Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Best Buy Flash sale- Air conditioners and fans

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2015 6:54 am
Tags:
15 replies
Sep 5, 2011
633 posts
146 upvotes
NL
For you AC pros out there, I bought the 12,000 BTU window style Danby a couple weeks ago on sale and plan on setting it up in the master. I plan on setting up a fan to blow air out into the living room when it gets really hot during the day. Think any ol fan will do?
Mar 17, 2008
663 posts
164 upvotes
is there a cheap, easy and not too ghetto looking way to install a portable AC into a normal "casement" window? (ie: to use something like that @ $249 Haier 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner)

I struggle to maintain my master br at the right temperature during the night, even with a Nest :( And there doesn't seem to be an easy multi sensor solution available :(

If I could at least have the Nest run the AC for let's say 20 mins per hour no matter what temp it is at the Nest location...
Feb 13, 2012
93 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
heredago wrote: is there a cheap, easy and not too ghetto looking way to install a portable AC into a normal "casement" window?
As casement windows are too big for the window kits you have the choice of the following options.

1. (Super ghetto), tape cling wrap over everything the window kit doesn't cover to block air from coming in.
2. (ghetto) Large sheet of cardboard, make a cutout into the shape of your casement window and open a hole for venting, tape ontop of bug screen.
3. (camoflauged ghetto) Do the same as above, paint/add bristol board which matches the room/window colour.
4. (Nice ghetto) Get a thin clear acryllic board, cut to size and cut an opening for the outdoor vent.
5. (Not ghetto) Custom make the above piece to use magnetic/hook mounts or even into a new frame for a unobtructed easy to remove vent area.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
Are there any good ones where you don't have to install the hose?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7276 posts
1326 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Mr_A wrote: Can anybody recommend a good fan from this sale ?
Same thing I am wondering about too, I need something decent that is quiet
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
Diamondcite wrote: As casement windows are too big for the window kits you have the choice of the following options.

1. (Super ghetto), tape cling wrap over everything the window kit doesn't cover to block air from coming in.
2. (ghetto) Large sheet of cardboard, make a cutout into the shape of your casement window and open a hole for venting, tape ontop of bug screen.
3. (camoflauged ghetto) Do the same as above, paint/add bristol board which matches the room/window colour.
4. (Nice ghetto) Get a thin clear acryllic board, cut to size and cut an opening for the outdoor vent.
5. (Not ghetto) Custom make the above piece to use magnetic/hook mounts or even into a new frame for a unobtructed easy to remove vent area.
lol i had to stop reading here hahahahahaha funniest thing for the week.
Dec 5, 2011
531 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Are there any good ones where you don't have to install the hose?
Nope, unfortunately there are no ACs that can violate the laws of thermodynamics yet, maybe in 2016 though...
Jun 18, 2009
41 posts
21 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
wanderingspirit wrote: There are some savings on air conditioners and fans if you need one.
Thank you but with this global freezing we don't need them anymore lol
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1310 posts
663 upvotes
EDMONTON
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Are there any good ones where you don't have to install the hose?
Yes, buy the ones where it install right onto windows where it vents directly outside without the need for any hose for venting.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19375 posts
3576 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
NICE-N-EVIL wrote: Temperature today May 21: 10C
So? Ever consider that other places have different temperatures, or that some people plan ahead?
Dec 19, 2011
560 posts
329 upvotes
These portable AC units are what we use in some of our small data centers when performing maintenance on the chilling units.

Not a permanent thing, but good for temporary relief.

Also good for a cottage or remote corner of the house that doesn't get much from the central unit.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
bit of a thread jack, but are any of these good?

I've got one tiny bedroom in my house where ventilation sucks. Can't heat it or cool it.
[IMG]http://www.factorydirect.ca/WEB-COUPONS ... ANS_08.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.factorydirect.ca/WEB-COUPONS ... ANS_16.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.factorydirect.ca/WEB-COUPONS ... ANS_07.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.factorydirect.ca/WEB-COUPONS ... ANS_10.jpg[/IMG]
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)