Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

[DEAL EXPIRED] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) DEAL EXPIRED

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 3:42 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau

[Best Buy] [DEAL EXPIRED] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) DEAL EXPIRED

Donkey Kong is back in stock, Limited quantities available. Last day at 49.99

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/do ... 05421.aspx?
Last edited by Heythumb88 on Jan 1st, 2019 3:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
45 replies
Member
Sep 18, 2009
456 posts
206 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Thanks OP. Think I got the last one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
Nyl wrote: Thanks OP. Think I got the last one.
You sure did, way to go US. Not sure why I got a downvote but anyways mods can delete the post now.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
Nyl wrote: Thanks OP. Think I got the last one.
Still says checking availability so could have possibly been some ghost stock. I hope not though
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
Not sure why the downvotes keep coming..literally says SOLD OUT TWICE in the title. Posted and an RFDer got one so if you couldnt get one, Im sorry, but I tried.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
3389 posts
5067 upvotes
It's the saltiness. Embrace the downvotes, you made someone happy but you've ruined the lives of many! Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
Caerus wrote: It's the saltiness. Embrace the downvotes, you made someone happy but you've ruined the lives of many! Face With Tears Of Joy
LOL, I guess I did
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1495 posts
571 upvotes
Heythumb88 wrote: LOL, I guess I did
I have no idea what this deal was for, but I upvoted it just to offset all your haters. LOL
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
amy2421 wrote: I have no idea what this deal was for, but I upvoted it just to offset all your haters. LOL
Haha, much appreciated. It was for Donkey Kong on the switch. Bestbuy had 2 left so figured I would post the deal up real quick
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Sr. Member
Feb 2, 2006
565 posts
439 upvotes
amy2421 wrote: I have no idea what this deal was for, but I upvoted it just to offset all your haters. LOL
I don't own a Nintendo product but upvoted too
Sr. Member
Feb 15, 2010
682 posts
652 upvotes
Surrey
FYI I know this is out of stock, but I was at the St Albert location and was able to get the download code price matched to the physical copy price for Octopath Traveler. The associate mentioned they had been doing this for donkey Kong. Obviously YMMV and only a deal if you're fine with digital but worth a shot.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
SirLookout4Deals wrote: FYI I know this is out of stock, but I was at the St Albert location and was able to get the download code price matched to the physical copy price for Octopath Traveler. The associate mentioned they had been doing this for donkey Kong. Obviously YMMV and only a deal if you're fine with digital but worth a shot.
Thats pretty sweet, would have loved to get the digital copy instead
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
item is back IN STOCK
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2013
4110 posts
4562 upvotes
Ottawa
Now it's the last day the deal is live. I hope this game sold well so they make a new Donkey Kong. This time bring back King K Rool and the kremlins though.
Member
User avatar
Dec 27, 2012
245 posts
364 upvotes
maybe the downvotes are because this is a 5 year old game still selling for $50? like with most nintendo games, the game is greatly overpriced and overvalued so there is no "hot deal" to be had here. i mean, why on earth is the regular price $80 to be begin with? this was always just a port of a wii u game after all so it has no business being listed at full price. i don't currently own a switch and this is one of the reasons why. just my two cents.
Last edited by xristophoros on Dec 31st, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
xristophoros wrote: maybe the downvotes are because this is a 5 year old game selling for $50? like with most nintendo games, the game is greatly overpriced and overvalued so there is no "hot deal" to be had here. i mean, why on earth is the regular price $80 to be begin with? this was always just a port of a wii u game after all so it has no business being listed at full price. i don't currently own a switch and this is one of the reasons why. just my two cents.
Nah, its because when I posted last night there were only 2 left so people were mad because they couldnt grab one! At least now people can :)
Also, yes it is a port but so what? It's a fantastic and challenging platformer. It's also Nintendo making the game, so obviously there is a price to pay for quality. The Wii U died a premature death and a lot of people didnt get to play many of the ports. I for one completed this game on the Wii U and still purchased it for the Switch. Its that good.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1384 posts
359 upvotes
Still a jip at $50.

Get it on Wii u for 19.99 new at microplay with 90% + of the content.
Member
User avatar
Dec 27, 2012
245 posts
364 upvotes
Heythumb88 wrote: Nah, its because when I posted last night there were only 2 left so people were mad because they couldnt grab one! At least now people can :)
Also, yes it is a port but so what? It's a fantastic and challenging platformer. It's also Nintendo making the game, so obviously there is a price to pay for quality. The Wii U died a premature death and a lot of people didnt get to play many of the ports. I for one completed this game on the Wii U and still purchased it for the Switch. Its that good.
sure, i don't deny how good the game is. but i do question its inflated value. when one purchases a switch, you are expected to shell out 25-50% more for most 1st party releases and that is infuriating. on the other hand, sony drops all of its 1st party games to the $30 mark within 12 months of release in most cases. nintendo's business model is a huge barrier to entry. mario kart 8 on switch is still selling at the full $80 mark? jesus christ...
Last edited by xristophoros on Dec 31st, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
4870 posts
4537 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Don't forget, the carts hold residual value. Once played you can sell for a decent chunk of change.
It's all relative.
Rinse and repeat.
I need ammunition, not a ride.

©Zelensky 2022
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1422 posts
1146 upvotes
Gatineau
broc wrote: Still a jip at $50.

Get it on Wii u for 19.99 new at microplay with 90% + of the content.
But what if you dont own a Wii U.....
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)