6 upvotes
Toronto
I like my $200 gaming chair better than Markus. It has lumbar and neck support
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20762 posts
3108 upvotes
YUL
CenturySam wrote: looking for a good chair too $300Thinking Face or the ikea Markus?
Get the Markus. unless you're spending a good amount on a proper gaming chair, like Secret Lab or Noblechairs, almost all the others are just junk that looks nice, but is uncomfortable and wont last. If I was buying new, Id get a Markus at that price point. I got my SecretLab Titan a few months ago on Kijiji for $250.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3508 posts
1283 upvotes
BC
virtuoso wrote: I like my $200 gaming chair better than Markus. It has lumbar and neck support
? ..you gonna tell us which chair you use?
Dec 8, 2009
305 posts
266 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote: I had a dx racer chair peels like no tomorrow. It wasn't that comfortable for long uses too... I rather have a fabric chair than bonded leather tbh.
I've had mine for 5 years and it doesn't peel at all. It is still in great shape. I bought the version that looks more like an office chair than a gaming chair and has a lumbar support cushion and headrest cushion. I think the series is discontinued though.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2333 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: Get the Markus. unless you're spending a good amount on a proper gaming chair, like Secret Lab or Noblechairs, almost all the others are just junk that looks nice, but is uncomfortable and wont last. If I was buying new, Id get a Markus at that price point. I got my SecretLab Titan a few months ago on Kijiji for $250.
any other good brands of chairs you can recommend? looking for one that isnt crappy PU leather. Leaning towards the secretlabs omega softweave. any other recommendations for something similar, or a nice mesh one?
Last edited by nuwan32 on Apr 24th, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 12, 2018
47 posts
81 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote: I had a dx racer chair peels like no tomorrow. It wasn't that comfortable for long uses too... I rather have a fabric chair than bonded leather tbh.
Speak for yourself. I have a DX for almost 3 years now and it’s by far the best quality and most comfortable chair I’ve own. Still looks brand new even after heavy everyday use
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2333 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
robertoerc wrote: Speak for yourself. I have a DX for almost 3 years now and it’s by far the best quality and most comfortable chair I’ve own. Still looks brand new even after heavy everyday use
couple more years and it'll start to peel. its inevitable with PU leather, it happens after a while no matter what. also currently have one thats doing this.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1230 posts
479 upvotes
Never understood the hate towards gaming chairs but I get to sit on all types of chairs at work and at home 24/7 and gaming chairs are a bargain provided that you're not paying anything near MSRP.

Tried fjallarven or w.e and markus and hyken, they felt cheap and uncomfortable in comparison to my old dxracer. Regretted selling my dxracer that NEVER peeled and stayed in perfect condition for 3+ years. Mine was the drift series, maybe lower end ones had issues?

Sold the markus and hyken when I snatched a few vertagear chairs for $115 a while back and they are comparable to the dxracer. Slightly cheaper wheels, armrests and hydraulics but also 1/3 of the price.

I sit on a herman milller at work, does not live up to its hype. I prefer the leather and cushion in my gaming chairs. We have steelcase chairs in a few meeting rooms and they feel better than the herman miller.

Buying used furniture is also a yikes for me. A used computer chair? Especially now that PH premium is free?
Last edited by notnow17 on Apr 24th, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 8, 2009
305 posts
266 upvotes
nuwan32 wrote: couple more years and it'll start to peel. its inevitable with PU leather, it happens after a while no matter what. also currently have one thats doing this.
Like I mentioned already I'm at 5 years+ and no peeling.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1259 posts
1375 upvotes
robertoerc wrote: Speak for yourself. I have a DX for almost 3 years now and it’s by far the best quality and most comfortable chair I’ve own. Still looks brand new even after heavy everyday use
Ok... lots of people buy bonded leather sofas every year and don't have a problem with it. I just gave my opinion on what i think of bonded leather chairs. If someone decides to go ahead with the purchase anyways i'm not going to stop them. But there are a lot of people that go into this thinking it's real leather when it's clearly not. I just want people to know what they are buying. Aite done speaking for myself.
Aug 23, 2019
83 posts
42 upvotes
Cant stand gaming chairs. Ordered Autonomous ergochair 2 with the desk. Waiting patiently.
Aug 20, 2009
282 posts
285 upvotes
nuwan32 wrote: couple more years and it'll start to peel. its inevitable with PU leather, it happens after a while no matter what. also currently have one thats doing this.
I also have a DXracer from 2015. Started peeling on the cushion this year.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1908 posts
525 upvotes
Scarborough
Probably going to get some flak for saying this but i personally think these 'racing' chairs are terrible.

A second, third, or even fourth hand herman miller or steelcase chair is significantly better and will probably outlast any of these chairs.

It's like comparing a brand new Chrysler PT Cruiser to a second hand Rolls Royce.