Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Google Home Max ($350 for 1 / $600 for 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 7:40 pm
Jun 23, 2010
276 posts
139 upvotes
North York
Angultra wrote: These support stereo mode which I imagine the sound will be fantastic with a pair.
This might make me keep the 2nd speaker instead of selling it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3715 posts
858 upvotes
warmdeals wrote: It appears that all major retailers have it for $350 now. Places like Home Depot and Costco do not even show a discount. I wonder if this is just the new ongoing price...
$350 should have been the launch price from the start. At $499, that is just highway robbery.
Sep 28, 2015
580 posts
452 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
boonjaca wrote: $350 should have been the launch price from the start. At $499, that is just highway robbery.
True.

I am debating whether to get it. I tried to connect my mini to my bluetooth sound bar, which works initially but disconnects every few hours, so it gets annoying...

Maybe I should have bought the Chromecast Audio...
Jan 8, 2006
828 posts
169 upvotes
nonfatalexec wrote: This might make me keep the 2nd speaker instead of selling it.
debating the same thing. portable party-in-a-box type of thing that you only need power and wifi to rock out, even outdoors.
Jun 28, 2006
832 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
nasdaqnyse wrote: Is anyone in the Calgary wanting to purchase a set together and split the cost?

Thanks
Me, PM me! In the SW
Jul 27, 2006
192 posts
1 upvote
Thornhill
got an extra charcoal one - will sell at cost ~340. near midland and steeles. PM me
Nov 3, 2015
247 posts
48 upvotes
Clarkson, ON
Grabbed 2 white and 2 black. Let's see which one looks better with my space.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1815 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
I'm thinking about getting a 2nd to pair in my space to my TV (aux out on tv with a splittter - it works), anyone else in GTA/midtown interesting in splitting?

edit: got 1 from another user here. thanks for the msgs!
Last edited by funkdoobi on Mar 20th, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2006
2037 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
funkdoobi wrote: I'm thinking about getting a 2nd to pair in my space to my TV (aux out on tv with a splittter - it works), anyone else in GTA/midtown interesting in splitting?
I am @funkdoobi
iPhone 2G (x2)>>IPhone 3G (x3)>>iPhone 3GS>>iPhone 4 (x2)>>Nexus One>>Nexus S (x3)>>Moto Atrix>>BB Bold>>BB curve 3G (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 UK (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 India>>Samsung Galaxy S2 (2)>>Palm Pre Plus>>White iPhone 4>>Nokia N95>>HTC Sensation 4G(x2)>>HP Pre 3>>Samsung Nexus (x2)>>IPhone 4S White>>Samsung Galaxy Note UK (x2)>>Nokia Lumia 710>>Samsung Galaxy S3 UK White>>HTC One X LTE White ATT>>HTC ONE X Grey UK>>HTC Wildfire S>>IPhone 5 Black
Feb 22, 2009
565 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
Any buyer's remorse so far out there? I've got 2 Chaulks by the front door awaiting their fate as a result of a "buy now, think later" impulse...waffling between keep one, keep both, return both...1GH+4GH Mini owner here.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2164 posts
1987 upvotes
Alberta
I'm very happy with mine. I have a 2nd Chromecast audio and Ultra coming today/tomorrow that will finally complete my home multi room audio.
Feb 22, 2009
565 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
Lush78 wrote: I'm very happy with mine. I have a 2nd Chromecast audio and Ultra coming today/tomorrow that will finally complete my home multi room audio.
Chromecast audio from where? After they went discontinued and firesaled they've been in short supply.
Feb 22, 2009
565 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
Just missed out on the Costco $199.97 Max firesale yesterday; the $340 price point seems a touch warm'ish now Slightly Smiling Face Not looking good for these 2 chaulks sitting at my front door.
Dec 26, 2012
131 posts
139 upvotes
TORONTO
EvanFBC wrote: I took delivery of mine today, and I have to admit, with all the hype, the sound quality leaves a lot to desire.

It sounds muddled and fuzzy, almost as if the bitrates are low (I am using Spotify Premium).

Anybody else feel this way? Perhaps I was expecting too much, but there’s little clarity to the sound.
I don't know for certain as i don't have one, but looking at all the reivews and comparisons, it seems well known that the Play:5 and leaps and bounds better than the Google Home Max in regards to sound quality.

If i wanted a smart speaker first, i'd probably get this one. If i wanted a high quality audio speaker first that was wireless, i'd go the Sonos route. To me , sound quality is #1 which is why I went with a pair of Play:5's