None
[OP]
Feb 15, 2016
249 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

[Best Buy] Dyson Refurbished V8B $264.00 or V10 $334.900

Hi there,

I was waiting for some sort of sale for Dyson vacuums, found one on BestBuy today. Marketplace seller, but Dyson Canada. Picked up V10 for myself. Good luck!
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
15 replies
Nov 2, 2007
189 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Yes but their warranty program is top notch. I have a refurb V6 and I was upgraded to the regular 2 year warranty. Was sent a new battery a few months ago. I was just sent a whole new body because of an issue. So even though it would be nice if their stuff didn't breakdown and sit in a landfill, I am grateful that they will replace anything broken without a hassle
[OP]
Feb 15, 2016
249 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
jonnyk9 wrote: Yes but their warranty program is top notch. I have a refurb V6 and I was upgraded to the regular 2 year warranty. Was sent a new battery a few months ago. I was just sent a whole new body because of an issue. So even though it would be nice if their stuff didn't breakdown and sit in a landfill, I am grateful that they will replace anything broken without a hassle
Hi,

Do you know if I’m able to purchase extended warranty on refurbished items?
Jun 22, 2007
79 posts
77 upvotes
Markham
NevAnEver wrote: I'd strongly advise people to avoid Dyson outlets. I got a supersonic hair dryer a couple weeks ago. The product page didn't mention anything but the condition turned out to be pretty pretty bad. And no exchange or return.
Plenty of people have purchased from the outlets through vendors online and have been fine with their purchases. I've purchased 4 products from their outlet in December during the sales. All functional and cosmetically fine. I would *strongly advise* you return your product under the warranty. Not that difficult.
I don't downvote. I either talk shit or upvote. :twisted:

KooDo GanG 😎
Oct 21, 2018
73 posts
87 upvotes
Cheetah wrote: Plenty of people have purchased from the outlets through vendors online and have been fine with their purchases. I've purchased 4 products from their outlet in December during the sales. All functional and cosmetically fine. I would *strongly advise* you return your product under the warranty. Not that difficult.
Thanks! I tried to contact both Dyson and Bestbuy. They said they cannot return the product if it's functioning well. Should I just tell them the unit I received is simply not working?
Oct 18, 2006
374 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
I've purchased from Dyson outlet twice and had great experience. Obviously, they're refurbished, so don't buy and expect them to be brand new. In the product description they even said the following:
Our refurbished machines have been thoroughly tested to meet like-new performance standards. Units may have some cosmetic blemishes that include scratches and/or other surface imperfections, that do not affect functionality. Refurbished machines are final sale unless defective.
So, if anyone purchases them with significant discount over their brand new counterparts and expect them to be in the same condition, you're really not being reasonable.
Apr 1, 2013
557 posts
514 upvotes
Fredericton
NevAnEver wrote: I'd strongly advise people to avoid Dyson outlets. I got a supersonic hair dryer a couple weeks ago. The product page didn't mention anything but the condition turned out to be pretty pretty bad. And no exchange or return.
You're complaining a refurbished product doesn't look brand new? :facepalm:
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Nikhilvoid wrote: And you get 14% cashback from Rakuten today. I wish the v8h was on sale again for v8b prices.
I don't think Rakuten offers 14% cashback on eBay.
Jan 16, 2004
767 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
BTW, the bestbuy one in OP is from a marketplace seller and not bestbuy
Banned
Feb 13, 2020
7 posts
5 upvotes
Dyson Refurbished V8B is alright, don't feel the need to buy something much more expensive and there's not much of a difference between the two models
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3683 posts
4503 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
VeryTRT wrote: I don't think Rakuten offers 14% cashback on eBay.
My bad. I thought it was for the Dyson outlet on ebay, not the Dyson store.
[OP]
Feb 15, 2016
249 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
protege2k wrote: BTW, the bestbuy one in OP is from a marketplace seller and not bestbuy
Yes, marketplace seller which is Dyson Canada.