one heck of a keyboard. Great rgb light and it is a great keyboard to type and game on
May 13, 2015
436 posts
497 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I switched to a mechanical keyboard a while ago and I like it a lot better for typing. I like it for gaming too, but the difference isn't all that noticeable for gaming.

The one drawback is that most of these keyboards are really loud when you type. I got a cherry MX blue one and the clicking sound when you press each key really annoyed my wife. So I returned that one and got a Cherry MX Silent one which I'm using now. It's still a bit louder than a standard keyboard, but it's quiet enough that it doesn't really bother her. I actually liked that clicking sound myself... but I can understand how it could be annoying for anyone listening to you type.

I think the cherry mx blue is the loudest... and the cherry mx reds are supposed to be more quiet... but the cherry mx silent is supposed to be the quietest of the mechanical keyboards without putting the spacers in between every key to dampen the sound.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47130 posts
5092 upvotes
Toronto
HughG wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 5:43 pm
Can you guys enlighten me a bit. I have been using mostly Logitech keyboards non mechanical for my entire life pretty much. My last one I owned was the G510. I bought this today and for some reason I don't feel comfortable using it. Does it take a while to get used to the mechanical aspect of the gaming keyboard ?
Im a light gamer nothing too crazy.

What do you not like about it? Membrane keyboards are hard to type on, whereas mechanical keyboards are more accurate and more fun to type on. Mechanical keyboards are good for both typing and gaming, i don't game much but typing with one is way more convenient than a membrane keyboard.
Aug 17, 2019
74 posts
1 upvote
Not available for quebec...where else can I buy this?
Feb 5, 2014
126 posts
168 upvotes
Kitchener
The sale now ends on September 26, 2019