Eufy Cam "2 Pro" (365 day Battery life) - 2X Camera+Homebase $349.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2022 8:21 pm
[OP]
Apr 29, 2016
106 posts
38 upvotes

[Best Buy] Eufy Cam "2 Pro" (365 day Battery life) - 2X Camera+Homebase $349.99

The higher end model "2 Pro" of the EufyCam Wireless Security System with two cameras and homebase is on Sale for $349.99 at Best Buy.

The "2C Pro" with 180 battery life was on sale yesterday for $265.99 Your text to link here...

2k (low voltage wired) Video Doorbell is also on sale for $150: Your text to link here....
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best home security cameras!
21 replies
Dec 16, 2009
486 posts
421 upvotes
We get 30 to 45 days with our 2Cs. Not complaining really, we have pets leashed out front, and the back camera can't help but see a road (so lots of CARS), as well as a flag. I think 180 days is for just a few events / day, so you might get much less if you have them in busy areas.

We ended up hard-wiring the 3rd one...
[OP]
Apr 29, 2016
106 posts
38 upvotes
elkabong wrote: We get 30 to 45 days with our 2Cs. Not complaining really, we have pets leashed out front, and the back camera can't help but see a road (so lots of CARS), as well as a flag. I think 180 days is for just a few events / day, so you might get much less if you have them in busy areas.
Eufy told me battery life is rated for 10 events per day and the 2 pro cameras realistically will detect 20-25 feet in good weather.
Feb 7, 2021
62 posts
48 upvotes
Vaughan
I just need one additional 2K camera (in the meantime).
If anyone is looking for just one camera and a homebase, I can buy the extra camera.
Jul 23, 2015
122 posts
126 upvotes
SirPsycho wrote: I just need one additional 2K camera (in the meantime).
If anyone is looking for just one camera and a homebase, I can buy the extra camera.
Check Kijiji. I saw a posting a few days ago from someone selling the eufy 2K camera only (bnib, no hb) for $100. He was in Mississauga. Too far for me to check out.
Feb 7, 2021
62 posts
48 upvotes
Vaughan
StaynorManor wrote: Check Kijiji. I saw a posting a few days ago from someone selling the eufy 2K camera only (bnib, no hb) for $100. He was in Mississauga. Too far for me to check out.
Thanks!
Cannot find this listing now, probably already sold.
Jan 13, 2018
216 posts
450 upvotes
Description says HomeKit compatible. Can someone confirm that that is indeed so in practice?
Jan 21, 2007
670 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
flyingcarpet91 wrote: Curious why you post this same comment in every Eufy related post... I guess you also buy the products each time and later return it.
I think the rfd community deserves to know what’s right for them and have the necessary info to make an informed decision. Isn’t that the spirit of the the forum? To help each other out?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3338 posts
1534 upvotes
Mississauga
I appreciate the post regarding the security issue.. I am in 2 minds as well. I got the cameras at a really good price $315 at home depot due to a price match.. so idk yet what to do.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7979 upvotes
leahdizon wrote: I think the rfd community deserves to know what’s right for them and have the necessary info to make an informed decision. Isn’t that the spirit of the the forum? To help each other out?
Unless cameras are installed inside, I have no concerns about anyone who wants to look at the video stored into it... If they want to see videos of me opening the door with the grocery and drop the dozen of eggs on the porch, videos of my daughter havig problems parking the car straight... Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1589 posts
1821 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: Unless cameras are installed inside, I have no concerns about anyone who wants to look at the video stored into it... If they want to see videos of me opening the door with the grocery and drop the dozen of eggs on the porch, videos of my daughter havig problems parking the car straight... Face With Tears Of Joy
isn't the issue is that people can steal your porch packages, press 1 button on the outside camera and have the footage deleted everywhere including the cameras, on cloud and on your cell phone? Seems like a massive flaw!
Dec 2, 2021
20 posts
34 upvotes
Been security camera shopping, and it seems incredibly difficult to track down a camera that:
  • Isn't riddled with privacy concerns
  • Is affordable
  • Works well
It feels like you essentially have to choose one. Even for $350 this Eufy set seems to suffer from lackluster battery life and security problems.
At this point I'm inclined to just find some cheap cams off AliExpress and setup something with ZoneMinder.
Dec 14, 2001
612 posts
339 upvotes
leahdizon wrote: I think the rfd community deserves to know what’s right for them and have the necessary info to make an informed decision. Isn’t that the spirit of the the forum? To help each other out?
leahdizon - the rdf community does thx you for your post! I have also posted about the security flaws and did so because I wish someone had warned me before I spent $500+ on Eufy products. For me and others, a thief having the ability to delete the video from the externally accessible cameras and then being able to add the cameras to another account (sell the cameras) without the original owner removing the cameras from their account / app is unforgivable in a security product. Eufy cameras will cause security issues for you as thieves learn they can steal the cameras for resale and delete all the evidence of the theft with a push of a button. If your ok with this, buy away (better yet - PM me and I will give ya a deal on 2 X 2C cameras, 1 X eufyCam2, wireless doorbell + Homebase 2)!!
Dec 14, 2016
166 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
I do think you posting the flaw is valid and helps others make an informed decision. That being said if you’re posting that you will be returning the device in each and every new eufy post it kind of causes others to panic more than just pointing out the flaws imo especially since you are not purchasing each and every eufy product posted. Also there is a anti theft “alarm” that goes off when active which could deter some but if at the end of the day the thief wants a camera he will take the camera.

That being said I do have these cameras installed 2 months ago and the cameras are at 70-80% under the optimal surveillance setting. I believe I’ll need to charge these maybe 2-3 times a year given they’re in medium traffic areas.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7979 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: isn't the issue is that people can steal your porch packages, press 1 button on the outside camera and have the footage deleted everywhere including the cameras, on cloud and on your cell phone? Seems like a massive flaw!
If that's the issue, just to install the camera out of reach. Or inside, facing out from a window. Not that difficult....
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4896 posts
1899 upvotes
Vancouver
DoorCrasher wrote: If that's the issue, just to install the camera out of reach. Or inside, facing out from a window. Not that difficult....
Exactly - have the cams out of reach,

I bought a 2C system before this flaw became known. All of mine are well out of reach. Any attempts to reach the button would have me (if I was not home) calling my neighbours which include retiree's, constables, and firefighters, and a couple of work from homers. Unless it is a UPS delivery guy - the Eufy Human detecting AI never triggers for the guy in the brown uniform.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7979 upvotes
NewsyL wrote: Exactly - have the cams out of reach,

I bought a 2C system before this flaw became known. All of mine are well out of reach. Any attempts to reach the button would have me (if I was not home) calling my neighbours which include retiree's, constables, and firefighters, and a couple of work from homers. Unless it is a UPS delivery guy - the Eufy Human detecting AI never triggers for the guy in the brown uniform.

UPS uniforms is like a ghillie suit, but for delivery men... Brown mAn in a brown suit wearing brown socks coming out of a brown truck carrying a brown cardboard box!