Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plate $66.87 with PM at Best Buy

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2019 9:06 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2569 posts
898 upvotes
Third Eye wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 3:46 pm
The Griddler waffle plates make 4 waffles and look exactly the same size as the ones in the image for this dedicated waffle maker.
I'm not familiar with the one in the OP and maybe they are the same size as the griddler plates, but I have the griddler and the waffles it makes are small compared to my upright waffle maker. My parents have a Waring Pro waffle maker similar to the rotating one in post #6 and they also are much bigger than griddler waffles.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Mar 28th, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6634 posts
1913 upvotes
Markham
Sypsy wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 3:01 pm
Excuse me, got a recipe?

On the middle of my list is to start a sourdough starter and make sourdough periodically, but sourdough waffles remind me of one place I liked in belgium and I think I need to do this.
Sourdough starter and sourdough waffles recipes are all of the internet....I'm still winging the waffle part.

Good forum on Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sourdough/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1499 posts
525 upvotes
London
Sypsy wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 3:05 pm
You completely disagree with buying from people who don't use waffle makers? Or you disagree that they don't use it?

Seems quite subjective
They disagree with the post they were commenting on and quoted, which was:
"Waffle makers are one of the appliances people buy and they use and then forget about...and it becomes someone else's Kondo find"

Follow the flow of the conversation.

Either is subjective, but the first post was suggesting that was widespread or universal.
Some never use it again, and myself I'm like Tunda,
"Yes they may remain inactive for periods of time", but then I go through a period when I use it frequently.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1499 posts
525 upvotes
London
SizzleChest wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 4:25 pm
My parents have a Waring Pro waffle maker similar to the rotating one in post #6 and they also are much bigger than griddler waffles.
I have a Cuisinart (same company as Waring) which rotates and makes waffles on both sides.
It is nice to speed up the process when multiple people are eating.
They have the same one which does does waffles on one side and omelette on the other.
To me, the dual waffle is more practical, but harder to find.

Cleaning isn't hard, but if it had removable plates, it would be almost perfect.
Apr 27, 2015
169 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cobra99 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 11:51 am
This might be a better optionDouble removable
With stack-able code "save10" you can get the price down to $60.75

Great deal IMO
Oct 13, 2007
427 posts
45 upvotes
btechballer wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 12:14 pm

Great deal IMO
Any thing to help with shipping? can't seem to justify the 10 bucks more for that
Dec 28, 2005
369 posts
35 upvotes
btechballer wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 12:14 pm

Great deal IMO
Thanks OP, cobra99, and btechballer. Picked up the thinkkitchen Double Waffle Maker. F&F sale, extra 10% and bought 2 for free shipping. LOL! I'll probably gift one. Love waffles and have been using a traditional flat maker. Hopefully, this brand lasts...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2654 posts
609 upvotes
Vancouver
arisk wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 9:52 am
I have a Cuisinart (same company as Waring) which rotates and makes waffles on both sides.
It is nice to speed up the process when multiple people are eating.
They have the same one which does does waffles on one side and omelette on the other.
To me, the dual waffle is more practical, but harder to find.

Cleaning isn't hard, but if it had removable plates, it would be almost perfect.
I pretty well could have written this post verbatim. We have the same double that don't remove, but as you noted it's not hard to clean (just would've been nice). For a family of 5 with frequent guests the double is very handy.

I've been using this recipe, which gives a nice consistency:

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/th ... fles-63071

(I don't bother separating/beating the egg whites; family hasn't noticed a difference when I stopped doing it so it saves a lot of time).

I have to try making these sourdough and liege waffles!
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1253 posts
172 upvotes
cobra99 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 11:51 am
This might be a better optionDouble removable
I never used thinkkitchen appliances before, are they rebrands made by some reputable manufacturer?
The unit looks good, but no reviews except on Stokes website that must be moderated, as the is no a singe critical review.
Any concerns re: non-stick coating?