[Best Buy] Flash sale: Apple 12.9” iPad Pro 256 GB (2nd gen) refurbished

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 4:10 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2003
373 posts
25 upvotes

[Best Buy] Flash sale: Apple 12.9” iPad Pro 256 GB (2nd gen) refurbished

Seems to be great price if you don’t mind it being refurbished.
11 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12110 posts
1917 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It's not sold by a Best Buy, but by a partner who is selling via Best Buy's site. Best Buy's warranty and exchange policies do not apply here. Buy at your own risk.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1353 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
Price is way too close to a 13" retina macbook pro or 12" macbook.
Last edited by torontotim on Feb 17th, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10477 posts
1542 upvotes
apple to oranges

you can use the apple pencil on mbp
torontotim wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 11:37 am
Price is way too close to a 13" retina macbook pro.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping
Dec 26, 2014
826 posts
392 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Why does Best Buy allow these Marketplace sellers to make up BS pricing? $949.99 is only $279.01 off the price of a new one from Apple, where is this "Save $650" coming from?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1353 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
Assuming you meant "can't" I agree - if the pencil is that important to you, then get the iPad.

I'm a big iPad fan - have an Air 2 64GB LTE with a Belkin Qode keyboard to complement my 15" Macbook retina (2014 pre touchbar). I pull it out for short meetings, webex calls at airports or at coffeeshops etc. It does what I need in an ultra portable form.

But I paid $500 or whatever for it (Fido sale a while back). At $1000, I'm not looking at a complement to my $1500 used 15" Macbook.

So for the 1% where the 13" iPad Pro with pencil support is somehow a utilitarian tool, then it's a great option. The only users I've encountered however use it like I do - as a laptop alternative with a keyboard, and for that, the smaller and cheaper non-Pro iPad is much better.
Nov 29, 2011
398 posts
259 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
chemicalxv wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 11:43 am
Why does Best Buy allow these Marketplace sellers to make up BS pricing? $949.99 is only $279.01 off the price of a new one from Apple, where is this "Save $650" coming from?
i've heard this "afffiliate seller" program -- i guess akin to what Amazon does -- is the new trend now in retail. BB's not the only one doing it. and for people who want to run a small business, which is who i have heard about this from, it's a lot easier to do this than to build your own brand and get people to trust, etc.

but yes i agree, for me it tarnishes the BB brand and i find it harder to trust their website now. everytime i search i have to remember to check that it's actually BB that's selling it!
Nov 29, 2011
398 posts
259 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
torontotim wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 11:44 am
Assuming you meant "can't" I agree - if the pencil is that important to you, then get the iPad.

I'm a big iPad fan - have an Air 2 64GB LTE with a Belkin Qode keyboard to complement my 15" Macbook retina (2014 pre touchbar). I pull it out for short meetings, webex calls at airports or at coffeeshops etc. It does what I need in an ultra portable form.

But I paid $500 or whatever for it (Fido sale a while back). At $1000, I'm not looking at a complement to my $1500 used 15" Macbook.

So for the 1% where the 13" iPad Pro with pencil support is somehow a utilitarian tool, then it's a great option. The only users I've encountered however use it like I do - as a laptop alternative with a keyboard, and for that, the smaller and cheaper non-Pro iPad is much better.
is that the only Air 2 keyboard you've tried?

i have the same model and never got a keyboard...and i don't use tablets much. but maybe if i had a good keyboard, i'd use it more...
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10477 posts
1542 upvotes
the main draw for the 12inch ipp is directed to the creative crowd

it's supposed to be a cheap alternative to cintiq. i don't think anyone interested in a 12" ipp is looking as a pc replacement.
torontotim wrote:

[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
2960 posts
1380 upvotes
X24Secret wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 12:44 pm
The WiFi + Cellular 256Gb version is $1189 from Apple Refurbished. Big difference being Apple's refurbished gets brand new battery and case so nearly mint.
too bad the Apple refurb with Wifi only $1039 is OOS. I'd vouch for the Apple refurb for $90 more than BB 3rd party carpet bagger
May 4, 2007
915 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
torontotim wrote:

Again, apple to orange. If a normal iPad is fine for your usage, then stick with that. Noone is forcing anyone to get an iPad Pro. People who draw a lot, take hand-written notes, scribble, draft diagrams, etc, will find it to be an good option. It’s not the product’s problem that people use it “the wrong way” (like you do). Just because you can do web browsing on a lower-end Macbook doesn’t mean there is no reason for an iMac Pro to exist.