Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

[DEAL EXPIRED] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) DEAL EXPIRED

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 3:42 am
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2439 posts
735 upvotes
Friends, please don’t downvote deals that go out of stock. It’s not the OP’s fault that the retailer ran out. You’d be thanking him if you were one of the lucky few to get one, wouldn’t you?
Dec 23, 2006
579 posts
190 upvotes
+1 to offset the downvote
Not interested in the game myself but if it is something I want and its been sold out twice I would be grateful to anyone tipping me off its back in stock.
PM $10 50 min 50 txt - friend code MLZKRQ
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1562 posts
541 upvotes
Vaughan
is it a two player coop gamE?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1459 posts
1302 upvotes
Gatineau
otaknap wrote: is it a two player coop gamE?
Yes it is!
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Oct 29, 2016
155 posts
160 upvotes
Markham, ON
It’s back in stock, just ordered one. Thanks.
Dec 12, 2012
483 posts
812 upvotes
Canada
Gave my kids Switch for Christmas with few games, pulled the trigger on this as well.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4370 posts
6936 upvotes
xristophoros wrote: sure, i don't deny how good the game is. but i do question its inflated value. when one purchases a switch, you are expected to shell out 25-50% more for most 1st party releases and that is infuriating. on the other hand, sony drops all of its 1st party games to the $30 mark within 12 months of release in most cases. nintendo's business model is a huge barrier to entry. mario kart 8 on switch is still selling at the full $80 mark? jesus christ...
Yeah, there's the Nintendo first party markup and their infuriating reluctance to discount their games. But there's also the fact that the switch uses a proprietary cart that's more expensive to make, much more robust in build quality, and made to last compared to a relatively fragile mass market blu-ray disc. It doesn't matter if they manufacture millions of these things, they'll never get to be as cheap to make as a blu-ray, since it's only being used in 1 product, instead of basically everything a blu-ray can go into.

The cost to press a blu-ray is maybe a couple of bucks at most, since it's an industry wide mature process. To make a switch game, there's the casing, the cost of memory for the game which increases with size, the logic board, etc. All proprietary, all limited to 1 system. It's the same problem you always have with carts vs standardised discs.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13223 posts
12043 upvotes
Toronto
Can't believe they want $80 for a port of a $20 Wii U game. Is there at least bonus content on the Switch release?
Nov 29, 2013
236 posts
394 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered one online, overall reviews seem positive
Aug 25, 2018
155 posts
72 upvotes
Guys deals should be voted up or down based on the value perceived. It has nothing against the op.
The same goes for when something goes out of stock, it still was a good deal, it’s just your timing.

I myself have shelled out for two switch games and do feel it is costly. But the gaming experience is amazing

E.g. super Smash Bros, it is completely different experience on switch. This game in particular is not something I’m willing to pay 50, so it is not a deal for me. But I’m not downvoting because it actually is a deal if I was looking for this game.

All I’m saying is op should not feel obliged to defend a deal and others should not behave as if op is forcing something on them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6499 posts
2544 upvotes
Calgary
not sure it's even worth $50
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6499 posts
2544 upvotes
Calgary
niklav wrote: Guys deals should be voted up or down based on the value perceived. It has nothing against the op.
The same goes for when something goes out of stock, it still was a good deal, it’s just your timing.

I myself have shelled out for two switch games and do feel it is costly. But the gaming experience is amazing

E.g. super Smash Bros, it is completely different experience on switch. This game in particular is not something I’m willing to pay 50, so it is not a deal for me. But I’m not downvoting because it actually is a deal if I was looking for this game.

All I’m saying is op should not feel obliged to defend a deal and others should not behave as if op is forcing something on them.
simple don't be a butterfly, a downvote isnt the end of the world...
Apr 26, 2014
531 posts
539 upvotes
Ontario
I'm very interested in buying this, but the price is still steep imo. I guess another year of waiting for me. No harm in waiting.
Oct 27, 2018
128 posts
139 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Yeah, there's the Nintendo first party markup and their infuriating reluctance to discount their games. But there's also the fact that the switch uses a proprietary cart that's more expensive to make, much more robust in build quality, and made to last compared to a relatively fragile mass market blu-ray disc. It doesn't matter if they manufacture millions of these things, they'll never get to be as cheap to make as a blu-ray, since it's only being used in 1 product, instead of basically everything a blu-ray can go into.

The cost to press a blu-ray is maybe a couple of bucks at most, since it's an industry wide mature process. To make a switch game, there's the casing, the cost of memory for the game which increases with size, the logic board, etc. All proprietary, all limited to 1 system. It's the same problem you always have with carts vs standardised discs.
That doesn't explain digital sales, which are still always weak and don't compare to Xbox or PS4. Even when the same game is on sale on all the services at the same time, it's more expensive on eShop.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)