Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

D-Link Wireless AC2600 Dual-Band Gigabit Router $70

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2019 8:20 pm
Oct 15, 2008
9 posts
36 upvotes

[Best Buy] D-Link Wireless AC2600 Dual-Band Gigabit Router $70

Just saw D-Link AC2600 wiless router at Bestbuy for $69.99. There are other retails selling this router for $180. I think it is a decent deal for AC2600 router.
[*]
[/list]
Images
  • dlink.png
44 replies
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
I know nothing about technlogy, computers etc...
All i know is, I made the mistake of using Primus for my internet (I assumed as they use Rogers infrastruture) it would be decent. It is not. They supplied some cheapo router.
I want to know:

1. How do i check to see if this router is compatible? Is there a spec that I should be looking for to see if it fits with my ISP?
2. Will this router help with the wireless dropping and increase the range?

TIA
Oct 7, 2011
110 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
mrpricematch wrote: I know nothing about technlogy, computers etc...
All i know is, I made the mistake of using Primus for my internet (I assumed as they use Rogers infrastruture) it would be decent. It is not. They supplied some cheapo router.
I want to know:

1. How do i check to see if this router is compatible? Is there a spec that I should be looking for to see if it fits with my ISP?

TIA
mrpricematch wrote: I know nothing about technlogy, computers etc...
I want to know:

TIA
Most ISP provided modem/routers are trash for wifi range. They can barely get past a couple walls before a large reduction in speed and signal.

1) Any router is compatible with most modems. Just plug a cable from the ISP modem/router to your new router's ethernet port and set up the WIFI settings (passwords, network name, etc).
2) Most likely, yes. Unless you are trying to get signal through 2 floors or have concrete walls. Even then, most aftermarket routers will outperform what you currently have.
Oct 5, 2014
610 posts
1366 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks OP, needed a router to get me by untill the Asus AC2900 RT86U is back on special again.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1184 posts
1537 upvotes
Finally, I can find something to buy from BestBuy that I need and use my X'mas gift card from last year.
Nov 20, 2013
986 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
OOS
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
I have 100pc to connect internet
Thanks op
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2014
1020 posts
1206 upvotes
Oh wow, it already sold out...

As for the chipset, I have this router, it really isn't bad. It might be a MediaTek but the range is good, it's a decent 2C4T MIPS SOC. It's just a Ralink based processor (MediaTek bought out Ralink years ago).
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
If you have the Telus Actiontec T3200M modem, would getting a router (doesn't have to be this one) be beneficial to improve Wifi speed and potentially coverage? I used to be getting higher Mbps download speed at a newer built apartment but after moving to an older place to live, my download and upload speeds have both been almost cut in half and I'm not getting the speeds I used to be getting.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1764 posts
834 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: If you have the Telus Actiontec T3200M modem, would getting a router (doesn't have to be this one) be beneficial to improve Wifi speed and potentially coverage? I used to be getting higher Mbps download speed at a newer built apartment but after moving to an older place to live, my download and upload speeds have both been almost cut in half and I'm not getting the speeds I used to be getting.
Too lazy to do all the research for you, but if the modem has gigabit Ethernet, plug into it and run a Speedtest to see if you can max out your speeds, if so, then a new router may help, otherwise I’d doubt it.

There’s a million different things at play though. If it’s DSL and you’re further from the central office, or the wiring in your house is old, then you’re probably going to see a hit to your speeds, usually the only way to fix the wiring issue is to have them come fix them. If you’re too far, then you’re SOL. (I switched to cable since dsl as trash on my area)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
I have trouble trusting Dlink wireless router, most of them start having issue shortly after it's out of warranty period
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
Brewmeanie wrote: I have trouble trusting Dlink wireless router, most of them start having issue shortly after it's out of warranty period
ya my sig router is wonky now, too lazy to call in to get support, i just use my hitron rogers white modem as the router
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
Had an AC1750 dlink, after a year, the wired part works fine, but the wireless broadcasting start getting frequent drop, or it just disappeared unless I restart the router which will only get it working for a week or 2
Switched to a netgear R6300 I found open box on clearance at staples for $40, and been stable for the past 5 years, I think I only ever restarted this thing when I turn it off during my long trips or vacations(I turn off most of my electronic at the surge protector to save on passive power use)
Signature removed due to rule violation
Dec 25, 2012
209 posts
142 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: True, but this seems to have solid ddwrt support and performance. Not a bad option for $70.
Unfortunately the current builds for this router do not have functioning DHCP if you are using the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wifi.

It seems most of the development is moving from DDWRT to OpenWRT now though, so I'd really be looking for a router that's well supported by them instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)