Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Refurb. $299.99 [Sold and shipped by Dyson Official Outlet] + Free Attachment

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 7:59 am
[OP]
Jan 12, 2018
50 posts
122 upvotes

[Best Buy] Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Refurb. $299.99 [Sold and shipped by Dyson Official Outlet] + Free Attachment

@299.99 ($100 off) on Best Buy + up to 1% Rakuten cashback [Sold and shipped by Dyson Official Outlet]
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection ... 08_shopnow

@329.99 ($70 off) on ebay.ca + up to 1% Rakuten cashback [Sold and shipped by Dyson Official Outlet]
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/164916046345?ha ... Sw0-NgykMm

One year warranty + free Attachment.
https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/support/q ... q1L0VLFDBw

The dryer I received is like new with all accessories included. (YMMV) I requested the free attachment online and Dyson placed the order of the free attachment for me within half a day.

Usually Dyson's warranty on Refurb. items are good. Last time my V10b Refurb arrived with the bin seems to be dirty and they send me a new bin right away.
Screenshot 2021-08-07 194019.jpg
Last edited by jmljel on Aug 11th, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
25 replies
Aug 14, 2005
358 posts
2 upvotes
this is a very good deal!

i would buy it if it was better colours!
Jan 14, 2014
96 posts
50 upvotes
Are Dyson refurbs really "refurbs"? or are they more like new items.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13357 posts
24888 upvotes
mobility1 wrote: Are Dyson refurbs really "refurbs"? or are they more like new items.
Am thinking there has to be returns cuz of buyers remorse … I mean $400 for a hairdryer lol
Oct 21, 2018
130 posts
274 upvotes
mobility1 wrote: Are Dyson refurbs really "refurbs"? or are they more like new items.
My experience is they are definitely not "refurbished". It's just a used product with zero effort in refurbish or re packaging. This is what I got from Bestbuy Dyson outlet.

Edit: Also no return for refurbished Dyson.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13357 posts
24888 upvotes
NevAnEver wrote: My experience is they are definitely not "refurbished". It's just a used product with zero effort in refurbish or re packaging. This is what I got from Bestbuy Dyson outlet.

Whoa That’s s obviously very used
Mar 14, 2017
211 posts
122 upvotes
I can't speak for the hair dryer, but I bought a Dyson refurb fan last year. It looked quite good (I don't see any scratches, dirt, etc.); I've been using it constantly for the past year and so far it works as expected.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3432 posts
4324 upvotes
So for those new to buy dyson refurbs.

It's YMMV and truly hit and miss.

First they are not apple refurbished where they try to make sure it appears like new condition.

Dyson refurbs consists of
1. People returning within their 30 day limit
2. People sending in their vacuum to be repaired, they take old one and ship a brand new unit and then resell as refurb.

Obviously if you get a unit from people returning within their 30 days would probably appear in better condition.

I have bought many many refurbs now. I have received very mixed units. Some with scuffs and paint chips as well.

So in general it is hit and miss. Buy a refurb and expect a refurb. Don't assume based on other people's experience of receiving pristine products that you will also get the same because dyson doesn't refurbish a unit to be like new condition. You can read from their website no where did they mention refurbished looks new, only functions as if new. If you check dyson refurb eBay site, they also claim:
Our refurbished machines have been thoroughly tested to meet like-new performance standards. Units may have some cosmetic blemishes that include scratches and/or other surface imperfections, that do not affect functionality. Refurbished machines are final sale unless defective. Ships in non-retail box. Colour may vary. Possible colours: Fuchsia / Purple / Iron / Red / White / Blue / Yellow. Seller does not ship to P.O. Boxes.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12170 posts
4543 upvotes
Toronto
I used my PC Optimum points to redeem at their redemption event and got a new one.
Wife was happy. Mission accomplished.

I would go for that route than buying a refurnished aka used....
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Oct 25, 2013
110 posts
98 upvotes
Buyers BEWARE. No refunds as it is shipped and sold by dyson as marketplace seller. EXCHANGE ONLY NO REFUNDS
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2979 posts
3957 upvotes
Calgary
MP3_SKY wrote: I used my PC Optimum points to redeem at their redemption event and got a new one.
Wife was happy. Mission accomplished.

I would go for that route than buying a refurnished aka used....
I did too. Christmas shopping for the wife is done for this year.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
21262 posts
8922 upvotes
Toronto
Blew 2 plugs in my condo with this sucker ... Or I guess I should say blower.

It's a sick hair dryer but it pulls a lot of amps lol
We never use the high setting now and plug it into a power bar first
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1134 posts
504 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the refurbished hairdryer at Best Buy 2 years ago and still going strong today

save almost $250 compare to new

it looked like new for my unit but it is ymmv tbh
Dec 15, 2017
600 posts
676 upvotes
NevAnEver wrote: My experience is they are definitely not "refurbished". It's just a used product with zero effort in refurbish or re packaging. This is what I got from Bestbuy Dyson outlet.

thanks, in for 2.
Jun 29, 2008
404 posts
129 upvotes
Working well after 2 years as well and it looked brand new but in a plain box.

Anyone else buy this for the wife and tried it? Helluva dryer! Lol

Only downfall is the thick cord.
Mar 4, 2015
47 posts
140 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I bought a refurb hair dryer from Dyson official eBay store. I’ll never do that again. It looks like it went through a war. Hair dryer works great but looks so beat up upon arrival. Super disappointing. Set your expectations low and you’ll be happy I suppose.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13357 posts
24888 upvotes
So you guys buy beat up $300 hair dryers ?

I’ll give credit to that very rich Dyson guy
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6959 upvotes
The NORTH
stephroll wrote: So you guys buy beat up $300 hair dryers ?

I posted a review video of the product that said it was actually good but the video got deleted because the reviewer used some foul language. You can search youtube for AvE dyson for the review.
Mar 3, 2020
171 posts
255 upvotes
stephroll wrote: So you guys buy beat up $300 hair dryers ?

Very negative way of looking at that. People have already posted their experience with buying refurbs (myself included) being hit or miss, but still a good value when it is good. My Dyson refurbs are 3/3 so far with the Supersonic, V8 Absolute, and TP04.

Anyone with medium length or longer hair that uses a hairdryer would benefit from this; the air it can push through it can dry your air with minimal heat (which conventional hair driers rely on) which will reduce damage to your hair. I haven't smelled my hair burning for the couple years I've had this thing and it allows me to easily style medium and long wavy-straight hair for volume due to the sheer speed of the air before locking it in with a cream/pomade/hairspray. Tag on the fact that the speed at which this thing dries my hair has saved hours upon hours of messing around in front of the mirror over those few years? It has paid for itself easily.

Is it a luxury item? Sure. Are there alternatives from other brands that salons use for a slightly reduced cost? Also sure. But you will also know if it's worth it to you or not.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2018
50 posts
122 upvotes
Received mine today. It looks like new. YMMV.

IMG_20210811_095350.jpg