Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] E3 30% off Select Pre-Orders (Starts June 10th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 4:05 pm
Jr. Member
May 8, 2016
194 posts
327 upvotes
shadowslaya wrote: So, I was being super nice to the lady, she sounded nice so I gave zero attitude on this and was willing to accept whatever outcome.

I told her the codes I got weren't working, which was true, even for Avengers it didn't work. So all she asked was for the original order number and the new one. So I did so and quickly made an order for Borderlands 3. I rolled the dice and planned on saying "whoops wrong order number" if she caught on it wasnt Avengers. So ya, you can say I'm a pos for taking advantage, but I did so anyway. She said the original discount plus the certificate discount is applied to the order and that I'd see it on my statement once it ships, like the discounts will reflect on there. So then I made a couple more orders and read off the old order numbers and got it done pretty smoothly. Obviously YMMV. I'd just play dumb and see what happens. Give them the order number and see what they say. They say hey it's not avengers just say whoops and exit the convo somehow, they don't, then idk, you cheated the system as I have.

She said each order got $49 off. $25 from the certificate and said $24 was the original discount, I'm guessing the original 30% amount.
I talked to a BestBuy Rep today. She offered me only the $25 e-certificate off and was not willing to give me that extra $24 off as per the E3 discount. How did you manage to get that?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1329 posts
169 upvotes
jawadjaved87 wrote: I talked to a BestBuy Rep today. She offered me only the $25 e-certificate off and was not willing to give me that extra $24 off as per the E3 discount. How did you manage to get that?
The rep brought it up herself, I called going in for only $25. I'm not sure what to say to try to get them to do it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 25, 2018
729 posts
430 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
shadowslaya wrote: The rep brought it up herself, I called going in for only $25. I'm not sure what to say to try to get them to do it.
Just super lucky I suppose :p!
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2012
541 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Just a note to anyone who pre-ordered games from Walmart during the E3 sale.

I pre-ordered Madden 20 Superstar Edition during the E3 sale and I received it today, on its release date. So this is another example of Walmart delivering a game to me on time.

No need to worry about getting your pre-orders on the release date. Walmart has always been very punctual.
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2014
111 posts
271 upvotes
Central AB
Again, as talked about previously, seems to depend on your location (East vs West)

I personally don't mind a few days of delay, I'm just posting for the info. I'm in AB, and my Fire Emblem Three Houses from Amazon (non-prime) arrived last Saturday, 1 day after release date.

Today, 4 days later release date I got in store pick up notification from Walmart.
MeasureTheory wrote: Just a note to anyone who pre-ordered games from Walmart during the E3 sale.

I pre-ordered Madden 20 Superstar Edition during the E3 sale and I received it today, on its release date. So this is another example of Walmart delivering a game to me on time.

No need to worry about getting your pre-orders on the release date. Walmart has always been very punctual.
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2012
541 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Just a question for those who pre-ordered Modern Warfare from Walmart. When are we supposed to get the early access codes for the beta?
Sr. Member
Sep 22, 2009
847 posts
108 upvotes
.fess wrote: If you are pre-ordering Cyberpunk 2077 for PC, do so from GOG.com. Support the developer!

"When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group."
https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_bcyberpunk_2077b

P.S. I'm not affiliated with CDPR. Just like their Witcher games and think they are a cool developer.

gog.com.png
I personally want to, but my brain is not happy with the $79.99 price sticker.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 24, 2009
1557 posts
971 upvotes
AB
rcheung13 wrote: I personally want to, but my brain is not happy with the $79.99 price sticker.
It's all relative, I guess. Imagine how many people bought Anthem at release for $79.99? Now that's unfortunate.

Top