Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Google Fitted Hard Shell Fabric Case for Pixel 2 XL Carbon Black - $9.99 (OOS Online, In Store Only, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 11:04 am
[OP]
Jul 22, 2014
607 posts
1022 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Best Buy] Google Fitted Hard Shell Fabric Case for Pixel 2 XL Carbon Black - $9.99 (OOS Online, In Store Only, YMMV)

Sold out online but they are available for "Reserve In Store".

I picked up three at a Best Buy Mobile store in Calgary. Not hoarding, extras are for colleagues with the Pixel 2 XL. All three of mine were brand new in the box. The case looks and feels wonderful but I would never have paid the regular price of $50 at both Best Buy and the Google Store.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/go ... 40758.aspx

Edit: The link now displays "Page Not Found". This was possibly a price error and Best Buy just caught it. If you search their website for the Google Pixel 2 XL case it still shows at $9.99 in the list, but clicking on the item also brings you to page not found. I'll wait a little longer then I'll mark this thread expired.

Edit 2: Went to a Best Buy Mobile that had stock and they still rang in for $9.99.
Last edited by blyndfyre on Feb 8th, 2019 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
42 replies
Sep 9, 2003
513 posts
108 upvotes
Damn too bad it's OOS everywhere in the GTA.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10899 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto
Zero stock in Ontario. Or at least anywhere within Toronto to Barrie, lol.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Jul 22, 2014
607 posts
1022 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I keep forgetting that RFD only apply to people in the GTA.
Jul 21, 2013
565 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
Is this one better than for example a Spigen?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10899 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto
blyndfyre wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 1:57 pm
I keep forgetting that RFD only apply to people in the GTA.
Oh snap! Didn't realise that we couldn't save some people time by letting them know OOS in GTA instead of wasting time searching and lo and behold others get pissed cause GTA, and everyone knows GTA IS RFD.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Nov 15, 2005
603 posts
265 upvotes
Montreal
koffey wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 2:40 pm
Oh snap! Didn't realise that we couldn't save some people time by letting them know OOS in GTA instead of wasting time searching and lo and behold others get pissed cause GTA, and everyone knows GTA IS RFD.
give OP a brake, yes its YMMV but Jesus he wont be writting where its stock and not on topic!
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 29,99$
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
koffey wrote:
That's very nice of you to check your area for people but did you down vote it? I think that's where the OP is a little disappointed here. It's a reasonable response from OP.
Jan 3, 2007
904 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
Nigel wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 2:46 pm
That's very nice of you to check your area for people but did you down vote it? I think that's where the OP is a little disappointed here. It's a reasonable response from OP.
Some people feel very powerful when they downvote, like they have accomplished something.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10899 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto
Nigel wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 2:46 pm
Yeah I did, OP could have simply put YMMV ect. I get scolded when I create threads in which it does not apply to EVERYONE. Clearly this is a cut and dry case of exactly that.
Rich3rd wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 2:45 pm
give OP a brake, yes its YMMV but Jesus he wont be writting where its stock and not on topic!
Is there a reason why YMMV is not in the title? Did I suggest that OP needs to indicate where stock is or is not? No, I simply stated that there's ZERO stock in the GTA and OP copped an issue with GTA being the center of RFD. So what's your problem?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
koffey wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 2:54 pm
Yeah I did, OP could have simply put YMMV ect. I get scolded when I create threads in which it does not apply to EVERYONE. Clearly this is a cut and dry case of exactly that.
But how is he supposed to know YMMV?? Is he supposed to verify every single sector of Canada to make sure you can reserve in store???????? Come onnnnnnn. Add your info for people and move on with a smile. Jeepers.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10899 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto
Nigel wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 3:05 pm
But how is he supposed to know YMMV?? Is he supposed to verify every single sector of Canada to make sure you can reserve in store???????? Come onnnnnnn. Add your info for people and move on with a smile. Jeepers.
I did and OP can say GTA is RFD but OP still can't be bothered to edit and put YMMV in the title? And people still need to quote me and moan about it?

Fun fact, I don't even own this phone and I bothered to look it up.

:)
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1236 posts
401 upvotes
Any large cities have these?
[OP]
Jul 22, 2014
607 posts
1022 upvotes
Calgary, AB
koffey wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 1:53 pm
Zero stock in Ontario. Or at least anywhere within Toronto to Barrie, lol.
koffey wrote:
First, you were wrong about zero stock in Ontario. I checked and in the first 20 stores there were 4 with stock.

Second, you were the second person to let everyone know it was out of stock in the GTA. The first reply stating so was sufficient.