Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Dyson Pure Cool Link Desk Air Purifier with HEPA Filter $299 (SAVE $200)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 2:41 pm
Mar 26, 2009
267 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
mrobillard wrote: Hum, I could buy two of these for the price of the discounted Dyson, cover more of the house and still save money. I wonder if the APP/Look of the Dyson is really worth it...
That's what we did...we ended up buying one for our living room and one for the bedroom (in a condo). The Dyson may cover more square footage, at least the unit we were looking at but this still came in cheaper. I also found the Dyson quite large for our condo and the Guardian units were a bit more discreet.
May 13, 2012
329 posts
214 upvotes
CALGARY
According to Dyson the air multiplier technology moves 15x as much air as is pulled into the body of the device ie it only filters 1/15 of the air flow. This might not be the best solution for filtering air.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1987 posts
1674 upvotes
LilSteve wrote: According to Dyson the air multiplier technology moves 15x as much air as is pulled into the body of the device ie it only filters 1/15 of the air flow. This might not be the best solution for filtering air.
Yes, it's basically a dyson fan and they just slap a hepa filter in the base air in take and call it a purifier. It is actually not.

Air purifiers typically have a cadr rating ( air exchange measurement). If you check the websites that rates air purifiers by this rating you will know they don't recommend dyson at all as an air purifier.

I really don't suggest those with allergies to buy this. Personally I am using rabbit air MinusA2 and have been happy with them.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7429 posts
3529 upvotes
mrobillard wrote: My wife has crazy allergy symptoms this time of year. Do these air filters really help ?
I bought one of these for my dad and my mom is so grateful. My dad has super crazy allergies also and she said that since getting this purifier, they sleep better and he doesn't get symptoms. I am actually thinking of buying one for myself but want to get the hot and cool version. Looking for a great deal on one when I can find it.
Aug 7, 2007
904 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver
dma87 wrote: That's what we did...we ended up buying one for our living room and one for the bedroom (in a condo). The Dyson may cover more square footage, at least the unit we were looking at but this still came in cheaper. I also found the Dyson quite large for our condo and the Guardian units were a bit more discreet.
I'm on the other side of the fence.

I sold 2 germ guardians

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ge ... lsrc=aw.ds

and I'm planning to switch to HP04.

Sure it's going to cost an arm and a leg. But with the aftermarket filters, it's not that bad for maintenance cost. similar to Germ Guardian filter costs actually.

The heating component is worthwhile for us as it circulates the heat way better than baseboard heaters (condo).

For air purifier capabilities, I would argue that as long as you run it a little longer, you will still be able to circulate and purify the air in the room. This is really not a race as to be the fastest purifier in the market, in my personal opinion anyways.

Anyways, different needs for different folks.
Nothing to sell for now :)

All junk... i mean stuff are sold ^^