[Best Buy] Glencairn 320ml Canadian Whiskey Glass $5.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 5:21 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2014
333 posts
179 upvotes

[Best Buy] Glencairn 320ml Canadian Whiskey Glass $5.99

$1 cheaper than the last sale price. Need $30 to qualify for free shipping but can PM at other retailers such as here.
Last edited by gshrfd on Dec 19th, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Aug 18, 2013
99 posts
59 upvotes
This looks like it's an oversized version of the regular glencairn class, 320ml vs 200ml. Would this be too wide for nosing?

I love my 200ml glencairn glass but feels a little pretentious whenever I use them as some casual drinkers rarely would recognize the glass and i would need to explain it improves the drinking experience as opposed to my lowball glasses.

This being said, if the 320ml version doesn't offer the same experience since the wider brim seems to allow more of the aroma to escape, then better off using a classy looking lowball glass.

Does anyone have an experience with this specific glass?
Aug 18, 2013
99 posts
59 upvotes
....needless to say... It is still a very good price for a whiskey glass from a reputable maker....
Jan 25, 2013
76 posts
66 upvotes
wchau85 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 7:24 am
This looks like it's an oversized version of the regular glencairn class, 320ml vs 200ml. Would this be too wide for nosing?

I love my 200ml glencairn glass but feels a little pretentious whenever I use them as some casual drinkers rarely would recognize the glass and i would need to explain it improves the drinking experience as opposed to my lowball glasses.

This being said, if the 320ml version doesn't offer the same experience since the wider brim seems to allow more of the aroma to escape, then better off using a classy looking lowball glass.

Does anyone have an experience with this specific glass?
OP needs to change the title. This is NOT the Glencairn scotch glass! It is the oversized Glencairn Canadian one. These are designed for Canadian whisky, where you have to add a lot of ice or mixer to make it half palette able. If you are using the smaller scotch Glencairn, stick with it. I’ve gotten a few of these Canadian ones over the years and I end up giving them away. They are not much of a nosing glass.
May 10, 2006
71 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for this OP! I've been looking for a deal on these. They're usually around $10.99. Possible PM opportunity at bed bath and beyond?

These are definitely bigger than the normal glencairn glasses but are preferable to some since they have weight and are more like a tumbler. Very nice glasses.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
1836 posts
361 upvotes
what is this, a dram for giants?
[OP]
Mar 1, 2014
333 posts
179 upvotes
whileheavenwept wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 9:08 am
Thanks for this OP! I've been looking for a deal on these. They're usually around $10.99. Possible PM opportunity at bed bath and beyond?

These are definitely bigger than the normal glencairn glasses but are preferable to some since they have weight and are more like a tumbler. Very nice glasses.
You may PM at Linen Chest. They match the price and give 10% off the difference.
Jul 3, 2002
968 posts
175 upvotes
YYC
Collegiate wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 7:39 am
OP needs to change the title. This is NOT the Glencairn scotch glass! It is the oversized Glencairn Canadian one. These are designed for Canadian whisky, where you have to add a lot of ice or mixer to make it half palette able. If you are using the smaller scotch Glencairn, stick with it. I’ve gotten a few of these Canadian ones over the years and I end up giving them away. They are not much of a nosing glass.
The original Glencairn scotch glass is only good for lower alcohol content whiskies below 45% or so, which is most of the Scotch whisky. Anything that is stronger than 45%, like cask strength whiskies, get a far too concentrated nose in the original Glencairn scotch glass, which is why they make a wider brim glass. When you get the right brim size for the whisky alcohol content, the better nose does make it more enjoyable.
Sep 25, 2007
541 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
OOS. Source: asked a buddy who works at Best Buy to look up stock levels across Canada.