Hot Deals

Best Buy, EB Games, Amazon ($49.99) NBA 2k20-(PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 11:30 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 9, 2011
831 posts
1331 upvotes

Best Buy, EB Games, Amazon ($49.99) NBA 2k20-(PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Price:
$49.99
NBA 2K20 is finally on sale on all platforms for $49.99. Seems like a decent deal since the game only came out not too long ago.

Links below are for the multiple retailers that have it on sale:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nb ... lsrc=aw.ds

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/769875/nba-2k20

NBA 2K20 - PlayStation 4 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TRP5JT1/ref ... RDb2JX7TJN
24 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1493 posts
1407 upvotes
They put unibrow on the cover, instead of the champ that would own him all day every day. It's not as if one-brow is any more exciting than nice guy. The NBA/media/business just hates the Raps, how do you ignore your own champs like this? No wonder they threw all their employees with a conscience under the tank for China.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3160 posts
2801 upvotes
Ottawa
thelasthunter wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 1:24 am
They put unibrow on the cover, instead of the champ that would own him all day every day. It's not as if one-brow is any more exciting than nice guy. The NBA/media/business just hates the Raps, how do you ignore your own champs like this? No wonder they threw all their employees with a conscience under the tank for China.
The game came out in September. You've had months to bitch about the cover athlete. Move on, chump.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4078 posts
1550 upvotes
WelfareBoy wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 1:57 am
It's basically 2k19 but some players have new teams
That's basically every sports game compared to last year's.

People buy the new version each year so they can play online.
Nov 8, 2013
353 posts
208 upvotes
FYI, it's also on sale on Steam for ~$54. Trying it out for the 2 hour refund limit. So far I would say that it is better optimized in performance then 2K19, but gameplay wise it feels pretty different. The players feel heavy, which might not be everyone's flavour but you can really feel a difference in speed between players. One annoying thing I noticed when defending was that your player tends to completely turn their body around when you start moving them around the court while playing defense instead of moving laterally. Shooting feels much better, I've gotten more green releases.

I don't play online though, that I have heard is a complete mess and garbage. So if you play online, not sure what to say, I'd wait until Black Friday if you really want the game for online.
Mar 15, 2010
780 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
Sports games should start at $29.99 on release date. We’re almost there so long as majority doesnt buy at stupid inflated prices for games that are 95% the same as the last. At least other franchises like COD will release games with new maps, new campaign (except BO4), and new modes, despite the yearly releases
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2738 posts
557 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 10:22 am
Sports games should start at $29.99 on release date. We’re almost there so long as majority doesnt buy at stupid inflated prices for games that are 95% the same as the last. At least other franchises like COD will release games with new maps, new campaign (except BO4), and new modes, despite the yearly releases
meh... i would prefer... call it NBA 2K... and charge $24.99 every year for a roster and jersey DLC. and maybe a MyPlayer DLC as well if you want to play it that way.

But PEOPLE keep buying the damn game every year... and as long as people keep buying it, they're gonna keep milking it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6524 posts
2455 upvotes
Canada
The fact it drops in price so quickly tells me people aren't buying it.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1489 posts
909 upvotes
GNKRFD wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 8:31 am
FYI, it's also on sale on Steam for ~$54. Trying it out for the 2 hour refund limit. So far I would say that it is better optimized in performance then 2K19, but gameplay wise it feels pretty different. The players feel heavy, which might not be everyone's flavour but you can really feel a difference in speed between players. One annoying thing I noticed when defending was that your player tends to completely turn their body around when you start moving them around the court while playing defense instead of moving laterally. Shooting feels much better, I've gotten more green releases.

I don't play online though, that I have heard is a complete mess and garbage. So if you play online, not sure what to say, I'd wait until Black Friday if you really want the game for online.
Might have to bite the bullet on this. I only play Career mode or what they call My Player. This year they don't allow it to be played offline with the "other" version of the game. If you can't build your player up properly without buying VCs then forget it, hate their greedy money grab.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1489 posts
909 upvotes
Actually, think I'm going to pass on this year's version.