Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Google Home Mini 49.99$ with any smart lighting product (starts at 3.99$)

[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
493 posts
442 upvotes
Montréal area

[Best Buy] Google Home Mini 49.99$ with any smart lighting product (starts at 3.99$)

Hi,

I guess this deal is warm when we remember the poste 2018 prices at 39.99, but for now, I guess that's a good price :

Google Home mini at 49.99$ at Best Buy when you buy a smart lighting product with it.
From the link, you can sort by price and see that the cheapest smart lighting product is a wallplate at 3.99$ (only 1 remaining). Next available item is at 8.99$ (21 remaining)

Discount appears in the cart when you add the Google Home mini and an eligible product.


Charcoal Google Home Mini
Chalk Google Home Mini
Leviton Plus Screwless 1-Gang Wallplate - White 3.99$
Lutron Claro 2-Gang Switch Wallplate (CW-2-WH) 8.99$


I hope nobody posts the deal and that's not considered cold ;)
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5876 posts
3971 upvotes
The $3.99 item wasn't available yesterday when looking at this deal. Decent enough deal for whoever grabs that.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
493 posts
442 upvotes
Montréal area
tietherope wrote: The $3.99 item wasn't available yesterday when looking at this deal. Decent enough deal for whoever grabs that.
When you say it's decent, do you mean, considering the price in december?
I don't think I saw them at this price since then, except when buying much more expensive products with, right?
I don't know if I should grab one or not at this price :/

I want one, but I'm reluctant paying this price :/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5876 posts
3971 upvotes
secretliar wrote: When you say it's decent, do you mean, considering the price in december?
I don't think I saw them at this price since then, except when buying much more expensive products with, right?
I don't know if I should grab one or not at this price :/

I want one, but I'm reluctant paying this price :/
Yes, I just mean compared to December.

If it helps, I bought one yesterday, just paired with a bulb instead because there was no $3.99 item and if I was paying $9+ to get this deal, I might as well get something other than a wall plate that is useless. I got in on the Source Hue starter kit + Echo Dot, but will sell the Echo and use the money for this as I prefer to have Google Home.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
15248 posts
4373 upvotes
Scarberia
stupid thesource cancelled my order for TWO of these last month at 39.99, i had the 25off100 coupon too! course its back in stock now at 79.9price tho...u guys think it ever hits 39.99 again lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
493 posts
442 upvotes
Montréal area
tietherope wrote: Yes, I just mean compared to December.
If it helps, I bought one yesterday, just paired with a bulb instead because there was no $3.99 item and if I was paying $9+ to get this deal, I might as well get something other than a wall plate that is useless. I got in on the Source Hue starter kit + Echo Dot, but will sell the Echo and use the money for this as I prefer to have Google Home.
I want to use them with Yeelights color bulbs and Best Buy doesn't sell them, only Amazon :(
mikka2017 wrote: stupid thesource cancelled my order for TWO of these last month at 39.99, i had the 25off100 coupon too! course its back in stock now at 79.9price tho...u guys think it ever hits 39.99 again lol
I sure hope so!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19628 posts
7011 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Yeah... I got two regular google homes at $75 after coupon, and 3 minis at around 31.50 each after coupon. I think I'm good on household 'spy' devices now but it would be hard to swallow paying more now that I've had a taste of that if I ever did want more.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5876 posts
3971 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Yeah... I got two regular google homes at $75 after coupon, and 3 minis at around 31.50 each after coupon. I think I'm good on household 'spy' devices now but it would be hard to swallow paying more now that I've had a taste of that if I ever did want more.
This is the reason that they might be forced to lower the price at some point. It was so widely available and for so long that people will have a really hard time paying full retail.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2622 posts
3806 upvotes
So if I got one of these as a bundle to bring the price down to $50, and like one of the $9 switch plates, think I could return the plate later and keep the mini? Face With Tears Of Joy

Or would I have to return both as the discount only worked when you combined the two?
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
493 posts
442 upvotes
Montréal area
Caerus wrote: So if I got one of these as a bundle to bring the price down to $50, and like one of the $9 switch plates, think I could return the plate later and keep the mini? Face With Tears Of Joy

Or would I have to return both as the discount only worked when you combined the two?
General FAQs
How do I return a gift, bundle or bonus item?
Bundles: If you purchased an item as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. However, if you decide to break up that bundle by returning an item, the price of all items in the bundle reverts to what they would be if they were purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.


If you return the wallplate, they will ask you to pay the difference :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2622 posts
3806 upvotes
secretliar wrote: General FAQs
How do I return a gift, bundle or bonus item?
Bundles: If you purchased an item as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. However, if you decide to break up that bundle by returning an item, the price of all items in the bundle reverts to what they would be if they were purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.


If you return the wallplate, they will ask you to pay the difference :)
Good to know.

I got a home mini and a hue dimmer switch. Came to $90.66. The dimmer will be good for my bedroom because I still forget sometimes and flip the switch off instead of telling Alexa to turn the bulbs off. I'll just stick it next to the switch and tape the other one in the on position for now Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes.

The home mini will go on the main floor with all of my sengled bulbs.

I guess I'll be able to compare the Echo and Mini to see which one I prefer. Will probably end up selling one and having two of the same once I figure out which one is better.
Member
Jul 28, 2008
307 posts
172 upvotes
The 3.99 single wall plate is back in stock.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2005
1564 posts
1309 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
mctnguy wrote: The 3.99 single wall plate is back in stock.
Awesome....I was hoping more stock would become available...thanks to the OP's on this deal! My order appears to have gone through....only 5 $3.99 plates remaining after my order.
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
582 posts
378 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
So, what is the wall plate smart for?
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1010 posts
536 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Thanks, I ordered this and a 2 pack of the TP Link smart plug minis.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5876 posts
3971 upvotes
The white and colour ambiance bulbs are $49.99 in store today (in Markham at least). Doesn't show discount online.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
493 posts
442 upvotes
Montréal area
adhika wrote: So, what is the wall plate smart for?
Here? Only saving money! When they do a promo and don't think properly, don't ask :P
Member
Jul 14, 2008
311 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
adhika wrote: So, what is the wall plate smart for?
For most, it's a way to unlock the $30 saving on the Google Mini. For me, I'm actually slowly replacing my old and ugly wall plates by these much nicer screwless types. So it's a win-win in my case :)
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1094 posts
616 upvotes
Too bad this only applies to google mini ... i want the google home for my main floor as I already have 2 google mini for the other 2 floors

Top