Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Google Home Mini 49.99$ with any smart lighting product (starts at 3.99$)

[OP]
Jan 2, 2015
248 posts
166 upvotes

[Best Buy] Google Home Mini 49.99$ with any smart lighting product (starts at 3.99$)

Hi,

I guess this deal is warm when we remember the poste 2018 prices at 39.99, but for now, I guess that's a good price :

Google Home mini at 49.99$ at Best Buy when you buy a smart lighting product with it.
From the link, you can sort by price and see that the cheapest smart lighting product is a wallplate at 3.99$ (only 1 remaining). Next available item is at 8.99$ (21 remaining)

Discount appears in the cart when you add the Google Home mini and an eligible product.

Charcoal Google Home Mini
Chalk Google Home Mini
Leviton Plus Screwless 1-Gang Wallplate - White 3.99$
Lutron Claro 2-Gang Switch Wallplate (CW-2-WH) 8.99$

I hope nobody posts the deal and that's not considered cold ;)
25 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3478 posts
958 upvotes
The $3.99 item wasn't available yesterday when looking at this deal. Decent enough deal for whoever grabs that.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2015
248 posts
166 upvotes
tietherope wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:38 am
The $3.99 item wasn't available yesterday when looking at this deal. Decent enough deal for whoever grabs that.
When you say it's decent, do you mean, considering the price in december?
I don't think I saw them at this price since then, except when buying much more expensive products with, right?
I don't know if I should grab one or not at this price :/

I want one, but I'm reluctant paying this price :/
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3478 posts
958 upvotes
secretliar wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:44 am
When you say it's decent, do you mean, considering the price in december?
I don't think I saw them at this price since then, except when buying much more expensive products with, right?
I don't know if I should grab one or not at this price :/

I want one, but I'm reluctant paying this price :/
Yes, I just mean compared to December.

If it helps, I bought one yesterday, just paired with a bulb instead because there was no $3.99 item and if I was paying $9+ to get this deal, I might as well get something other than a wall plate that is useless. I got in on the Source Hue starter kit + Echo Dot, but will sell the Echo and use the money for this as I prefer to have Google Home.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4376 posts
782 upvotes
stupid thesource cancelled my order for TWO of these last month at 39.99, i had the 25off100 coupon too! course its back in stock now at 79.9price tho...u guys think it ever hits 39.99 again lol
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
[OP]
Jan 2, 2015
248 posts
166 upvotes
tietherope wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:50 am
Yes, I just mean compared to December.
If it helps, I bought one yesterday, just paired with a bulb instead because there was no $3.99 item and if I was paying $9+ to get this deal, I might as well get something other than a wall plate that is useless. I got in on the Source Hue starter kit + Echo Dot, but will sell the Echo and use the money for this as I prefer to have Google Home.
I want to use them with Yeelights color bulbs and Best Buy doesn't sell them, only Amazon :(
mikka2017 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:50 am
stupid thesource cancelled my order for TWO of these last month at 39.99, i had the 25off100 coupon too! course its back in stock now at 79.9price tho...u guys think it ever hits 39.99 again lol
I sure hope so!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18402 posts
4922 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Yeah... I got two regular google homes at $75 after coupon, and 3 minis at around 31.50 each after coupon. I think I'm good on household 'spy' devices now but it would be hard to swallow paying more now that I've had a taste of that if I ever did want more.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3478 posts
958 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 8:17 am
Yeah... I got two regular google homes at $75 after coupon, and 3 minis at around 31.50 each after coupon. I think I'm good on household 'spy' devices now but it would be hard to swallow paying more now that I've had a taste of that if I ever did want more.
This is the reason that they might be forced to lower the price at some point. It was so widely available and for so long that people will have a really hard time paying full retail.
Nov 2, 2012
581 posts
489 upvotes
Winnipeg
So if I got one of these as a bundle to bring the price down to $50, and like one of the $9 switch plates, think I could return the plate later and keep the mini? Face With Tears Of Joy

Or would I have to return both as the discount only worked when you combined the two?
[OP]
Jan 2, 2015
248 posts
166 upvotes
Caerus wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 8:40 am
So if I got one of these as a bundle to bring the price down to $50, and like one of the $9 switch plates, think I could return the plate later and keep the mini? Face With Tears Of Joy

Or would I have to return both as the discount only worked when you combined the two?
General FAQs
How do I return a gift, bundle or bonus item?
Bundles: If you purchased an item as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. However, if you decide to break up that bundle by returning an item, the price of all items in the bundle reverts to what they would be if they were purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.

If you return the wallplate, they will ask you to pay the difference :)
Nov 2, 2012
581 posts
489 upvotes
Winnipeg
secretliar wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 8:46 am
General FAQs
How do I return a gift, bundle or bonus item?
Bundles: If you purchased an item as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. However, if you decide to break up that bundle by returning an item, the price of all items in the bundle reverts to what they would be if they were purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.

If you return the wallplate, they will ask you to pay the difference :)
Good to know.

I got a home mini and a hue dimmer switch. Came to $90.66. The dimmer will be good for my bedroom because I still forget sometimes and flip the switch off instead of telling Alexa to turn the bulbs off. I'll just stick it next to the switch and tape the other one in the on position for now Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes.

The home mini will go on the main floor with all of my sengled bulbs.

I guess I'll be able to compare the Echo and Mini to see which one I prefer. Will probably end up selling one and having two of the same once I figure out which one is better.
Jul 28, 2008
261 posts
119 upvotes
The 3.99 single wall plate is back in stock.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1122 posts
381 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
mctnguy wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 10:20 am
The 3.99 single wall plate is back in stock.
Awesome....I was hoping more stock would become available...thanks to the OP's on this deal! My order appears to have gone through....only 5 $3.99 plates remaining after my order.
Jun 13, 2017
225 posts
115 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
So, what is the wall plate smart for?
"Are you telling me to get a smart switch instead of a smart bulb for my bedside night lamp?"

ArloCopter