[Best Buy] ESET NOD32 Antivirus "Gamer Edition" $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 1:42 am
[OP]
Aug 16, 2003
598 posts
55 upvotes

[Best Buy] ESET NOD32 Antivirus "Gamer Edition" $9.99

The one negative review is somebody complaining that it's just the regular ESET NOD32 Antivirus with different packaging, but I think that might be a good thing as the regular Eset is a solid AV, especially for 10 bucks.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1027 posts
833 upvotes
Moncton
It's a subscription.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Jun 18, 2016
543 posts
1557 upvotes
How is this gamer edition if no RGB?
Feb 5, 2010
114 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone know if ESET is a decent antivirus and does it have ransomware remediation? Also mostly how intrusive is it? I have Bitdefender and it has a ton of great features but it's very intrusive and will block items even though I have the folder whitelisted.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14356 posts
4054 upvotes
Scarberia
Thx.. Bought one 11.49$..im sick of finding keys online.. They always get blacklisted
Never had virus in 5 yrs using this... Best Av imo
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 11th, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 26, 2010
880 posts
155 upvotes
spike32 wrote: Anyone know if ESET is a decent antivirus and does it have ransomware remediation? Also mostly how intrusive is it? I have Bitdefender and it has a ton of great features but it's very intrusive and will block items even though I have the folder whitelisted.
Been using it for a year and happy with it. It’s low profile and lightweight. Not intrusive at all.
Nov 28, 2016
209 posts
249 upvotes
spike32 wrote: Anyone know if ESET is a decent antivirus and does it have ransomware remediation? Also mostly how intrusive is it? I have Bitdefender and it has a ton of great features but it's very intrusive and will block items even though I have the folder whitelisted.
I have been using ESET for more than 10 years. Not sure about Ransomware, since I haven't encountered one for quite a while. The only two unwanted software block for me are mining software and "modified" games. You can whitelist them pretty easily. As for webpages, ESET seems to block a lot of things, while some are pretty safe, the others are very sketchy. So, unless you absolute know what you are visiting, I would say the webpage block work for many people.
Apr 20, 2017
247 posts
328 upvotes
Montreal
Really a proper and light on resources AV. The “full protection” version comes with all sorts of features like blocking access to webcam and mic to not approved apps and whatnot. But the basic one is also good.
most things haven't worked out
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10353 posts
6821 upvotes
Seems pricey for $10/device/year. And it doesn't seem to have features for backup and file scrubbing...
Feb 5, 2010
114 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
catpurrcat wrote: Been using it for a year and happy with it. It’s low profile and lightweight. Not intrusive at all.
Thanks! I'll give it a try
Feb 5, 2010
114 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Money4Red wrote: I have been using ESET for more than 10 years. Not sure about Ransomware, since I haven't encountered one for quite a while. The only two unwanted software block for me are mining software and "modified" games. You can whitelist them pretty easily. As for webpages, ESET seems to block a lot of things, while some are pretty safe, the others are very sketchy. So, unless you absolute know what you are visiting, I would say the webpage block work for many people.
Thanks for your input! Appreciated
Nov 4, 2009
260 posts
196 upvotes
Calgary
I've been an ESET customer on an off since 2007ish. It's always been lightweight and efficient. The main reason I switched away from it was that bitdefender had a way better sale on a 3 year subscription. In addition I agree with the whitelisting folder issue, it's super annoying every time I install a game it blocks the my document folder for it. Another reason I picked bitdefender this time around was reviews put it's defense of ransomware above nod32 everywhere I looked.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3251 posts
1604 upvotes
Mississauga
Been using Windows Defender + Malwarebytes combo for years and never had a problem. To each their own.
I love RFD! :)
Jan 19, 2008
480 posts
298 upvotes
Windows Defender is all you need. This is a complete waste of money.