Shopping Discussion

Best Buy / Future Shop shipping status thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2012 9:43 pm
Aug 8, 2011
700 posts
42 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I called Best buy and they informed me that all orders placed between December 24 and January 2 will be shipped as of today. So guys we will get our stuff most likely Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
Wow my order got shipped yesterday and I received it today super fast :) .
Jul 16, 2003
301 posts
17 upvotes
Date ordered: Dec. 26th, 2011
Date shipped: January 4th, 2012
Date received: IN TRANSIT by Canada Post
Delivery expected: January 10th, 2012

Total: 15 calendar days if received on 01/10
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Gasket wrote: Date ordered: Dec. 26th, 2011
Date shipped: January 4th, 2012
Date received: IN TRANSIT by Canada Post
Delivery expected: January 10th, 2012

Total: 15 calendar days if received on 01/10

Where Is your item being shipped from? If It's from the other side of the country then I wouldn't think It's that bad.
Jul 16, 2003
301 posts
17 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Where Is your item being shipped from? If It's from the other side of the country then I wouldn't think It's that bad.

You are correct, it is being shipped from RICHMOND, BC.
Jul 16, 2003
301 posts
17 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: That's understandable then!

Some people have It shipped from where they're from like Mississauga -> Mississauga and It takes like a week haha.
And again, my post was not to complain but rather an FYI... :)
Aug 31, 2007
462 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
thestar99 wrote: I called Best buy and they informed me that all orders placed between December 24 and January 2 will be shipped as of today. So guys we will get our stuff most likely Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

+1 I was told the same thing by FS ...

BTW my HTIB order was delivered today :D apparently it took long because the item was heavy and big requiring two people to deliver
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10595 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
All orders I've made up to Jan 3rd have shipped, 1 arrived, 2 coming from Missisauga instead of Richmond unfortunately
Dec 27, 2010
197 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Hi all
I just received my T2i package (bag and extra battery) but did not find my Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II Lens ($89) i ordered in that box
Even the outside of the box just says T2i kit.
If you are like me who ordered that lens did you get that in the same box or as separate shipment?.I have emailed BB also.
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10595 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
Check your order, if it's separate shipments you should have 2 invoices. Had that once, one came from Ontario the other from BC
Dec 27, 2010
197 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
crimsona wrote: Check your order, if it's separate shipments you should have 2 invoices. Had that once, one came from Ontario the other from BC

Thanks, I received reply from BB that they have sent as a separate shipment prob from BC thats why its taking time.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4982 posts
580 upvotes
BC
anyone know more information about the extended returns (which i believe is last day tmr).. i bought something online back in oct 29 but didn't get the item until nov 14 or so... am i still entitle to return??
Dec 6, 2009
151 posts
40 upvotes
aliikram wrote: I have a super-weird situation for my BB.ca order of a TV. Ordered Dec 26th, got shipping confirmation on Jan 2nd, and it's just been sitting in Canada Post notified status until now, when I just read the following...

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2012/01/04 12:41 RICHMOND Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

Didn't know that Best Buy was fulfilling the orders from (I presume) USA, and moreover, why ship through BC?

I bought two Toshiba 32" TVs ($249 each) and both TVs are still at the same status as above.

Hopefully I'll get these TVs soon; I'm not in a rush but this experience will make me think twice about ordering larger items on BD sales. At least if the price of the TV drops, I'll be sure to return/rebuy! :razz:

UPDATE: 01/10 - now both TVs are "out for delivery" and one was successfully delivered this morning. Waiting on the other one. Finally!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Slicktoxic wrote: I bought two Toshiba 32" TVs ($249 each) and both TVs are still at the same status as above.

Hopefully I'll get these TVs soon; I'm not in a rush but this experience will make me think twice about ordering larger items on BD sales. At least if the price of the TV drops, I'll be sure to return/rebuy! :razz:

Hmmmm, I am actually waiting for the exact same tv. ok, my order is just one unit but seems like we're basically in the same situation.
Dec 6, 2009
151 posts
40 upvotes
aliikram wrote: Hmmmm, I am actually waiting for the exact same tv. ok, my order is just one unit but seems like we're basically in the same situation.

Both my TVs now are "out for delivery" today so at last my TVs are here. Hope the same goes for you too.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Slicktoxic wrote: Both my TVs now are "out for delivery" today so at last my TVs are here. Hope the same goes for you too.
Yes, thanks. I missed the home delivery because I was out at work, but luckily confirmed they dropped it off at the local postal outlet on time. Picked it up this evening.
Hope you got yours safe and sound.
Jul 19, 2010
88 posts
40 upvotes
Ottawa
I just had a weird shipping situation with Futureshop, too. The item I was supposed to get was said to be shipped by Canada Post ground on Jan. 23rd. I got an attempted delivery notice today from UPS. I checked the Canada Post tracking number today that is given in my online account for the item, and the CP site says it is invalid. Strangely, the tracking number for UPS shows as being sent that same day instead.
So they were supposed to send the item by Canada Post ground, claimed to have sent it that way and provided an invalid tracking number for it, and appear to have sent it UPS instead. It is impossible for me to pick up anything from UPS's location and they only deliver during hours I am not home, so I had to reject the delivery (I'm never going to be here when they come back, and can never get there during their operating hours). Too bad they didn't really send it by Canada Post. Is courier really convenient for any home deliveries?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)