Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Ender 3-v2 in store 329.99 Dufferin/Wilson store

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2022 11:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1549 posts
1588 upvotes

[Best Buy] Ender 3-v2 in store 329.99 Dufferin/Wilson store

I know that the RedFlagDeals forum has had many sales that can be had on the ender.

I only post this one because it is in store and ready to pick up right now for Christmas and fully returnable in store.

Boxes state that they have a number out of 375 so I’m guessing this is more than just one store since there’s no way one store would have 375.

It is currently $70 off of Best Buy’s price of 399.99.

I have this printer has too many people and it is rocksolid, but also I have the cheaper Aquila as well which I also like.

One bonus is that my Aquila had a seriously warped glass plate and I have obviously overcome this with mesh but I would’ve love to be able to return it and just grab another one to avoid that hassle, so this may be a least headache scenario for anybody looking to enter into this market.

Hope this helps someone!
Images
  • 631F7FD9-F89D-48E0-BB96-2FF4DCFB881D.jpeg
  • CF4C24CF-C366-430F-A4F7-EDCC78D2FB93.jpeg
  • image.jpg
22 replies
Member
User avatar
Mar 21, 2005
221 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
I would like to get into 3d Printing. Is this a good unit to get started with or should I spend the extra money for something better?

I can afford to pay more if it means long term value and better features/quality but I certainly don't need the best of the best and would like to pay as little as needed for a good product. Also there is a good chance I will use it very little so no need for speed or extensive durability. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2065 posts
459 upvotes
Alberta
lagonis wrote: I would like to get into 3d Printing. Is this a good unit to get started with or should I spend the extra money for something better?

I can afford to pay more if it means long term value and better features/quality but I certainly don't need the best of the best and would like to pay as little as needed for a good product. Also there is a good chance I will use it very little so no need for speed or extensive durability. Thanks.
Very well regarded as a first 3D printer.
After the novel phase, it just lives in my basement until I need to print something. So more a tool than a hobby for me.
Sr. Member
Feb 2, 2006
565 posts
439 upvotes
lagonis wrote: I would like to get into 3d Printing. Is this a good unit to get started with or should I spend the extra money for something better?

I can afford to pay more if it means long term value and better features/quality but I certainly don't need the best of the best and would like to pay as little as needed for a good product. Also there is a good chance I will use it very little so no need for speed or extensive durability. Thanks.
If you can afford it, you might want to consider pre-ordering the Ender 3 S1: https://www.creality3dofficial.com/prod ... 3d-printer

It should ship around mid January.

It's quite a bit more but comes with a bunch of upgrades like direct drive, dual z axis, CR Touch (similar to the BL touch but some say it's a little more precise), spring steel sheet, filament runout sensor and silent stepper drivers (present on v2).
Newbie
Feb 20, 2004
33 posts
47 upvotes
lagonis wrote: I would like to get into 3d Printing. Is this a good unit to get started with or should I spend the extra money for something better?

I can afford to pay more if it means long term value and better features/quality but I certainly don't need the best of the best and would like to pay as little as needed for a good product. Also there is a good chance I will use it very little so no need for speed or extensive durability. Thanks.
The Creality Ender 3 series are considered a good beginner 3d printer. They're very popular and you'll find it very easy to find support/help from the community. There's also a tons of mods you can print yourself to improve/upgrade your Ender 3.

With that said, if you're not in a hurry, or if you just want to dabble with 3d printing, I would either wait for a sale on Amazon (it frequently goes on sale under $300) or get a Voxelab Aquila (https://www.voxelab3dp.com/product/aqui ... 3d-printer) (currently out of stock). It's an exact clone of the Ender 3 v2. All the designs for mods/upgrades to the Ender 3 v2 can be used on the Aquila. I got mine for $151 USD shipped this November.
Last edited by Poopninja on Dec 23rd, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Jan 13, 2019
103 posts
44 upvotes
Chingyul wrote: Very well regarded as a first 3D printer.
After the novel phase, it just lives in my basement until I need to print something. So more a tool than a hobby for me.
Same here. Mine can go for months without using it however when I need stuff printed it's annoying to only have 1 considering prints take a long time. Considering buying a 2nd one at this point.
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2018
142 posts
319 upvotes
lagonis wrote: I would like to get into 3d Printing. Is this a good unit to get started with or should I spend the extra money for something better?

I can afford to pay more if it means long term value and better features/quality but I certainly don't need the best of the best and would like to pay as little as needed for a good product. Also there is a good chance I will use it very little so no need for speed or extensive durability. Thanks.
Depending on the size you need, a Prusa Mini+ Kit will work better out of the box and would be about ~$500. A Prusa i3 mk3s+ will be about ~$1100 and is widely considered the best FDM printer in that price range. You can get the Ender 3 v2 up to their level with tinkering and upgrades. Really depends on the time you want to invest and the money you want to spend
Member
Jan 23, 2011
416 posts
300 upvotes
If you just want to print, do yourself a favour and buy a Prusa. If this is going to be a hobby and you have the time and enjoy fiddling an Ender is right up your alley.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3815 posts
1230 upvotes
This is my first 3D printer, i got mine off Amazon for $400 taxes included earlier this year.

It's great that it comes with the yellow springs, replace the stock springs as soon as you take it out the box. I'm not sure if the PTFE tube is real Capricorn, if it is then even better.

You'll struggle allot with bed leveling and bed adhesion but keep at it as you'll eventually figure out the quarks. I had to give the glass bed a good cleaning with soap and water and IPA to finally get good adhesion.

I'm still new at it but this is a great starting printer, you'll eventually replace the extruder to a metal one coz the stock one will break.

If your lucky and get good at bed leveling then your set otherwise if your like me you'll be getting a BL touch.

Just keep at it, it will get easier. I'm at a point where i can start a print remotely (octoprint) and links it will be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6295 posts
616 upvotes
Calgary
F22dwn wrote: Depending on the size you need, a Prusa Mini+ Kit will work better out of the box and would be about ~$500. A Prusa i3 mk3s+ will be about ~$1100 and is widely considered the best FDM printer in that price range. You can get the Ender 3 v2 up to their level with tinkering and upgrades. Really depends on the time you want to invest and the money you want to spend
highly recommend prusa mini too...i just got a clone version for $300 on kijiji with the filament sensor, smooth/textured plates and it's amazing at this price range! even have octoprint/lapse going and recommend that too

don't like enders 3s unless you love tinkering with the actual hardware a lot
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2018
142 posts
319 upvotes
markj wrote: highly recommend prusa mini too...i just got a clone version for $300 on kijiji with the filament sensor, smooth/textured plates and it's amazing at this price range! even have octoprint/lapse going and recommend that too

don't like enders 3s unless you love tinkering with the actual hardware a lot
Damn didn't realize they had clones of the Mini! Will have to keep an eye out for it
Newbie
Nov 25, 2011
17 posts
9 upvotes
Leask
Turge, I know this is old, but where would one order an Ender 3 S1, your link tells me they donMt ship to Canada...if you have an idea :)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2007
500 posts
428 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I bought one of these for my 11yo son last summer - I knew absolutely nothing about 3D printers or printing at the time. It's been a fun (and at time frustrating) learning curve, but it's been a cool hobby for us to get into together.

From my perspective, one of the biggest issues with most (all?) of the 3D printers is that this is a hobby, not a consumer product. It comes in a kit form with some assembly required, and quite a bit of adjustment and tuning. The manufacturer's instructions (paper and video) suck, although I hear Creality's are better than most. There are lots of resources for upgrades and problem-solving, but as a heavily-customized gadget I've found few people have EXACTLY the same setup as us and this can cause twists and turns. We end up watching a LOT of YT videos and make a "best of" plan from them. So far we've printed with PLA only.

The E3S1 linked seems pretty awesome and appears to address some of the shortcomings of a factory E3V2. However, it is significantly more expensive than the E3V2 and really in a different category. You can add the CR Touch and some basic upgrades (springs, metal extruder, Capricorn tube, etc) to the E3V2 for under CAD$100.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 21, 2006
3042 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
Matabis wrote: Turge, I know this is old, but where would one order an Ender 3 S1, your link tells me they donMt ship to Canada...if you have an idea :)
Wondering the same thing. Looks like they dont ship the S1 to Canada.
Newbie
Dec 17, 2017
36 posts
38 upvotes
If you guys want a quick and easy way to level the bed without messing around with a bltouch, just grab the cheapest dial indicator you can find (like the trusty Power Fister for $20 or whatever it is at Princess Auto) and print a mount for it. That way you can set your spacing with a paper, slide the indicator and mount on the extruder, and adjust all four corners as needed. The indicator makes it really easy to get everything adjusted perfectly, and it's quick enough that I never bothered with an auto-leveler.

Also, immediately swap out the leveling springs for some stiffer ones off Amazon; the stock springs suck.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4956 posts
4528 upvotes
GTA
orange260z wrote: I bought one of these for my 11yo son last summer - I knew absolutely nothing about 3D printers or printing at the time. It's been a fun (and at time frustrating) learning curve, but it's been a cool hobby for us to get into together.

From my perspective, one of the biggest issues with most (all?) of the 3D printers is that this is a hobby, not a consumer product. It comes in a kit form with some assembly required, and quite a bit of adjustment and tuning. The manufacturer's instructions (paper and video) suck, although I hear Creality's are better than most. There are lots of resources for upgrades and problem-solving, but as a heavily-customized gadget I've found few people have EXACTLY the same setup as us and this can cause twists and turns. We end up watching a LOT of YT videos and make a "best of" plan from them. So far we've printed with PLA only.

The E3S1 linked seems pretty awesome and appears to address some of the shortcomings of a factory E3V2. However, it is significantly more expensive than the E3V2 and really in a different category. You can add the CR Touch and some basic upgrades (springs, metal extruder, Capricorn tube, etc) to the E3V2 for under CAD$100.
I would not want my kid breathing in toxic ultrafine plastic particles floating around the whole house. Recent health studies on 3d printers are terrifying, without proper exhaust /ventilation, they basically tell you to stay far away from printer in action. PLA filament is safer than ABS, but why risk it. Maybe you have proper system in place, if not, be aware about health risk and keep young guy's lungs healthy.

"The studies found that the filament extruder released amounts of small particles and vapors similar to those found in other studies of 3D printers, and the simulation model predicted higher deposition of particle mass per surface area in the lungs for children ages nine and younger. "
Last edited by Tommy74 on Jan 19th, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4383 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I printed a lot with this. The only thing is you need to adjust the bed manually quite often otherwise it won't stick.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Newbie
Dec 17, 2017
36 posts
38 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: I would not want my kid breathing in toxic ultrafine plastic particles floating around the whole house. Recent health studies on 3d printers are terrifying, without proper exhaust /ventilation, they basically tell you to stay far away from printer in action. PLA filament is safer than ABS, but why risk it. Maybe you have proper system in place, if not, be aware about health risk and keep young guy's lungs healthy.

"The studies found that the filament extruder released amounts of small particles and vapors similar to those found in other studies of 3D printers, and the simulation model predicted higher deposition of particle mass per surface area in the lungs for children ages nine and younger. "
If you're that paranoid, just build an enclosure out of a Lack side table from Ikea and keep the printer in a spare room with an open window or air purifier running, problem solved. You're breathing more garbage if you go outside in any major city; the 3d printer is not some death sentence.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)