Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Google Home Max ($350 for 1 / $600 for 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 7:40 pm
Jan 8, 2006
833 posts
170 upvotes
stevewk wrote: Just missed out on the Costco $199.97 Max firesale yesterday; the $340 price point seems a touch warm'ish now Slightly Smiling Face Not looking good for these 2 chaulks sitting at my front door.
was there an RFD thread? didn't spot this deal yesterday :(
Dec 14, 2007
984 posts
391 upvotes
Cowboy905 wrote: I don't know for certain as i don't have one, but looking at all the reivews and comparisons, it seems well known that the Play:5 and leaps and bounds better than the Google Home Max in regards to sound quality.

If i wanted a smart speaker first, i'd probably get this one. If i wanted a high quality audio speaker first that was wireless, i'd go the Sonos route. To me , sound quality is #1 which is why I went with a pair of Play:5's
How good is yours compared to the max? Been using the max for a couple of days. It’s pretry good but I honestly don’t think it is as good as it’s hyped to be.

Does the play 5 go on sale much?
Dec 26, 2012
217 posts
194 upvotes
TORONTO
kkkat wrote: How good is yours compared to the max? Been using the max for a couple of days. It’s pretry good but I honestly don’t think it is as good as it’s hyped to be.

Does the play 5 go on sale much?
I don't have a max but I won one, plugged it in, and wasn't impressed. If I didn't have my Play:5's maybe i would have been very impressed but I guess i'm just used to the Play:5's now. They don't go on sale often, but people over on the r/sonos subreddit often have 20% codes for the site and that's when they scoop them up.
Jan 8, 2006
833 posts
170 upvotes
bumping to see if anyone wants a charcoal GHM BNIB @ sale price $340 all-in. oakville\burlington area.
Feb 22, 2009
660 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
jamex wrote: bumping to see if anyone wants a charcoal GHM BNIB @ sale price $340 all-in. oakville\burlington area.
Just return one. They give you $299.99+tax=$338.xx back ;)
Jan 8, 2006
833 posts
170 upvotes
stevewk wrote: Just return one. They give you $299.99+tax=$338.xx back ;)
haha oh yeah? if that's the case then I'll just do that.
Feb 22, 2009
660 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
jamex wrote: haha oh yeah? if that's the case then I'll just do that.
Yeah literally did it last night. I decided to wait until an hour before closing on a Friday to try the part-time employees ;) but she just scanned my online receipt printout (that just shows $599.98 for 2) and immediately gave me $338 back. I just mentioned it was much larger than I expected.
Jun 7, 2013
353 posts
309 upvotes
GATINEAU
stevewk wrote: Just return one. They give you $299.99+tax=$338.xx back ;)
It depends which one you return.
When I bought mine, they charged me $350 for the first one and ($350-$100) $250 for the second one, both bought together at the same time, right at the start of the sale.
Because I got a white and black I'm guessing, they shipped from different warehouses and on two separate receipts.
My white one was $350 and the black one was $250, so when the white came, I just returned it full price and got to keep the black one at $250.
Someone else who bought different colours or who has two separate receipts might be just as lucky. Didn't want to brag initially cause it is very YMMV but I was super happy.
Mar 4, 2010
296 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: Does it come with a $350 receipt?
No receipt - don’t care to share my Personal info but it’s $340. If interest I’ll hold on to it for a few more days before returning.
Feb 22, 2009
660 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
TechJunk wrote: It depends which one you return.
When I bought mine, they charged me $350 for the first one and ($350-$100) $250 for the second one, both bought together at the same time, right at the start of the sale.
Because I got a white and black I'm guessing, they shipped from different warehouses and on two separate receipts.
My white one was $350 and the black one was $250, so when the white came, I just returned it full price and got to keep the black one at $250.
Someone else who bought different colours or who has two separate receipts might be just as lucky. Didn't want to brag initially cause it is very YMMV but I was super happy.
Well done. Noted. I ordered matching ones in case I was able to convince myself to keep both, but I eventually talked myself out of taking the $677 hit. Now debating whether to keep my one at $299 after hearing about your $250 deal...and also missing out on the Costco $199.97 deal.
Jan 8, 2006
833 posts
170 upvotes
returned my second GHM to bestbuy on the weekend. the customer service lady gave pause and called a manager over regarding the promo and how to handle the refund. We both agreed that the receipt showed quantity 2x of $300 items, the discount was pre-applied to the item costs rather than a discount at the end of the receipt, and that they would refund the single item amount which meant i retained the $50 discount on the GHM I kept.

the $250 deal seems extremely YMMV. just looking at my receipt it sounds like someone rung that in different than mine since I show 2x $300 items rather than 1x $350 and 1x $250.
Feb 22, 2009
660 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
jamex wrote: the $250 deal seems extremely YMMV. just looking at my receipt it sounds like someone rung that in different than mine since I show 2x $300 items rather than 1x $350 and 1x $250.
It all depends on the shipping. If both items are shipped together they'll be on the same receipt. If they ship separately they get invoiced separately with no mention or reference of package deals. As was mentioned by ordering different colours they ended up being shipped separately with one invoice showing $250 and the other showing $350. 50/50 which one gets the $250 discount so either you get lucky or may have to settle for whatever colour got the highest discount.

Also that's why I went just before closing on a Friday night hoping to get a sales associate who wasn't aware of the buy 2 get $100 off promo.