Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Gloomhaven on sale - $99.99 + 10% off if buying 2+ Games- Best Buy (Price updated to $119.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2019 2:18 pm
Jun 6, 2007
27 posts
92 upvotes
Waterloo

[Best Buy] Gloomhaven on sale - $99.99 + 10% off if buying 2+ Games- Best Buy (Price updated to $119.99)

Best Buy has Gloomhaven on sale again right now for $99.99. Buy 2 or more games and save an additional 10% off the games ordered. Not for everyone, but a great price for the #1 ranked game on boardgamegeek.com

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/gl ... h/11535869

UPDATE: Price has now been updated to $119.99. Still cheaper than other online retailers (i.e. 401 games) and may be worth your while if purchasing 2 or more games with the additional discount.
Last edited by smoothrocker7 on Sep 9th, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
30 replies
Oct 7, 2015
17 posts
29 upvotes
Regina, SK
I picked this up last time it was on sale here. Ugh.

Now I'm addicted, as are the 3 people I play with. It even caused me to get into 3D printing.

It's expensive and takes up a good chunk of space when in use, but it's the most fun we've had in years.
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
orbitdesign wrote: How does season 2 compare to season 1? Haven't played either but I'd like to.
Both are great and amongst my favorite game experiences. You do want to get a dedicated group though to get the most out of it as then everyone is invested for the ride. Season 1 has a better story I think, so start there if you've not played it yet. It's also on sale - buy both and get the 10%!
Feb 10, 2017
16 posts
19 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: How does season 2 compare to season 1? Haven't played either but I'd like to.
I got Season 2 during a similar sale and we're having a great time with it, despite not having played 1. Most will still say to play Season 1 first, but so far we have had no issues with the story in 2.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
The game isn't the problem, it's finding ppl...
Jul 15, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I will never not advocate for this game if you can find a couple of other people to play it with semi regularly. The most fun I have had with a board game ever, and awesome to see how the players and characters change over time. Every time I see gold on the ground now I just get mad as I know that is all we focus on lol.

Gotta fund our Sanctuary deposits somehow I guess! :)
Jun 9, 2014
29 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I can't draw any comparison, as I just bought Season 2 today from this sale. Season 1 is great, and I highly recommend it.
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
whatever you do, do not buy this game and then a 3d printer.. (i just got the printer a few days ago.. ) now im gonna be painting mini's for the next month!

this game is awesome, better with more people, My GF and i are doing the campaign have about 35 scenarios done, unlocked a few characters, but from what i have read the game is better with more people, this game is very scaleable as well, im not sure how someone can create such a balanced game with sooo many different things that can affect anything.

the game is not that hard to play but can be VERY hard to learn with no outside help. watch youtube videos on quick starts and such or else you will be banging your head off the wall, reddit is very friendly

if you decided to play this game, some great advice i heard was, this is a legacy game thats also fantasy, so if your character party decides to be those lawless assholes, stick with it, same with if you go down the nice guy route. It an hurt the game experience if you are wishy washy..
Apr 7, 2015
835 posts
853 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Daaaang, I just bought two copies from Iron Bean for $113 each (me and a buddy who lives in another province and I don't see much.

Coulda saved $50...
Nov 15, 2007
345 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
in for one. even got a friend to pick up something else so we could get that extra 10%!

thanks op!
Jun 20, 2012
83 posts
128 upvotes
Aurora
aotregina wrote: I picked this up last time it was on sale here. Ugh.

Now I'm addicted, as are the 3 people I play with. It even caused me to get into 3D printing.

It's expensive and takes up a good chunk of space when in use, but it's the most fun we've had in years.
i was hoping the same thing but i have this opened semi-setup to scenario 1 sitting on the biggest folding table i can find needing friends willing to read though this Dickens sized instruction manual since the last sale. ( yea... its literally collecting dust in my family room)
the pair that i opened it with gave up after a couple hours of trying to figure out the setup and play

on the other hand we have played Azul many times (the other game i got to get the 10%)
Apr 16, 2014
395 posts
630 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Sweet! Snagged a copy, though I'll be putting it away to gift for Christmas. Damn fine price for a fabulous game!
Jul 1, 2012
30 posts
112 upvotes
Leduc
Thanks OP!
I bought for same deal last time at Bestbuy, and paired it with Azul for the 10%. We've got a regular group for Gloomhaven (who love it!), and I really enjoy Azul as well for a much lighter 30m-1hr game.
Anyone who can't get a group for Gloomhaven together... the deals on Pandemic Legacy S1 or S2 and other games, plus 10% off are still great prices.
Jul 15, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
Saskatchewan
meatwagon wrote: whatever you do, do not buy this game and then a 3d printer.. (i just got the printer a few days ago.. ) now im gonna be painting mini's for the next month!
This is the case with brother as they both arrived around the same time. The amount of attempts we have gone through to 2 a set of 4 player boxes printed out is insane, and I still really want to print some doors and other common items.
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
KoRpJazz wrote: This is the case with brother as they both arrived around the same time. The amount of attempts we have gone through to 2 a set of 4 player boxes printed out is insane, and I still really want to print some doors and other common items.
im going full tilt now, printed off my gf's summons and traps, now i just rendered all the monsters and about to do the same for the bosses. let me know if you want my files with added supports?

doors will come in as well.
Nov 12, 2014
440 posts
394 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I miss those days when we used to have a blast. Now I can't find anyone to play with. Thanks OP though. . Great post.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
Dang, was hoping to get Scythe and Gloomhaven but the price for Scythe isn't very good right now. Guess I'll get the Dead of Winter: The Long Night expansion instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)