Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Get into the upcoming Battlefield 2042 Beta for Free PS/XBOX/PC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2021 2:13 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
vanpatrick81 wrote: my only gripe about game is if your whole squad gets wiped out and you have to start at the freaking beginning of the map. it's like waiting for paint to dry running all the way til you get to the middle or the other end of the map.
That's what conquest is for, lots of vehicles so you can hop on a boat or heli and get there in no time.
Sep 16, 2011
598 posts
681 upvotes
Southern AB
I will pre-order, I'm gonna buy it anyways, I always do. BF is my jam, even when they are not at their best, there is nothing else like them.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1125 posts
1797 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: I will pre-order, I'm gonna buy it anyways, I always do. BF is my jam, even when they are not at their best, there is nothing else like them.
For anyone looking to actually preorder on PC, cdkeys is $57, a lot cheaper. No tax.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1426 posts
1989 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
BFV did have it's problems... but it's still been my favourite FPS since it was released. Never really enjoyed the new call of duty. I'll be buying BF 2042 for sure, even if there are some issues with it.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1684 posts
298 upvotes
decadentia wrote: With all the new totally undetectable hardware based cheats that have unearthed lately. Cheating is far away from ever being solved. It's the worst it has ever been. There are supposedly even implementations for consoles in the works, it blows.
Yeah. It's impossible to stop cheating outright but whats makes the game unfun is when its outright blatant. For that kind of stuff it's simple to move them onto another server with just bots. The cheaters just want to feel like they're using players as bots so just put them on a server with bots and don't tell them. EA can even clone the server so mid game they get booted off and don't even realize they're put onto a server against bots.

Otherwise community servers are the best way to police and moderate. The community will always volunteer some effort to keep their territory clean, but EA didn't offer this until BFV was well in the decline.
Mar 17, 2017
403 posts
195 upvotes
So when we will receive the code for the beta? I preorder yesterday night and I did not receive the code for the beta :(
Apr 10, 2006
864 posts
858 upvotes
Angultra wrote: That's what conquest is for, lots of vehicles so you can hop on a boat or heli and get there in no time.
Not all maps have vehicles readily available all the time. You get people immediately jumping on to a helicopter just to crash it immediately with you in it. Or people immediately jumping on to other land vehicles and immediately high tailing it out of there without waiting for other people. Yes, you get good games where people wait or you get crappy games where people leave you to run the whole entire map.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bob1321 wrote: So when we will receive the code for the beta? I preorder yesterday night and I did not receive the code for the beta :(
...the Beta isn't until September
Oct 28, 2019
94 posts
107 upvotes
Lostx403 wrote: Does pre-order include a working anti-cheat system? BFV was trash after a few months due to cheaters and Dice did sweet F all about it. Disappointed Face
Unlikely. You'll recall tat the source code for this game got leaked when EA/DICE got hacked not that long ago.
Sep 27, 2015
128 posts
296 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Friends don't let friends pre-order.

Remember...

Fallout 76 ....
Cyberpunk 2077 ...
Huh? What do those games have to do with pre-ordering?? Every highly rated and award-winning game was available for preorder at some point. Y'all fear-mongering making less and less sense every day. Ppl can do what they want with their own money.
Nov 21, 2012
282 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
ATOMANTMAN wrote: Until they figure out how to fix cheating i am done with online multipayer. Plus preorder is april fools tax.
Dedicated servers with active admins.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
The issue with BF games is that they get discounted shortly after release and every year you get a new version of the game that is paid and not free unlock for people who own the vanilla version.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
zylonite wrote: The issue with BF games is that they get discounted shortly after release and every year you get a new version of the game that is paid and not free unlock for people who own the vanilla version.
that's not how online games work anymore, all maps are free no dlc or expansions, the maps being dlc used to divide the user base and games stepped away from that, Now it's all free as they come and cosmetics and such are available through the battle pass.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: that's not how online games work anymore, all maps are free no dlc or expansions, the maps being dlc used to divide the user base and games stepped away from that, Now it's all free as they come and cosmetics and such are available through the battle pass.
No you didn’t understand what I said. I never mentioned DLCs or maps. I meant weapon and gadget unlocks and operators which you can pay to unlock.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3973 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
ryokoseigo wrote: Different is with a battlefield game you know exactly what your going to get. You either like BF or you don't, You can expect a bad launch week, as all online game, although if its proper servers then it should even be good too. BF isn't known for massive bugs, so I don't see much of a problem.
LOL. BF4 was buggy AF at the beginning. One of my favourites was the spreading black landscape when you spawned in.

They did eventually fix it, and it is still my favourite BF, but to state that no Battlefield game has been buggy on release is no less than selective memory. I preorder zero these days.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3973 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Abba116 wrote: Huh? What do those games have to do with pre-ordering?? Every highly rated and award-winning game was available for preorder at some point. Y'all fear-mongering making less and less sense every day. Ppl can do what they want with their own money.
Foolish ppl can do what they want with their own money.

FTFY.
Jul 11, 2018
174 posts
124 upvotes
Mars
You don't get it guys. It's nothing about the bugs/glitches. It's about the war against supersoldiers.
Bugs can be fixed for sure but how you can fix those broken souls.
Good luck if you play on pc.

Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
vanpatrick81 wrote: Not all maps have vehicles readily available all the time. You get people immediately jumping on to a helicopter just to crash it immediately with you in it. Or people immediately jumping on to other land vehicles and immediately high tailing it out of there without waiting for other people. Yes, you get good games where people wait or you get crappy games where people leave you to run the whole entire map.
in 2042 vehicles drop on demand, you just call for it and it drops wherever you want it to.

You'll notice in the video at the 58 seconds mark.

Apr 10, 2006
864 posts
858 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: in 2042 vehicles drop on demand, you just call for it and it drops wherever you want it to.

You'll notice in the video at the 58 seconds mark.

sweet. so they have vending machines for vehicles now. lol. i bet you, you call one vehicle in and before you get close enough to it, someone closer will immediately jump into it and high tail it. happens a lot on the black ops zombie game where you get items for doing trials. each person who does the trial and succeeds gets their own rewards. but they way the system works is you have to "click" on a machine (and each player has their own machine) and it'll pop out the rewards on the ground where you have to pick it up. i've had people just swoop in stealing my reward once the machine pops it out.
Banned
Apr 8, 2015
345 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, ON
Kojima wrote: You don't get it guys. It's nothing about the bugs/glitches. It's about the war against supersoldiers.
Bugs can be fixed for sure but how you can fix those broken souls.
Good luck if you play on pc.

Camping on maps isn't hard to get kills like that. I'm 99% sure he's a camping sniper with that Death count.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)