Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Garmin Vivoactive HR pre-order $333 (10% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2016 11:10 am
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 30, 2013
240 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Garmin Vivoactive HR pre-order $333 (10% off)

Figured this deserved its own thread. This is better than the fitbit Blaze, and probably going to be the best fitness first smartwatch on the market considering the features and price. If you are a serious runner and need interval and VO2 max, this will not have it, but thats not who its geared towards.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/02/garm ... fit3.html#
Images
17 replies
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I'll probably get it, but only when the price goes down a bit more.
Mar 6, 2008
865 posts
353 upvotes
Kelowna
coupon == WTPREORDER
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2991 posts
2283 upvotes
I have the non HR version coupled with Mio fuse.

The main issue with it is the crappy display. Was I wrong to assume that the display of a 300$ serious activity watch would be scratch resistant??? I guess I was as it got scratched on the first day I put it, before doing any type of activity.

I ended up getting a protector (tempered glass), unfortunately too late. So i'd recommend to protect that doughnut soft screen prior... just my .02$
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Apr 30, 2013
240 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
djredhat wrote: I have the non HR version coupled with Mio fuse.

The main issue with it is the crappy display. Was I wrong to assume that the display of a 300$ serious activity watch would be scratch resistant??? I guess I was as it got scratched on the first day I put it, before doing any type of activity.

I ended up getting a protector (tempered glass), unfortunately too late. So i'd recommend to protect that doughnut soft screen prior... just my .02$
Does that affect touch sensitivity?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2991 posts
2283 upvotes
Superstar1976 wrote: Does that affect touch sensitivity?
Well, I don't think there is a big difference. With or without protector, it seems to be slow when swapping screens.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Apr 30, 2013
240 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Ya. This is supposedly much snappier than the first generation version.
Nov 26, 2007
60 posts
9 upvotes
I can't speak to this model but I recently purchased the previous model and I must say I love it.

Not too sure why people cant see the screen, I see it fine, and the battery life is great. Never downloaded any courses yet but plan on doing that soon. I like mine a lot...
Oct 15, 2013
853 posts
1314 upvotes
djredhat wrote: I have the non HR version coupled with Mio fuse.

I have heard this on a few forums. To offer an alternative view though, I've had mine for 4 months worn every day 24/7 (except charging every couple weeks) and knocked about a fair bit and it is hasn't a single scratch on it. Not saying it wont ever get them but its been fine for me.

I really like the device. I'm tempted for the HR but I had tried other wrist based HR things (including the vivosmart HR which this new vivoactive has same HR hardware of) and they were just too inaccurate for anything other than repeated movements and the resting HR measurements always seemed way off. The little square underneath these things makes it less comfortable than the normal vivoactive too.

I got a Scosche Rhythm+ instead and that works way better. $90 at MEC.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1977 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
[quote="snoroqc" post_id="25493759" time="1458758819" user_id="138316"]I just bought the original version @ 199 $ to replace the forerunner 305. Refurbished.
http://www.gpscity.ca/garmin-vivoactive ... auled.html[/QUOTe]
Golf town sells garmins.
They've got the active on sale for $250. Might be able to use some coupons.
http://www.golftown.com/Garmin-Vivofit- ... hite-18322
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1977 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
Heads up they dropped the price to 329. Preorder discount no longer applies to Garmin.

My order doesn't reflect the new price.
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I just bought it at Sportcheck. Took advantage of the 10% for new customers
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2490 posts
1569 upvotes
Waterloo
wanchope wrote: I just bought it at Sportcheck. Took advantage of the 10% for new customers
Which location was this?
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!