Best Buy

Garmin Fenix 6 Pro $479.99 ($400 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2021 10:47 am
[OP]
Jan 17, 2019
22 posts
75 upvotes

[Best Buy] Garmin Fenix 6 Pro $479.99 ($400 off)

First time posting, Garmin's Fenix 6 pro is on a crazy hot deal at Best Buy and Visions Electronics. I saw it was on sale on Amazon.ca as well but no longer any in stock at that price.

Edit: Visions OOS
Last edited by isaacle on Oct 16th, 2021 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
125 replies
[OP]
Jan 17, 2019
22 posts
75 upvotes
fifa636688033273636109 wrote: This was posted earlier today.
Yup, I saw. But it's in expired deals now and I wanted people to be able to see it's still active at best buy and visions!
Aug 2, 2014
572 posts
587 upvotes
Vancity
No sapphire no bueno. What's the point of buying an expensive athletic watch if you have to worry about scratches.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2233 posts
4809 upvotes
Markham
yeti13 wrote: No sapphire no bueno. What's the point of buying an expensive athletic watch if you have to worry about scratches.
It's better to have a screen be scratched than to shatter into a thousand pieces while you're in the wild, and relying on its GPS + mapping features.
Mar 29, 2006
54 posts
37 upvotes
yeti13 wrote: No sapphire no bueno. What's the point of buying an expensive athletic watch if you have to worry about scratches.
After 1.5 years of countless hits and scrapes, my non sapphire screen is completely scratch free (no screen protector either). It seems quite tough.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1148 posts
663 upvotes
If you are really anal about screen scratches you can actually buy a tempered glass protector for like $10.

But my Instinct has the regular gorilla screen and in almost 2 years of using it I don't have a single scratch on it ... and I don't baby my watch either.

Anyways I decided to go for it ... it's just too good of a deal to pass on, and fenix has always been the holy grail of activity watches, it's just it's always been way too expensive to justify.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1588 posts
1837 upvotes
@number17 My threshold was $500 and under (without tax) for a fitness watch, and then this happened... >_>
🏦 Banking: Alterna Bank (0.9%, No fees)
📈 Investing: Scotia iTRADE (XGRO, No fees)
💳 Spending: MBNA Rewards World Elite (5.5pts dine/utilities, 1.1pts rest), Brim Mastercard (1%, forex)
📱 Mobile: Eastlink 10GB Rollover ($45/mth)
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1058 posts
935 upvotes
Kingston
Dave510 wrote: It's better to have a screen be scratched than to shatter into a thousand pieces while you're in the wild, and relying on its GPS + mapping features.
Huh? Your point makes no sense since anything hard enough to damage the sapphire glass would completely obliterate the regular glass as well, and until that happens you have all the benefits of completely scratch proof.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1482 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
almost pulled the trigger then i saw its USB charging. i prefer solar charging less thing to worry about.
++ $8 talk text data plan + $0 3GB data only plan + Pixel 3a XL
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1588 posts
1837 upvotes
If the Best Buy link doesn't work, just search for it on the Best Buy site. It should appear.
🏦 Banking: Alterna Bank (0.9%, No fees)
📈 Investing: Scotia iTRADE (XGRO, No fees)
💳 Spending: MBNA Rewards World Elite (5.5pts dine/utilities, 1.1pts rest), Brim Mastercard (1%, forex)
📱 Mobile: Eastlink 10GB Rollover ($45/mth)
Nov 12, 2012
81 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
thehabs25 wrote: Page not found error
Go to the best buy website and search for Fenix 6 instead.
Nov 12, 2012
81 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
Agreed. I had a Fenix 5 non sapphire and ended up selling it for a sapphire. I scratched it twice on my countertop within 1 month. For something that I look at constantly, id rather it not all be scratched up.
Dec 20, 2018
61 posts
52 upvotes
deftpunk wrote: After 1.5 years of countless hits and scrapes, my non sapphire screen is completely scratch free (no screen protector either). It seems quite tough.
Exactly. I have made numerous dents in walls, appliances, brick walls, etc with my fenix 5 (no sapphire) from walking around like an ape i guess. No cracks or scratches, with just a basic screen protector for over 2 yrs now. On the watch, i mean.
Aug 12, 2010
729 posts
380 upvotes
chilly731 wrote: Exactly. I have made numerous dents in walls, appliances, brick walls, etc with my fenix 5 (no sapphire) from walking around like an ape i guess. No cracks or scratches, with just a basic screen protector for over 2 yrs now. On the watch, i mean.
Had mine - non sapphire- for over 2 years and hiking and banging it around with screen protector on.. no scratches. Fenix 3 Titanium.
Aug 12, 2010
729 posts
380 upvotes
Just read this watch also has dual bluetooth connections at once. Very cool.
Nov 29, 2010
190 posts
95 upvotes
Bought this yesterday at BestBuy! Really happy about this purchase. It's quite heavy so your arm is going to have a good workout when running :P
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6248 posts
4035 upvotes
Toronto
isaacle wrote: First time posting, Garmin's Fenix 6 pro is on a crazy hot deal at Best Buy and Visions Electronics. I saw it was on sale on Amazon.ca as well but no longer any in stock at that price.

Edit: Visions OOS
Why is this in expired?
Still available from Best Buy - made the purchase this morning.
OP - my understanding is you have the ability to bring it back to Hot Deals - you should do so, as others might want in.
[OP]
Jan 17, 2019
22 posts
75 upvotes
shikotee wrote: Why is this in expired?
Still available from Best Buy - made the purchase this morning.
OP - my understanding is you have the ability to bring it back to Hot Deals - you should do so, as others might want in.
I'm not sure. I got a message from a mod saying it was moved to expired? I updated the deal link since it broke but I'm not sure how to move it back to Hot Deals. I hope it is in the right forum now?