Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

ESET NOD32 Antivirus "Gamer Edition" $9.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 1:42 am
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2003
609 posts
69 upvotes

[Best Buy] ESET NOD32 Antivirus "Gamer Edition" $9.99

The one negative review is somebody complaining that it's just the regular ESET NOD32 Antivirus with different packaging, but I think that might be a good thing as the regular Eset is a solid AV, especially for 10 bucks.
16 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
1933 posts
2049 upvotes
Moncton
It's a subscription.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1233 posts
4262 upvotes
How is this gamer edition if no RGB?
Jr. Member
Feb 5, 2010
159 posts
53 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone know if ESET is a decent antivirus and does it have ransomware remediation? Also mostly how intrusive is it? I have Bitdefender and it has a ton of great features but it's very intrusive and will block items even though I have the folder whitelisted.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
22944 posts
6862 upvotes
Scarberia
Thx.. Bought one 11.49$..im sick of finding keys online.. They always get blacklisted
Never had virus in 5 yrs using this... Best Av imo
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 11th, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1094 posts
322 upvotes
spike32 wrote: Anyone know if ESET is a decent antivirus and does it have ransomware remediation? Also mostly how intrusive is it? I have Bitdefender and it has a ton of great features but it's very intrusive and will block items even though I have the folder whitelisted.
Been using it for a year and happy with it. It’s low profile and lightweight. Not intrusive at all.
Member
Nov 28, 2016
250 posts
360 upvotes
spike32 wrote: Anyone know if ESET is a decent antivirus and does it have ransomware remediation? Also mostly how intrusive is it? I have Bitdefender and it has a ton of great features but it's very intrusive and will block items even though I have the folder whitelisted.
I have been using ESET for more than 10 years. Not sure about Ransomware, since I haven't encountered one for quite a while. The only two unwanted software block for me are mining software and "modified" games. You can whitelist them pretty easily. As for webpages, ESET seems to block a lot of things, while some are pretty safe, the others are very sketchy. So, unless you absolute know what you are visiting, I would say the webpage block work for many people.
Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2017
273 posts
380 upvotes
Montreal
Really a proper and light on resources AV. The “full protection” version comes with all sorts of features like blocking access to webcam and mic to not approved apps and whatnot. But the basic one is also good.
most things haven't worked out
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Seems pricey for $10/device/year. And it doesn't seem to have features for backup and file scrubbing...
Jr. Member
Feb 5, 2010
159 posts
53 upvotes
Hamilton
catpurrcat wrote: Been using it for a year and happy with it. It’s low profile and lightweight. Not intrusive at all.
Thanks! I'll give it a try
Jr. Member
Feb 5, 2010
159 posts
53 upvotes
Hamilton
Money4Red wrote: I have been using ESET for more than 10 years. Not sure about Ransomware, since I haven't encountered one for quite a while. The only two unwanted software block for me are mining software and "modified" games. You can whitelist them pretty easily. As for webpages, ESET seems to block a lot of things, while some are pretty safe, the others are very sketchy. So, unless you absolute know what you are visiting, I would say the webpage block work for many people.
Thanks for your input! Appreciated
Member
Nov 4, 2009
346 posts
373 upvotes
Calgary
spike32 wrote: Anyone know if ESET is a decent antivirus and does it have ransomware remediation? Also mostly how intrusive is it? I have Bitdefender and it has a ton of great features but it's very intrusive and will block items even though I have the folder whitelisted.
I've been an ESET customer on an off since 2007ish. It's always been lightweight and efficient. The main reason I switched away from it was that bitdefender had a way better sale on a 3 year subscription. In addition I agree with the whitelisting folder issue, it's super annoying every time I install a game it blocks the my document folder for it. Another reason I picked bitdefender this time around was reviews put it's defense of ransomware above nod32 everywhere I looked.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2012
3523 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Been using Windows Defender + Malwarebytes combo for years and never had a problem. To each their own.
I love RFD! :)
Member
Jan 19, 2008
498 posts
332 upvotes
Windows Defender is all you need. This is a complete waste of money.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)