• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2019 12:52 pm
[OP]
Oct 5, 2015
8 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Best Buy] Dyson Official Outlet

They have refurbished products direct from Dyson through their Marketplace. Assortment looks limited right now, with only 8 products. A couple of them on sale Cyclone V10 MH Vacuum and Hot+Cool Link Air Purifier.
9 replies
Jun 5, 2018
99 posts
136 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
I'd stay away for now at least. seems that returns are not accepted...

At least someone like Mikes Computer Shop has a return policy as a marketplace seller even if its trash...
[OP]
Oct 5, 2015
8 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure waiting will help, as this is the same policy on their eBay store that has been there for a while.

They still come with warranty... So just make sure it's the model you want before you buy.

Has anyone bought from their eBay outlet before? Any issues with defectives or warranty?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2691 posts
2008 upvotes
Toronto
brwnthndr wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:48 pm
I'd stay away for now at least. seems that returns are not accepted...

At least someone like Mikes Computer Shop has a return policy as a marketplace seller even if its trash...
always been the case even from dyson refurb on ebay. i guess i lucked out because bought three from them on ebay and they came pretty much pristine with 2 year warranty when registered
[OP]
Oct 5, 2015
8 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dracolnyte wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:23 pm
always been the case even from dyson refurb on ebay. i guess i lucked out because bought three from them on ebay and they came pretty much pristine with 2 year warranty when registered
thank you. Good to know!
Jun 5, 2018
99 posts
136 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
malet99 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:03 pm
I'm not sure waiting will help, as this is the same policy on their eBay store that has been there for a while.

They still come with warranty... So just make sure it's the model you want before you buy.

Has anyone bought from their eBay outlet before? Any issues with defectives or warranty?
That's great if they come with that warranty through Dyson - I was unaware. I guess that's the only thing with the eBay store/ marketplace is the easy over the counter exchange or return is not possible. So as you said, make sure you want what you're buying

I've heard some people who have received essentially brand new products with plastic tags still on the product, but also heard horror stories where people have had units that are flat out gross show up.
Great to hear that people like dracolnyte got essentially new products.

I'm guessing the Dyson warranty includes any shipping fees you may encounter? I assume it would be the same as buying an FF unit
Sep 29, 2014
547 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
malet99 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:03 pm

Whenever the Dyson+eBay threads appear there are always people who tell their good experience with Dyson customer service replacing broken/defective things.

BTW eBay is cheaper ATM.

V10 MH R; BB = 382.49 eBay = 361.74

Pure Hot+Cool Link; BB = 356.99 eBay = 346.99

Dyson on ebay currently has the V10B (not the MH R version) for 399.99, arguably the better deal here.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1349 posts
5289 upvotes
Makes no sense to buy from Best Buy Marketplace when costs are lower on eBay and you have better buyer protection with PayPal/eBay being partners. Wait for an eBay coupon or eBay Bucks promo that happen fairly frequently and you'll have a much better deal.

I've personally bought from eBay Dyson Refurb for 3 units, all arrived in great shape - did have issues with 2 of them, one within the warranty and one outside the warranty period, both machines were replaced free of charge. Only hassle is they mail you a box, and they wait for your unit to come back before shipping your replacement so you'll be without the product for 3-4 weeks depending on how rural you are.
Jun 7, 2007
673 posts
224 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone bought the V10B from eBay? I'm looking at model comparisons from various sites, and seems like the V10B should be the "animal" model. Descriptions say it comes with these accessories in the box:
Crevice tool
Combination tool
Docking station
Charger

However, most sites say the animal version should come with these as well as accessories:
Quick release Mini motorized tool
Mini soft dusting brush

So does it mean this "V10B" model doesn't have these 2 accessories if I buy from eBay/Best Buy Marketplace?
[OP]
Oct 5, 2015
8 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Looks like the pricing between eBay and Best Buy is the same on those two sale items now... Hmmm are they watching us?