Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Dyson Pure Cool Link Desk Air Purifier with HEPA Filter $299 (SAVE $200)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 2:41 pm
[OP]
Jan 10, 2017
70 posts
382 upvotes
GTA

[Best Buy] Dyson Pure Cool Link Desk Air Purifier with HEPA Filter $299 (SAVE $200)

Hi all,

For anyone who is looking for a Dyson Air Purifier, the Desk Air Purifier with HEPA filter is on sale, this is their older model that doesn't have the screen on the front like the newer model does, but otherwise the feature set is fairly similar.
36 replies
Jul 19, 2011
75 posts
150 upvotes
CALGARY
I don't need this, therefore I will buy it.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1937 posts
527 upvotes
Ottawa
Why isn't there that eco discount in Ontario like other similar deals in the past?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4831 posts
3185 upvotes
Vancouver
andrewkyng wrote: Is the newer model also the same price at $299?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dy ... r=PDP_Reco

Seems like the newer model is priced lower at $399 to start compared to $499?

I'm looking for one and this seems like a decent deal... buy now and think later...
No. This is the newer model.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dy ... r/12381109

The one you posted is a 'personal' small version.

Ron.
Apr 29, 2013
324 posts
375 upvotes
Candiac
My wife has crazy allergy symptoms this time of year. Do these air filters really help ?
Apr 29, 2013
324 posts
375 upvotes
Candiac
mrobillard wrote: My wife has crazy allergy symptoms this time of year. Do these air filters really help ?
Took a chance and ordered one. Worst case I'll return it. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2805 posts
740 upvotes
Shame HD doesn't carry this or we may have gotten a chance to do a PM plus 10% off. All I can find is cash back at 1% from Rakuten

Everywhere is out of stock. We can only order online... pfff
Mar 26, 2009
269 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
mrobillard wrote: My wife has crazy allergy symptoms this time of year. Do these air filters really help ?
Bought a different air purifier (the GermGuardian) back in May since we're home 24/7 now. I'm asthmatic and have noticed significant changes in reducing my need for an inhaler. My allergies are terrible this time of year (hayfever) and the symptoms still come on, but ebbs and flows, rather than constant. Could be do the external environment though. We looked at the Dyson and compared against other reviews, and chose the GermGuardian because (a) it was a fraction of the cost - around $70/unit with Ontario rebate at the time, and (b) ranked higher in online tests/reviews than the Dyson. Dyson rates low due to the cost but at $299 I may have considered it. Some of the Dyson's (not sure if this one) also have an app that allows you to see the contaminants in the air. I would find this super beneficial, especially in tracking allergies.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1937 posts
527 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes. Buy as many as you can afford, and turn them on as high as you can tolerant.
Apr 29, 2013
324 posts
375 upvotes
Candiac
dma87 wrote: Bought a different air purifier (the GermGuardian) back in May since we're home 24/7 now. I'm asthmatic and have noticed significant changes in reducing my need for an inhaler. My allergies are terrible this time of year (hayfever) and the symptoms still come on, but ebbs and flows, rather than constant. Could be do the external environment though. We looked at the Dyson and compared against other reviews, and chose the GermGuardian because (a) it was a fraction of the cost - around $70/unit with Ontario rebate at the time, and (b) ranked higher in online tests/reviews than the Dyson. Dyson rates low due to the cost but at $299 I may have considered it. Some of the Dyson's (not sure if this one) also have an app that allows you to see the contaminants in the air. I would find this super beneficial, especially in tracking allergies.
Hum, I could buy two of these for the price of the discounted Dyson, cover more of the house and still save money. I wonder if the APP/Look of the Dyson is really worth it...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3047 posts
942 upvotes
Montreal
pricey fans comes with pricey filters... that's the down side of it!