[Best Buy] Fossil Gen 5 273$ (30% off)

Gen 5 on sale on Bestbuy and Amazon.
Sale not yet live on fossil.com
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2423 posts
2559 upvotes
their hybrid is very nice but at this stage it should all be e-ink as they can still have all these features but will last more than a few days usage.
and that is mostly what is making me not buy a smart watch yet.
google is working with fossil for these next generation watches.
Dec 22, 2017
281 posts
418 upvotes
I would say this is the only wear os watch worth buying right now, as this is the only one with 1gb of ram.
Jan 8, 2007
125 posts
2 upvotes
waven101 wrote: their hybrid is very nice but at this stage it should all be e-ink as they can still have all these features but will last more than a few days usage.
and that is mostly what is making me not buy a smart watch yet.
google is working with fossil for these next generation watches.
You could always get their hybrid that has an e-ink display

https://www.fossil.com/ca/en/products/h ... 7014p.html
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4911 posts
4537 upvotes
This watch came out this year , has the new CPU and gets updates from Google.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1564 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering if I should get this. I was so hoping for a Galaxy Watch 2 this year, and it didn't happen. I've been using a Huawei Watch 2 for the past 2 years, and it wasn't blazing fast then (nor was any Android Wear/WearOS watch) and certainly getting worse with age.

On a side note, is this charged by qi/wireless? Think the biggest feature on the Galaxy watches is charging, my Huawei charging thingy works fine-ish, but sometimes I connect it wrongly in the evening (or there is something between the watch and charger) and I get it in the morning like 20% battery... while with one the Galaxies I could charge anywhere with my phone...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Apr 23, 2019
21 posts
9 upvotes
Active 2 only has 768MB on standard model. LTE model has 1.5gb of Ram. I have the active 2 and love it. 768MB seems enough so far to me.
Last edited by flygodz on Nov 27th, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 23, 2019
9 posts
8 upvotes
I have the previous gen. Love the watch, and it's look. But god damn, is the battery life absolutely horrendous. It's probably has the worst battery life of any tech product i've ever seen.
Nov 26, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
PeteJ79032 wrote: I have the previous gen. Love the watch, and it's look. But god damn, is the battery life absolutely horrendous. It's probably has the worst battery life of any tech product i've ever seen.
I heard they fixed the battery life problem in Gen 5, can last multiple days under light use and with the extended battery mode.