Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Google Nest Outdoor Camera - 2 Pack $298.98

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 9:37 am
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
I was contemplating switching over to ring it just seemed a bit more affordable but im not sure if motion detection recording is enough now... I was actually going to pass on this deal then a group of kids and an adult pass by today with a large dog and it defecated right in front of my house on the sidewalk which they argue about picking up for 2 minutes then only clean up half of it ...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
DasHip wrote: Keep in mind this is the older model Outdoor Nestcam, hence why they're clearing them out.

The new (even indoor model) is ridiculously overpriced. $400 reg according to BBuy, lol

I got a single one on clearance for 1/2 off at my local Shoppers. 125 I believe. Have yet to unbox and use.. Will probably be using indoors initially!
The IQ is not meant to replace the Nest Cam... So it's not an "old model". It's a different camera with less features. The Nest Cam is still listed on Google's official store. It has not been discontinued or "clearing out"
Oct 6, 2018
589 posts
1082 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote: For those complaining they lag, it's your network.
They only work off of 2.4ghz wifi due to Canadian regulations.
Specs says they work on 5Ghz too. Does Google limit this in Canada?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2849 posts
2539 upvotes
Ontario
Chipppy wrote: Specs says they work on 5Ghz too. Does Google limit this in Canada?
Yes. Cdn gov doesn't allow 5ghz on "outdoor" equipment. If it's important use an indoor cam if possible
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4551 posts
2623 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the nightvision quality of these cameras?
Jun 25, 2020
400 posts
466 upvotes
Oakville, ON
For me, I decided to go with a Nest setup - as Google already knows everything! might as well use them. I did not want to install another app and mix and match devices. Its simple to just use the google home system
Apr 6, 2003
464 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
boonjaca wrote: Can anyone comment on the nightvision quality of these cameras?
Seems pretty good to me.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1275 posts
888 upvotes
ON
CaptainCrash wrote: Yes. Cdn gov doesn't allow 5ghz on "outdoor" equipment. If it's important use an indoor cam if possible
Care to share a link about this? I'm pretty sure outdoor 5ghz is allowed.
Jul 2, 2016
889 posts
2362 upvotes
EmmEmm wrote: it does but the batteries usually last for a few months before a recharge. I believe for Arlo it is 3-6 months. i am waiting on the sidelines for an Arlo 3 sale.
You can also buy a solar panel so you don't need to recharge the camera.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1360 posts
744 upvotes
Layhe86 wrote: Showing $349.99
In the OP, what does the expiry date say?
Jul 21, 2005
431 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener
Anyone get shipping confirmation from HD yet?
Something something dark side...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10926 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there any way to record from these cameras without paying for a $100/year Nest Aware subscription?
Aug 15, 2009
284 posts
83 upvotes
If anybody is looking to part with one, let me know!
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1360 posts
744 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Is there any way to record from these cameras without paying for a $100/year Nest Aware subscription?
Bad news, no, you can’t record from them without a subscription. Good news, the subscription is $80.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Scote64 wrote: Is there any way to record from these cameras without paying for a $100/year Nest Aware subscription?
An alternative is a Ring cam, the sub is $30US via Amazon.

Also, use a Ring floodlight or turn the on your porch/fascia lights at night, or a separate motion light behind Ring or Nest is much better imaging than IR on these tiny sensors.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
brensavoyton wrote: I was contemplating switching over to ring it just seemed a bit more affordable but im not sure if motion detection recording is enough now... I was actually going to pass on this deal then a group of kids and an adult pass by today with a large dog and it defecated right in front of my house on the sidewalk which they argue about picking up for 2 minutes then only clean up half of it ...
My neighbor kept finding crap on his lawn, turns out I caught the guy directly across from him always bringing his dog to our side. I sent him the vid and he let the guy have it, stopped that. They also moved, good riddance.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2849 posts
2539 upvotes
Ontario
Elec2016 wrote: Care to share a link about this? I'm pretty sure outdoor 5ghz is allowed.
There's lots of information available through a google search, however its widely known that Google has shut off 5ghz for Canadian versions of this product.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1275 posts
888 upvotes
ON
CaptainCrash wrote: There's lots of information available through a google search, however its widely known that Google has shut off 5ghz for Canadian versions of this product.
We have used 5Ghz at our company for sure. There might be certain frequencies in the 5Ghz range are not allowed but a google search tells me Canadian users have reported using 5Ghz with their Nest Hello.
Dec 23, 2006
355 posts
69 upvotes
Price is back up to $349 on BestBuy