Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Google Home Max ($350 for 1 / $600 for 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 7:40 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5769 posts
6710 upvotes
Alberta

[Best Buy] Google Home Max ($350 for 1 / $600 for 2)

I believe this is the lowest I've seen for the Google Home Max. There is an additional $100 of savings if you purchase two. These sound great, and this is very tempting at this price if I didn't already have several sound systems around my home...

Here is the links for the Chalk color...

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/go ... 22251.aspx?
104 replies
Jun 7, 2013
457 posts
617 upvotes
GATINEAU
Thanks I just bought the last black and one white left.
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
Seems to be sold out online and in stores, refresh coming?
May 6, 2018
209 posts
215 upvotes
Wow how come no one is commenting here?

Sounds like a good deal...
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1707 posts
592 upvotes
GTA
Picked up two charcoal ones just now. Great deal. Replacing my Sonos speakers as I prefer the google home integration. Will be selling my sonos speakers on kijiji.
Apr 16, 2017
428 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Always wanted to try this speaker but wasn't impressed with price. Don't forget ebates :)
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1707 posts
2235 upvotes
Toronto
JagStyles wrote: Picked up two charcoal ones just now. Great deal. Replacing my Sonos speakers as I prefer the google home integration. Will be selling my sonos speakers on kijiji.
Sonos is getting google home integration this year on some of their speakers.

Let me know how these compare to your Sonos. I have a Play 1 and it sounds great. The Max probably compares more with a Play 3 or 5. The 5 is the price of two Max's though.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3397 posts
422 upvotes
Mississauga
The best price ever was a $700 something discount earlier in 2018 when you bought 2.

Probably a price error but they honored it for all orders.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190309-073722_Gmail.jpg
May 12, 2006
551 posts
520 upvotes
ON
Majokito wrote: Sonos is getting google home integration this year on some of their speakers.

Let me know how these compare to your Sonos. I have a Play 1 and it sounds great. The Max probably compares more with a Play 3 or 5. The 5 is the price of two Max's though.
I currently have 1 Play5, 3 Play1s, and a Connect.

I am selling my gear as I can't get through one song without Sonos cutting out. Sonos support says there's two much wireless interference from other condos. What a joke.

Anyone have any input on how the Google speakers perform in a similar situation?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1707 posts
2235 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck485 wrote: I currently have 1 Play5, 3 Play1s, and a Connect.

I am selling my gear as I can't get through one song without Sonos cutting out. Sonos support says there's two much wireless interference from other condos. What a joke.

Anyone have any input on how the Google speakers perform in a similar situation?
That's terrible! Can you change your wifi channel or something to reduce interference?
May 12, 2006
551 posts
520 upvotes
ON
Majokito wrote: That's terrible! Can you change your wifi channel or something to reduce interference?
I've tried, I've changed to sonosnet, moved my wired device further from router. I've bought a new AC3200 router, reset all devices etc. Nothing helps. Basically I'm out a lot of dough and not much I can do about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1707 posts
2235 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck485 wrote: I've tried, I've changed to sonosnet, moved my wired device further from router. I've bought a new AC3200 router, reset all devices etc. Nothing helps. Basically I'm out a lot of dough and not much I can do about it.
That sucks man. I used to live in a condo and would see dozens of WiFi networks show up but that was before the smart home and wifi speakers and stuff were that common so there were a lot less devices in use. I'm sure a lot of people have these issues now.

I'm in a house now and I have anywhere from 25-35 devices showing as connected to my wifi at any given time. The number of devices is only going to increase as people get more wifi connected appliances, cameras, sensors, wearables etc.
Jan 27, 2011
718 posts
773 upvotes
Thanks OP, purchased 2 of them to take advantage of the bigger discount. Comes to around $339 per speaker. I currently own 2 x Sonos Play 1's and will sell those depending how I like the Google Home Max. Although the Sonos sound great, I dislike how they promised Google Assistant integration 2 years ago, and still haven't released anything. I also do not like how the Sonos do not have a basic auxiliary port doesn't do Bluetooth...Will also end up selling my normal Google Home for extra savings :)
Dec 17, 2006
567 posts
330 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone want to group buy in the Calgary area?

Edit: Found a 2nd buyer.
Last edited by cdogg26 on Mar 11th, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 21, 2011
170 posts
162 upvotes
New Brunswick
username0001 wrote: Can I connect this to TV ?
It does bluetooth and 3.5 aux, so as long as your TV supports those outputs, yes.
Dec 28, 2004
314 posts
78 upvotes
I have the older Sonos one play and I hate the disconnects or that I can't stream Amazon music. Is the sound quality comparable for the Google Max? I am no audiophile so not that picky. Also if anyone in Toronto is looking to get the deal for 2 I may be interested.
Jun 13, 2008
789 posts
122 upvotes
Slayguy wrote: I have the older Sonos one play and I hate the disconnects or that I can't stream Amazon music. Is the sound quality comparable for the Google Max? I am no audiophile so not that picky. Also if anyone in Toronto is looking to get the deal for 2 I may be interested.
Sound is more like Play 5 so WAY better than Sonos One

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)