Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy][EB Games] Dragon Quest XI (PS4) $19.99 - reserve and pickup ok at bb - ends 02/27/20 at bb *dead*

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2020 10:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2712 posts
4134 upvotes
London, Ontario

[Best Buy][EB Games] Dragon Quest XI (PS4) $19.99 - reserve and pickup ok at bb - ends 02/27/20 at bb *dead*

I have not yet played this, but I am going to be playing it very soon. I've heard great things about this game and this is an awesome price! Way better than Sony's digital price (didn't realize that was a different version. Extras don't sound like they're worth $20 though). I missed out on this on Black Friday and have been waiting a long time for this price to come back. Enjoy!

Best Buy shipping is $5.99+tax but you can get free shipping on $35 or over, but everything in that amount has to be from Best Buy and not Marketplace sellers.

Best Buy

EB Games In-Store only
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Feb 28th, 2020 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1763 posts
909 upvotes
Calgary
Great deal for a fantastic JRPG! Well, I say that with 50 hours played and going through Act 2. Difficulty is pretty easy if you don't use the "Draconian Options" that are available by pressing Triangle (I think) when starting a new file, but still very enjoyable.
Nov 15, 2013
756 posts
407 upvotes
Ottawa
Wish this was the switch version.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4833 posts
2656 upvotes
M-Arkham
dun the switch version have all the dlc and extra custom/contents
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3356 posts
3145 upvotes
Ottawa
Brewmeanie wrote: dun the switch version have all the dlc and extra custom/contents
And the Switch version is not $20 so I dunno why you're advertising a non-deal versus a deal.

If those extras are worth the $60 difference, all power to you. Playstation owners are getting A LOT of game for $20 and that should not be overlooked because the Switch version is the "definitive edition".
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4833 posts
2656 upvotes
M-Arkham
Batarang wrote: And the Switch version is not $20 so I dunno why you're advertising a non-deal versus a deal.

If those extras are worth the $60 difference, all power to you. Playstation owners are getting A LOT of game for $20 and that should not be overlooked because the Switch version is the "definitive edition".
not advertising a non-deal vs a deal,

i was replying to @SynGamer on his comment about switch version

edit: btw, I brought the PS4 version and got at least 40hrs on it, didn't finish it yet, cuz I dropped it when pokemon sword/shield came long, this post is a reminder to me that I should finish this game :)
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Feb 23rd, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Dec 2, 2009
229 posts
215 upvotes
Been a long time since I've found a game that I could sink some time into.
At $19.95 worth a shot.

Thanks Op!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2265 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon is not at $20.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8192 posts
2669 upvotes
The Nintendo Switch version has two soundtracks. One with fully orchestrated music which is not on the PS4 release and other features.
The PS4 Pro has better graphics.
Batarang wrote: And the Switch version is not $20 so I dunno why you're advertising a non-deal versus a deal.

I picked it up at launch on both platforms but the Switch version is better overall and can be played portably.
The Switch version allows switching between 3D visuals and retro 2D world sprite-style visuals on the fly.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14229 posts
4372 upvotes
Montreal
Fun game, but I really wish someone would put the original Dragon Warrior NA games out on a collection.

Sure, I can play the ISO, but it would be nice to own on console so I don't have to switch.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2712 posts
4134 upvotes
London, Ontario
raichu1 wrote: Amazon is not at $20.
It was when I posted this. It must have sold out. Sorry.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2925 posts
2539 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I'm guessing the Edition of Light isn't worth the $20 extra?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2712 posts
4134 upvotes
London, Ontario
chemicalxv wrote: I'm guessing the Edition of Light isn't worth the $20 extra?
This is what the Edition of Light comes with:

Supplicant: A clairvoyant's card imbued with the power to restore MP.
Healer: A clairvoyant's card imbued with the power to restore HP.
Seed of Skill x3.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)