• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 5:03 am
[OP]
Feb 20, 2010
19 posts
13 upvotes
Sherbrooke

[Best Buy] Google Pixel Stand $79.99

Also available at amazon https://www.amazon.ca/TESSCO-Wireless-C ... 07J2KMP4X/ for the same price.

I'm aware this deal is not for everyone. It's mostly for Google/Pixel enthusiasts as you can find wireless charging stands for much much less. The stand has been out for couple years already so I wish it was even cheaper. Well, I was eyeing it for a while but couldn't justify paying full price so at 79.99$, I'll bite.

There are some benefits to using this particular stand paired with a pixel though:
  • Seamless integration with Nest products brings notifications right to your device while charging, such as the video feed of guests at your front door when the Nest Hello doorbell rings
  • Transforms your smartphone into a digital frame when charging to display images from your Google Photos library
  • Features a soothing alarm mode that gradually brightens your Pixel screen with warm colours before your alarm sounds to help you wake up
* Seems like there were some issues with Pixel 5 and pixel stand, but some people mentioned an update is available and does fix the issue.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 29th, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4065 posts
2043 upvotes
Always been interested in this stand/charger having several Pixel phones, but even at $80 I find it to be too much unfortunately.

Thanks for the post though!
Last edited by tietherope on Oct 29th, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7444 posts
800 upvotes
As a Pixel 3XL owner and enthusiast as you put it, still can't justify the price of this
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1288 posts
1423 upvotes
GTA
It works (mostly, a few times it has had issues until the phone is power cycled). We bought one for a Pixel 4XL using the Google credit we got from buying the phone last BF. Had to spend the credit before it expired and didn't want anything else from the google store. Even $80 is too much for what it is.
Jul 13, 2020
42 posts
104 upvotes
(Pixel 3XL owner)
Wow, so it's$100 otherwise.. that's a lot for this stand.
Agreed, even $70 is too much.
Would rather get some anker wireless charging stands fo much less.
Sep 12, 2016
112 posts
180 upvotes
Works well on my Pixel 3 but would never pay this much for one. It's nice but not $70-$100 nice. I got mine via pre-order promotion.
Dec 8, 2010
641 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this stand early after launch with my Pixel 3 XL.
It was my main charger, use it a night. It's not the only charger I use, but the vast majority of charging was done with it.

With that said, My Pixel 3 XL did get battery swelling and had to get repaired.
Jan 17, 2006
903 posts
254 upvotes
Mississauga
Agree with most, this need to go down to at least $40 to be worth it...

BTW, I read somewhere that costco is selling one that somehow fools the pixel into thinking it's the pixel stand and much cheaper... Not sure if true or not, can anyone confirm?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)