Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] E3 30% off Select Pre-Orders (Starts June 10th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 4:05 pm
Jun 27, 2012
850 posts
1623 upvotes
No Cyberpunk standard edition?
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Dec 24, 2017
904 posts
790 upvotes
Now a days, almost all of these games will have so many DLCs and season pass right after launch that the base game becomes almost worthless 2-3 months after release. Some exclusives such as spider-man or god of war are exceptions, but for examples Ubisoft games will have season pass, yearly passes, DLC and micro transactions that it’s better to wait for a deal on the gold edition soon after release.
Oct 7, 2017
711 posts
1169 upvotes
zylonite wrote: Now a days, almost all of these games will have so many DLCs and season pass right after launch that the base game becomes almost worthless 2-3 months after release. Some exclusives such as spider-man or god of war are exceptions, but for examples Ubisoft games will have season pass, yearly passes, DLC and micro transactions that it’s better to wait for a deal on the gold edition soon after release.
Maybe you're out of the loop but most games now have their "season pass" and post-release DLC for free. Funny enough Spider-Man does not. They had 3 episode DLC pack that cost money. Whereas Ubisoft has Division 2 which has free DLC post-launch. Call of Duty also is getting rid of their season pass this year. Cyberpuck will likely have post-release launch. These companies are realizing it's better to keep your customers invested in the game and just charge for cosmetics, which is fine to me honestly. I'd rather be able to play COD for $80 instead of $140 and get all the map packs for free, and just avoid loot boxes and skin purchases.
Dec 24, 2017
904 posts
790 upvotes
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: Maybe you're out of the loop but most games now have their "season pass" and post-release DLC for free. Funny enough Spider-Man does not. They had 3 episode DLC pack that cost money. Whereas Ubisoft has Division 2 which has free DLC post-launch. Call of Duty also is getting rid of their season pass this year. Cyberpuck will likely have post-release launch. These companies are realizing it's better to keep your customers invested in the game and just charge for cosmetics, which is fine to me honestly. I'd rather be able to play COD for $80 instead of $140 and get all the map packs for free, and just avoid loot boxes and skin purchases.
Maybe for multiplayer games it’s true, but for example AC odyssey ultimate edition was $160 at launch and recently it was on sale for $60. Also wildlands sold a full price season pass and then they released year 2 pass and maybe year 3 pass (not sure about year 3). The base wildland game is on epic store for $6 USD as of right now...
Oct 7, 2017
711 posts
1169 upvotes
zylonite wrote: Maybe for multiplayer games it’s true, but for example AC odyssey ultimate edition was $160 at launch and recently it was on sale for $60. Also wildlands sold a full price season pass and then they released year 2 pass and maybe year 3 pass (not sure about year 3). The base wildland game is on epic store for $6 USD as of right now...
Fair enough. I still wouldn't say it's most game, but a few games do still do paid year passes yes.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3285 posts
1117 upvotes
Montreal
Waiting impatiently ... hope it’s a real 30% off for most games.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4208 posts
4019 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Tranceplant wrote: Still gonna wait to see what Amazon offers.
When was the last time Amazon offered something that wasn't because of Walmart/Best Buy?
Nov 12, 2012
617 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
is there a way to pre-order a digital copy of the game instead of physical?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3703 posts
3773 upvotes
Ottawa
Cyberpunk 2077 stole E3.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Oct 23, 2012
365 posts
157 upvotes
Brampton
Best Buy 30% promotion is active. Seems similar to wal-mart at the moment
Sep 12, 2004
364 posts
146 upvotes
Got Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal for $55 each. Thanks OP!

Now everyone, GO GO GO!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1136 posts
3014 upvotes
New Brunswick
Shows the "select games" on the E3 page there...

Gears 5
NHL 20
FIFA 20
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Final Fantasy VII
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein Youngblood
The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
Code Vein
CyberPunk 2077

There are two placeholders for unannounced games.
Oct 23, 2012
365 posts
157 upvotes
Brampton
I hope watchdogs is one of the placeholders. That should be announced tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009
404 posts
47 upvotes
most are $1 more than walmart except Jedi which is $4 cheaper at Best Buy

Best buy also has Fifa included, but not Madden....very weird

Can't believe nothing for Switch or are they waiting for Nintendo's direct first?
Nov 28, 2013
446 posts
249 upvotes
Some are going live. I saw that Final Fantasy VII Remake is 55.99 with the discount.
Aug 31, 2015
437 posts
95 upvotes
Concord, ON
onslaught192 wrote: Can't believe nothing for Switch or are they waiting for Nintendo's direct first?
I was confused by that too...I hope they release some titles for Nintendo Switch on sale too. I ended up grabbing COD: MW for now though. No sense in waiting...
Jun 27, 2009
404 posts
47 upvotes
LeafsFan30 wrote: I was confused by that too...I hope they release some titles for Nintendo Switch on sale too. I ended up grabbing COD: MW for now though. No sense in waiting...
i doubled up on my walmart orders in case I have an issue with walmart like i did last year.....at least i know BB will make the order right