Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1840 posts
273 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
TorontoBORN wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:11 pm
Same price everywhere for the mini
yep. home depot sale started today as well .. 35 for the mini and 89 for the home.

if I can get a staples coupon to work tomorrow that'll be the place for me to get two. these are going to be solely used with my nvidia shields to add to my laziness. the shields make me not want to leave the house. the mini's will make me not want to leave the couch to reach for the remote, in said house. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Apr 1, 2008
28 posts
6 upvotes
Wrocky wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 8:22 am
I'm just hoping that they sell the Google Home Hub in Canada before Christmas. They are currently only available in the US and will be on sale for $99 starting on the 22nd. Google and B&H won't ship these to Canada, so I'll have to find another way if I want one soon.
I got one from target.com
https://intl.target.com/s?searchTerm=google+home+hub
Dec 25, 2010
278 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
winson82 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 12:49 pm
I think you got lucky. I've had really bad experience so far and as I was doing research online and troubleshooting it was only then I discovered that it was the norm.
I have 3 minis and a regular home and haven't had any issues in the past year either. Works perfectly fine.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7900 posts
743 upvotes
Drizzt wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 10:52 pm
I have alexa built into my thermostat, and all I can say is it's faster to search the house for my phone to google something, than it is to get an acceptable answer to a question from Alexa.
I have an Alexa and a Google mini. They argue all the time but right now they’re not on speaking terms. :)
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
1823 posts
376 upvotes
Nepean
slaytez wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 6:53 am
I got one from target.com
https://intl.target.com/s?searchTerm=google+home+hub
Thanks for that. I didn't realize that Target shipped to Canada now. Unfortunately though, I get a pop up saying: " This product is not available for shipments to this country. Please remove this item from your shopping cart." You must have got lucky.
Wrocky
Nov 19, 2015
810 posts
951 upvotes
If anyone has to be in the USA, Walmart has Google Smart Light Starter Kit - Google Mini and Smart Light Bulb 2 pk for $42.00 USD.
Dec 12, 2011
251 posts
86 upvotes
NEPEAN
poppy1337 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 10:38 pm
Wouldn't it be better to just change the speaker of the Google home mini to the sound system (through Bluetooth) vs. buying a Chromecast audio?
In my experience Chromecast quality is better than Bluetooth (unless you have Bluetooth APTx). I also use the digital input of the Chromecast Audio (cheap adapter found on Amazon) which sends the digital audio to my sound system and the latter converts it to analogue (if you have a good DAC in your sound system, this is the way to go).